KeyPoint Government Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1.8
Eric A. Hess

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The company does not care about the employee's personal life and they load up investigator's with an unrealistic amount of work (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management is more concerned with numbers and more impersonal (in 22 reviews)

"Keep Working"

Former Employee - Investigator

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money is always on time, you can plan your own schedule.

Cons

So, this is not the type of job where you can hold work off until later. You must constantly work to keep up your metrics. The trick is not to allow this job to consume your life, which it will sooner or later. To management you are a punching bag and your personal life really doesn't matter, nothing says I dont care like receiving phone calls from your field manager about your time sheet while you're at your grandmas funeral on bereavement leave. Don't get it twisted this job will stress you out, your loved ones will try to give you advice but they have no idea. Oh, and even though they offered you $21 an hour its more live $17.19 because they take money for an 'SCA rate????!!!' which you never get back. So you will stress out, become a hermit, have you life revolve around keypoint, have upper management bully you if you can't make metrics and have them bully you again if they drop due to holidays or IT issues etc. All for the amount of $17.19.

Advice to Management

I have no words.

2. "Field Investigator"

Current Employee - Field Investigator in Hartsville, SC
    Current Employee - Field Investigator in Hartsville, SC

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fare, professional, forward thinking and excellent employer

Cons

None that i can mention

"It's a job"

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get paid every other Friday and receive a favorably adjudicated BI

Cons

Most employees do not have an active clearance and the work load is unrealistic the majority of the time.

Advice to Management

Stop repeating USIS's mistakes.

"High stress, low pay"

Current Employee - Special Investigator in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Special Investigator in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-flexible/remote schedule
    -pays for your clearance
    -supplies everything you need
    -Field Mangers 90% are supportive
    -will move ACD easily
    -can relocate to another state easily
    -region team is helpful
    -bonuses can be nice
    -plenty of positions within the company you can apply to

Cons

-overtime is almost mandatory to move up
    -unrealistic expectations, compromising quality work over quantity
    -meeting source units is a one track mind, no account is taken when cases take longer then 2-4 hours and other circumstances arise
    -no extra pay for languages
    -bonuses are unrealistic for new investigators for the first year or more
    -moving up levels is unrealistic and causes you to have no life
    -life becomes Keypoint and high stress
    -no additional pay from those who have a masters, bachelors or high school diploma
    -too many hires of low quality investigators

Advice to Management

-pay level 1 investigators more especially with a degree
    -focus more on organization skills and templates
    -pay more for translating
    -stop using a third party hire system and use keypoint employees
    -lessen SU goals to be more realistic
    -focus on leveling up investigators based off quality not quantity
    -train a lot better in-house and NIT
    -cut out the poor quality investigators by having a better interview process

"Not good"

Current Employee - Background Investigator in Springfield, OH
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in Springfield, OH

Pros

Can have fridays off, if play the game right.

Cons

If you are someone who like completion of work, this job isn’t for you. If you like to leave work at work, this isn’t for you.

Reviewers have different policies from one to another. They are never on the same page and each reviewer will say something different.

The FMs will continue to pile work on you and the items are due within two weeks and they won’t push them back far enough for you. Especially if you have to travel in different areas. For example, my coverage has been from Lewisburg, Ohio to Celina, Ohio, russells point, Ohio. I can drive anywhere in a day of 250miles plus.

The training you receive is force feed and really don’t train you on how to write or what questions to ask the person. All they acknowledge is that main reason you get reopened due to lack of issue resolution.

I can’t stress enough on how much the reviewers will reopen for small things, even if it isn’t in the policy, if they follow it!!!

You can spend 8 hours in the field asking the same questions and still have to go home and type for another 3 to 5 hours; they force overtime even if you do your best to do 40 hours.

Honestly, find another job. They force you to stay with them for a year because of “clearance”. They don’t set up for success; they set you up for failure in that year. They say it gets easier by the end of the year because you are becoming more comfortable with the writing and asking the correct questions. I refuse to move up.

Advice to Management

Really train on the writing and the questions to ask; not all the other Miscellaneous items. We are in training for two weeks and taught the other crap!

"Investigator"

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time

Pros

Schedule flexibility and autonomy in your day to day activity.

Cons

Heavy work load that can make it difficult to maintain a work/home life balance.

"I should have listened. I hope you do."

Current Employee - Investigator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Investigator in Washington, DC

Pros

Meeting new and exciting people in important positions. Pay is always on time if you submit it on time.

Cons

I was so excited to start this job. I did my research and read reviews before going in and I thought "these people are just complaining because they can't keep up or are lazy." NO. Every negative complaint is spot on. Management will dog you to the point that your sense of self worth is less than the change in your pocket, and I don't carry cash. You set your schedule for the week and everything seems great until you realize you spend a quarter of your day in the car and the rest conducting interviews or doing field work. Then you get home and there is no time left to type. So you call your manager to ask for overtime who proceeds to tell you that you have to produce more work than you've already done or you don't get overtime, but you haven't met your units for the week because you haven't typed anything yet! So your numbers go down, which makes your managers numbers go down, which means you get dogged again. Repeat this process until you've eliminated every ounce of social life you hoped to have and work for free (which will get you fired) or get fired for not having met your numbers. Oh, and if you quit because the job isn't a good fit, you owe them 7K for the "training" they put you through unless you stay miserable for a year. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Let's say you actually do get everything typed and transmitted, good for You! You'll be reworking those cases again when a reviewer decides they didn't like the comma you put in the second paragraph and reopen your case. The pay is decent, unless you live in a metropolitan area, then you have more work than one else, the same amount of time to do it, and half your pay goes to rent. Listen, this company is a sinking ship. They are always hiring because they lose people at a higher rate than they can keep them. Nothing they teach you in training will be applied in the field. Nothing you do is good enough. And you can never get ahead. Please, take my advice. Go work for CACI or CSRA or McDonald's. This place will ruin your hopes of a career in this field.

Advice to Management

Your employees are human. Treat them like one. But who am I kidding, you've never considered a word that came out of my mouth.

"Not worth the stress for the pennies they pay"

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time

Pros

If you're fresh out of college this is a great way to get your foot in the door for obtaining your security clearance. They will provide you a cell phone or pay or cell phone bill, cable bill if you need a fax line, gas mileage, get to meet tons of people and figure out what career you might want to take

Cons

The training is worst thing ever. Being a background investigator there is ton of information to learn, and you don't learn this in training. In the field they expect from day one to be an expert investigator, but that goal is unrealistic when you didn't receive proper training. Also since everyone works in different locations, no one is ever on the same page which causes a lot of your case work to be reopen because what you learned in training is different from what another person learned. It's too much work for little pay. There is no sense of direction and your work just builds up, kind of like a snowball, but upper management expects everything to be done within a day or two. If you are already working and well in your career please stay away. I only recommend for people who just graduated college. Use it as a stepping stone, don't get sucked in and move on.

Advice to Management

GET ON THE SAME PAGE! SUPPORT YOUR EMPLOYEES!

"Do Not Recommend - Spare Your Sanity"

Former Employee - Investigator

I worked at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and job security

Cons

This job is truly demoralizing and I feel like I just escaped an abusive relationship. You are on the go nonstop and if you pause for breath you immediately fall behind. Not only that, but you are crippled by continuous software issues and unrealistic expectations. During my time at the company, I noticed a gradual reduction in benefits, from time off to office supply restrictions to decreased travel allowances. Only in the past year did they finally approve an annual merit increase, but it was too little, too late for me. It gets worse as you level up (which you can definitely do if you work hard) because even experienced investigators can only work so fast without sacrificing integrity, especially with the insane yet amorphous level of detail specified by NBIB. I disagree with some previous ratings, because it is possible to bonus every quarter if you are conscientious and efficient. However, your personal life will suffer. Start as a contractor if you can, as you will have more control over your caseload. Better yet, don't start at all.

Advice to Management

Your meager PR attempts at "appreciating" employees only feel like an insult

"Lousy company"

I have been working at KeyPoint Government Solutions full-time

Pros

Make your own schedule, somewhat

Cons

Over worked, company does not care about employees

Advice to Management

Value your employees, and you'll keep more of them.