KeyPoint Government Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Eric A. Hess

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Benefits, work from home and encourage overtime" (in 127 reviews)

• "It is very interesting work and has a very flexible schedule" (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "You will never be able to finish the amount of work that they require in a 40-hour work week" (in 15 reviews)

• "Absolutely no work/life balance you’re even called to work on your days off" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Good once you get the hang of it"

Current Employee - Investigator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Investigator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very interesting work and has a very flexible schedule

Cons

The learning curve for writing reports is tough, but they help you through it

Advice to Management

Additional in the field training

"Good Luck"

Pros

You get to work independently and the hours are flexible.

Cons

If you want to consistently feel like a failure then this job is for you.

Advice to Management

Train reviewers not to refile investigators based on personal preferences on how they want the report to be written as opposed to the required issue resolution.

"Background Investigator"

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Create Own schedule, understanding manager, generous bonus.

Cons

I’ve been employed by KGS for six years and a level 5 invesgator. I’m writing this directly to KGS- the amount of new reviewers, the exorbitant amount refiles, and the ridiculous amount of unescerary information being sought by reviewers is beginning to make this job unbearable. A level 6 coworker of mine (5 year KGS employee), who was a great FI just left the industry with the reviewer situation being one of the main reasons. I’m now looking for other employment. I now spend so much time dealing with refiles and emailing with reviewers, that my production is being negatively affected along with my general happiness with this job. I would estimate that 80% of the clearifcations being sought by new reviewers (why does it seem like they are all new?) have no impact on the case, and is information that nbib could care less about and would never kick back to KGS.

Advice to Management

Do something! The reviewers are not reviewing cases using common sense! There is an over reliance on the king form. How did we all survive for years without the magical king form!

"Don’t work here to make a career out of it."

Former Employee - Investigator in Saint Louis, OK
    Former Employee - Investigator in Saint Louis, OK

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Folks, I read the Glassdoor reviews before I took the job as an investigator. I was so sketched out by the bad reviews that I went out of my way to find a random Keypoint Investigator on LinkedIn just so I could get an ‘unbiased’ opinion. Although he didn’t necessarily recommend the company, he didn’t say enough to keep me from taking the job. I accepted the offer not because I anticipated building a career with this (joke of a) company, but because I wanted the job experience. It looks great on a resume but rest assured this job is soul crushing. You WILL be overworked and you WILL be underpaid. Me being who I am, I almost laughed at these reviews because I thought that ‘they probably just didn’t know how to manage their time or complained because they had to work a little’. Well the joke was on me. I had a great relationship. We were in the first year of buying our first house together. The stress, pressure and nonexistent work-life balance working for Keypoint ultimately ruined a life that I adored more than anything. I just want anybody who is considering a job with Keypoint to know that their incredible turnover rate isn’t because of the people they hire, it’s this company. Hey, believe me I get it. They throw a fancy job title at you and make you feel special enough to carry a badge, but a month in to the job those things are completely irrelevant. After training you’ll be handed a ‘comfortable’ amount of casework. The way that it works, once you transmit one item, you’re automatically assigned another item. Sounds manageable right? You’d think so. You will constantly get your reports sent back to you after spending hours working on them. I’m talking about the pettiest, most irrelevant things. You’re expected to go back out into the field to get more information for these cringeworthy corrections that are so stupidly pointless. Those reopens are ‘top priority’ but you’re still expected to get that other casework in on time. What I’m trying to say is that their expectations are quite literally not impossible to meet. They hound you knowing very well that you can’t get all the work done but they just want to squeeze as much work as they can out of you because it puts more money in their pockets. Lol I’ve given you a pretty honest and open review of my experience. Although this job completely destroyed my personal life, I just got a job for one of Glassdoor’s best companies to work for in 2018! Quite literally the opposite of Keypoint. This is exactly why a took a job with Keypoint though. The poor pay and hard work will pay off if you take the job knowing you just want the year’s experience to boost your future career with another company.

Cons

I quit just short of a month of meeting my one year. They’ve been harassing me about paying them back 1200 dollars when let’s be real, I slaved for these people for pennies while they sat back and stuffed money in their pockets. I made this company so much money while I lived paycheck to paycheck barely making ends meet and they think I owe them over 1,000 dollars lol. Keypoint, y’all silly. Just be aware that this company does not care about you. They make you sign a one year agreement because they KNOW how awful this job is. It keeps their turnover rate slightly lower because employees fear having to pay back thousands of dollars when you can barely make it by on the hourly wage they pay you. FYI I will NOT pay this company 1200 dollars. I’ll gladly take that hit on my credit report before I hand them a single dollar. Oh, please also be aware that they’ll send you the occasional company-wide email saying that you’ll be fired if you don’t clock all time worked, but it’s kind of an unsaid thing between everyone that you have to work overtime without clocking it so you’re not treated like the ugly stepchild.

Advice to Management

Honestly, there’s no hope for this company. I see the direction it’s heading and I can’t imagine it being around much longer.

"Reviewer"

Current Employee - Reviewer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Reviewer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, work from home and encourage overtime.

Cons

Inconsistency with IHT advice which is supposed to be according to IHB, NBIB, and additional guides. Poor managers that are condescending. Their focus is integrity yet not seen in managers. Most came from prior company that dissolved due to integrity issues. They train hard and fast not giving time needed to absorb. Huge turn over.

Advice to Management

Hire all new managers. Give more time for training. Pay increases to FI’s and Reviews as they are the foundation.

6. "Background Investigator II"

Current Employee - Background Investigator in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great manager,

Cons

could pay employees a little better.

Advice to Management

This company has been great to me. I have had great managers.

"New Employee"

Current Employee - Background Investigator in Hinesville, GA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in Hinesville, GA

Pros

Requires that new employees are integrated in the organization and has an understanding of what their job details. Will come back later for an update.

Cons

Being I’m a new employee I don’t have any cons but will come back at a later date for update.

"Special Investigator"

Pros

Just like you, I was searching anywhere and everywhere for information about life working for this company. There are plenty of scathing reviews but I'm going in the opposite direction with this. I'm about to hit my 6 month mark and I actually enjoy the job. I don't work in a metro area and I don't feel like my caseload is that crazy, I've never missed a deadline and never had a problem from management getting a deadline moved based on subject or source availability. The training in Colorado was a decent experience. They hole you up in an extended stay with a fridge and stove and everything. Classes are pretty lax but they throw a lot of information at you. Instructors were always willing to answer questions and they even held study sessions at the hotel meeting room in the evenings, you get paid overtime if you attend the study sessions.

The pay isn't great (it's good for me as this is my first "professional" job) but the experience is good and paychecks are on time. Expenses such as mileage are reimbursed weekly, so that's a nice little boost to get me by.

I haven't had issues with management so far, my field manager is always understanding as long as you communicate with him as soon as an issue arises.

Working from home is great. I'm a slacker so sometimes it's hard to get motivated but for the most part the flexible schedule is great. I try to schedule most of my meetings in the morning so it leaves me afternoon free to do whatever I want. If I want to run some errands or skate off for a bit I can save my typing for later. If you're even somewhat organized you can structure your week how you want. Sometimes I'll just have a whole day dedicated to typing and just scheduling some meetings, so I don't even have to put pants on.

You have to be personable and you have to be diligent and timely. You get issued a badge and I imagine some people let it get to their head and kind of try to pass themselves off as law enforcement. Just smile when you approach people and always try to make them laugh so they feel more at ease. It's bad enough that you're some dude or dudette showing up out of nowhere and flashing a badge trying to obtain information about someone. A lot of people will skeptical about who you are and what the investigation is about. Being friendly and honest will get you pretty far.

Cons

Reopens. I get reopened constantly. I once had 6 reopens in one day, yeah most of it was my fault...but still, dealing w/ 6 in one day was stressful.

"Training"

Former Employee - Background Investigator in Sha-To-She, OK
    Former Employee - Background Investigator in Sha-To-She, OK

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First two weeks paid training at home, next two weeks in Loveland. They pay airfare, salary, and per diem door to door from home. They pay .54/mile, $59 Per diem and shuttle service. Hotels have kitchenettes and free shuttle to anywhere in Loveland

Cons

Information overload. Very disorganized delivery. They skip from one topic to another and then back to the original. You better memorize many manuals and be able to cross reference each one. Trainers are arrogant and very jealous of prior law enforcement officers. They will demand more of you, scrutinize you, embarrass you. Trainers demand perfection on minutia topics, such as reciting exact wording when identifying yourself to personal sources. Very ticky-tacky because you say 'and' instead of 'the'.

Advice to Management

Hire a college professor to completely revamp training curricula and reorganize steps and levels of learning. Slow down so students (adult learners) can digest and grasp all information in a logical order. Adult learners expect to know Step 1 before moving to Step 2. Don't start with Step 3, go to Step 2, and then to Steps 6 and 1.

"Field Investigator"

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a paying job, the interviewing and meeting new people is fantastic, working from home should be great, but....

Cons

They abuse the fact that you work from home and try to occupy every minute of your day. They do not care about the "work area radius" and send you on assignments that are 15+ miles out of your area, WHICH takes up incredibly large amounts of your limited, 24hrs per day ability to complete the assignments in their time frame. When I had an associate to interview and they were on vacation for a month, no one told me to return the file because it could not be done in the allotted time, I assumed I had to keep the file until the work was complete. NO guidance provided about how to handle the impossible time schedule they give you...just lip service. Again, the rule about "radius of work area" that they refer to in the job posting is an absolute joke. In four months I received two cases out of 100+ that were in my supposed "work area." But still, huge hits to job performance if you don't start meeting their requirements from day one. I quit after four months.