KeyPoint Government Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

Background Investigstor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Falls, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyPoint Government Solutions (Great Falls, MT).

Interview

I applied online and within a few weeks I recieved an email informing me that I met the minnimum qualifications and I was asked to take an online assesment. The assesment was tedious but not difficult, alot of questions were the same question reworded. Once I completed that, I recived an email to schedule a phone interview. I did that the following week. The phone interview was nothing out of the ordinary, typical interview questions. At the conclusion of the interview, I was told I would be contacted for a 2nd interview if they wanted to move forward with me, within 2 weeks. I recived the email the same day. 2nd interview was video chat interview, some questions more directly related to the job duties. I was told to dress like I would for any other interview. I wore a shirt and tie. The person interviewing me was in a T-shirt. It threw me off a bit, but they were extreemly nice and the interview was very low stress. Once I completed that interview, it took about a week before I recived my job offer. Upon accepting that, I filled out a bunch of paperwork online for a background investigstion. I'm almost at 4 months from that point, hoping to hear any time from them to schedule my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a supervisor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyPoint Government Solutions (Washington, DC).

Interview

There was a phone interview first. Then a video conference. It lasted about 45 minutes. Interviewer was very courteous. She asked behavioral questions. She also asked questions based on if you were in the job. It was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Which order would you list the following values?
      Quality
      Production
      Integrity
      Timelines   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyPoint Government Solutions.

Interview

Applied, took 4 personality tests, had a phone interview that lasted about 30 mins and then a web cam interview that lasted about 35 mins, offered the job at the end of that interview. The interviewers were very friendly and encouraging with answers.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on past experience and scenario based questions as well   Answer Question

Background Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KeyPoint Government Solutions.

Interview

Interview Process went fairly quick after the initial recruiter reached out to me. There were 3-4 interviews overall and the final interview was a video conference. You also have to complete a personality test before your final interview. Recruiters explained the role in detail and were easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges you have overcome In the workplace and what did you do to resolve them?   Answer Question
    • How do you balance activities and priorities?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyPoint Government Solutions in March 2017.

Interview

I'd just like to share my two cents about the hiring process. My original phone interview was scheduled for 6:30pm CST. I was contacted by email two hours prior to the scheduled interview and asked if we could reschedule to 8:00am EST the next day due to a family emergency on the interviewer's part. I agreed.

The next morning, I called the conference line at 7:00am CST (8:00am EST) sharp and waited for 15 minutes. While holding for my interviewer, I emailed her to ask if I had the time right. She emailed me back 30 minutes later advising that she was calling me right then.

I looked at my phone and saw that I had a call from a completely different phone number. I answered and it was my interviewer.

She started off by explaining that she was under the assumption that I was on CST which would have made our call scheduled for 9:00am her time since she was on EST. I accepted this as an honest mistake on her part and continued with the interview.

I have over 11 years as a seasoned investigator (for both the FBI and a local police department), with 15 years in the intelligence community. She couldn't seem to grasp that background investigations are not nearly as complex as homicide/missing person cases. She also had no clue about the intelligence community. After she stated she would only be able to offer me the position at $17.34/hour, I told her thanks but no thanks and that was the end of that. She advised that the pay would not change anytime soon and that she understands. She then said they normally get retirees or recent college grads who jump on the opportunity for this pay. I assess this approach will lead to high turnover and I wish anyone taking this position the best of luck.

I figure if the way this interviewer represented herself is indicative of the overall company, there was no way I was going to take one step further.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have writing reports?   Answer Question
    • What kind of experience do you have conducting investigations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyPoint Government Solutions (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Company hiring process by a 3rd party and priorities are a joke. Interview questions are at elementary school level. Anyone, who has years of experience conducting security investigations and assessments when gets an email few days later after telephonic interview that company has taken a difficult decision to go with other candidates (New grads or retirees) than you, You should understand that this company cannot be your future choice to work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a background investigator?   1 Answer

Field Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyPoint Government Solutions (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online, did an assessment, phone interview and then video interview. Whole process took 1 1/2 months. Interview was fairly easy. Interviewer was nice and approachable. Not a bad experience at all!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to Work for keypoint?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

Interview

Received a phone call about interest as a candidate. Did a phone interview and then got emailed for a skype interview. Takes about a week before you get the answer if you they are interested or not.

Interview Questions

• If you were trying to find out if a certain person of interest lived in a household which they proclaimed to be and go to the site and find out that their neighbors never heard of their names what do you do? How do you approach and deal with it?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyPoint Government Solutions (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

phone and web interview. were very through and provided quite a bit of information. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Easy to relate to the person doing the interview and very personable

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good investigator   1 Answer

Background Investigator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyPoint Government Solutions (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

2 Interviews took place:
    1st one was a phone interview which basically just gave an overview of the job and just asked if I was still interested in the job. They also asked why I wanted to be a background investigator.
    2nd interview was a video call. I listed a few of the questions I was asked below. The interview was pretty easy and I stayed positive and smiled throughout the entire call (my answers were not too impressive). I had the video call on Sunday and a phone call with a job offer that Tuesday. They are very responsive!

Interview Questions

• -Why do you think you will make a good background investigator?
      -Put these words in order of importance and describe why: Production, Quality, Integrity, and time management.
      -Do you believe you can work in an independent environment?
      -Tell me about yourself?
      -Name a time you received constructive criticism and what you learned?
      -Name a time you and your supervisor did not agree, what happened?
      Scenario questions-
      -What do you do if a subject gives you their address, but their neighbor says he has lived there 15 years and no one by that name lives there?
      - What do you do if an individual lives in a gated community which you do not have access?
      - What do you do if the CEO of a business you are interviewing staff does not want you speaking with his employees?   Answer Question