KeyPoint Government Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Eric A. Hess

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Benefits, work from home and encourage overtime" (in 128 reviews)

• "It is very interesting work and has a very flexible schedule" (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "You will never be able to finish the amount of work that they require in a 40-hour work week" (in 15 reviews)

• "Absolutely no work/life balance you’re even called to work on your days off" (in 14 reviews)

"Good once you get the hang of it"

Current Employee - Investigator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Investigator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very interesting work and has a very flexible schedule

Cons

The learning curve for writing reports is tough, but they help you through it

Advice to Management

Additional in the field training

2. "Investigator"

Former Employee - Investigator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Investigator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working from home was a plus

Cons

Morale was an issue and not a lot of time for office functions

"Great for Military Spouses"

Former Employee - Background Investigator in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Background Investigator in San Diego, CA

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training program is really good. The hardest part about this job is getting the reports down so that you don't get them sent back to fix. But the schedule can be very flexible so that you can fulfill parental duties while working.

Cons

The reports are really detail-oriented and can be very tedious. When a new batch of reviewers are hired you'll get a bunch of reports sent back because they are nit picking everything!

Advice to Management

Add more report writing to training

"Field Investigator"

Pros

Working from home and flexible hours. Working with professionals, as opposed to criminals.

Cons

ALL of the negative reviews that you read here are spot on. I have been employed here for less than six months. I have had a career in Law Enforcement; patrol, parole, probation and corrections. I have never had a job that put so many demands upon you. The caseloads and timelines are ridiculous. The review team kicks back nearly every report that is submitted. I’m just counting down my year do that I don’t have to repay the $7,500. I have a great Field Manager, but that’s about it. Oh, and if you can’t work a day without your equipment, due to NO fault of your own, you don’t get paid. Run. Run away....unless you like to donate your personal time to achieve unreasonable goals. My fellow CO-workers seem to be in agreement.

Advice to Management

Actually train your employees instead of badgering them and treating them poorly. Provide reasonable time frames to get the work done. Reviewers, don’t get me started.

"Good Luck"

Pros

You get to work independently and the hours are flexible.

Cons

If you want to consistently feel like a failure then this job is for you.

Advice to Management

Train reviewers not to refile investigators based on personal preferences on how they want the report to be written as opposed to the required issue resolution.

"Background investigator"

Former Employee - Background Investigator in Montgomery Village, MD
    Former Employee - Background Investigator in Montgomery Village, MD

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got a free trip to Colorado

Cons

this job was Terrible The worst part is you can't quit because you have to pay them back for your supposed to training which is almost none

Advice to Management

Better training and more communication

"Background Investigator"

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Create Own schedule, understanding manager, generous bonus.

Cons

I’ve been employed by KGS for six years and a level 5 invesgator. I’m writing this directly to KGS- the amount of new reviewers, the exorbitant amount refiles, and the ridiculous amount of unescerary information being sought by reviewers is beginning to make this job unbearable. A level 6 coworker of mine (5 year KGS employee), who was a great FI just left the industry with the reviewer situation being one of the main reasons. I’m now looking for other employment. I now spend so much time dealing with refiles and emailing with reviewers, that my production is being negatively affected along with my general happiness with this job. I would estimate that 80% of the clearifcations being sought by new reviewers (why does it seem like they are all new?) have no impact on the case, and is information that nbib could care less about and would never kick back to KGS.

Advice to Management

Do something! The reviewers are not reviewing cases using common sense! There is an over reliance on the king form. How did we all survive for years without the magical king form!

"Don’t work here to make a career out of it."

Former Employee - Investigator in Saint Louis, OK
    Former Employee - Investigator in Saint Louis, OK

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Folks, I read the Glassdoor reviews before I took the job as an investigator. I was so sketched out by the bad reviews that I went out of my way to find a random Keypoint Investigator on LinkedIn just so I could get an ‘unbiased’ opinion. Although he didn’t necessarily recommend the company, he didn’t say enough to keep me from taking the job. I accepted the offer not because I anticipated building a career with this (joke of a) company, but because I wanted the job experience. It looks great on a resume but rest assured this job is soul crushing. You WILL be overworked and you WILL be underpaid. Me being who I am, I almost laughed at these reviews because I thought that ‘they probably just didn’t know how to manage their time or complained because they had to work a little’. Well the joke was on me. I had a great relationship. We were in the first year of buying our first house together. The stress, pressure and nonexistent work-life balance working for Keypoint ultimately ruined a life that I adored more than anything. I just want anybody who is considering a job with Keypoint to know that their incredible turnover rate isn’t because of the people they hire, it’s this company. Hey, believe me I get it. They throw a fancy job title at you and make you feel special enough to carry a badge, but a month in to the job those things are completely irrelevant. After training you’ll be handed a ‘comfortable’ amount of casework. The way that it works, once you transmit one item, you’re automatically assigned another item. Sounds manageable right? You’d think so. You will constantly get your reports sent back to you after spending hours working on them. I’m talking about the pettiest, most irrelevant things. You’re expected to go back out into the field to get more information for these cringeworthy corrections that are so stupidly pointless. Those reopens are ‘top priority’ but you’re still expected to get that other casework in on time. What I’m trying to say is that their expectations are quite literally not impossible to meet. They hound you knowing very well that you can’t get all the work done but they just want to squeeze as much work as they can out of you because it puts more money in their pockets. Lol I’ve given you a pretty honest and open review of my experience. Although this job completely destroyed my personal life, I just got a job for one of Glassdoor’s best companies to work for in 2018! Quite literally the opposite of Keypoint. This is exactly why a took a job with Keypoint though. The poor pay and hard work will pay off if you take the job knowing you just want the year’s experience to boost your future career with another company.

Cons

I quit just short of a month of meeting my one year. They’ve been harassing me about paying them back 1200 dollars when let’s be real, I slaved for these people for pennies while they sat back and stuffed money in their pockets. I made this company so much money while I lived paycheck to paycheck barely making ends meet and they think I owe them over 1,000 dollars lol. Keypoint, y’all silly. Just be aware that this company does not care about you. They make you sign a one year agreement because they KNOW how awful this job is. It keeps their turnover rate slightly lower because employees fear having to pay back thousands of dollars when you can barely make it by on the hourly wage they pay you. FYI I will NOT pay this company 1200 dollars. I’ll gladly take that hit on my credit report before I hand them a single dollar. Oh, please also be aware that they’ll send you the occasional company-wide email saying that you’ll be fired if you don’t clock all time worked, but it’s kind of an unsaid thing between everyone that you have to work overtime without clocking it so you’re not treated like the ugly stepchild.

Advice to Management

Honestly, there’s no hope for this company. I see the direction it’s heading and I can’t imagine it being around much longer.

"Reviewer"

Current Employee - Reviewer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Reviewer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, work from home and encourage overtime.

Cons

Inconsistency with IHT advice which is supposed to be according to IHB, NBIB, and additional guides. Poor managers that are condescending. Their focus is integrity yet not seen in managers. Most came from prior company that dissolved due to integrity issues. They train hard and fast not giving time needed to absorb. Huge turn over.

Advice to Management

Hire all new managers. Give more time for training. Pay increases to FI’s and Reviews as they are the foundation.

10. "Background Investigator II"

Current Employee - Background Investigator in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great manager,

Cons

could pay employees a little better.

Advice to Management

This company has been great to me. I have had great managers.