KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

KeyPoint Government Solutions Reviews

Updated Feb 16, 2022

Found 343 of over 402 reviews

2.0
KeyPoint Government Solutions CEO Eric A. Hess (no image)
Eric A. Hess

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of KeyPoint Government Solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Special investigator

Mar 7, 2018 - Special Investigator in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule, decent pay for those who don’t have experience. The field managers care about you and how you’re doing.

Cons

None so far, it’s been all positive

7 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

KeyPoint

Feb 16, 2022 - Back Ground Investigation
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Work from home -Not micro managed -Gas reimbursement

Cons

-Time constraints to get work done -Expectations were difficult to meet (Weekly/Monthly numbers) -Too much work given at a time

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Keypoint

Jan 19, 2022 - Investigator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and culture and the pay is good

Cons

none what so ever, cutting edge

4. 5.0

Amazing place to work!

May 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Automated assignments are great. Dynamic, ever changing policies keep me mentally sharp and safe from hitting higher tax brackets. I can't say enough good things about KGS. They want me to succeed and constantly look out for me by heavily over assigning work forcing me to become a better investigator. Sure, I haven't been good enough yet to meet stats or bonus but they keep pushing me to succeed and I appreciate it. I know I'll get there one day. Some BIs get frustrated, but not me. The reviewers help me out by enforcing the daily shifting standards and I've made a game out of trying to get the same answer from different reviewers every week. It helps relieve stress. That's another reason I love KGS. Keeping up morale in unexpected ways! I also commend KGS for swimming against the tide and trying to make automated assignments work. Sure it's been tried everywhere else and it is failing just as badly here as in other companies but at least they're trying! I like that "SMART" sends me in all directions, wild distances, ignores case integrity and gives me transmissions due every day of the week. It keeps the job interesting. Sure it kills my stats and jeopardizes quality and integrity but big KUDOS to the company for trying. I hear investigators, field managers, workload managers and all the regional managers hate the program, so Way To Go, CEO for making this needed change happen. We were flailing around out here before with tightly zoned areas and balanced case loads. It is inspiring to us to see the CEO go against the wishes of 99% of the company and be willing to degrade efficiency in the field in order to force this needed change! The main reason I stay with KGS is because they make me feel so valued. I know the USIS people were brought in at higher salaries than those of us who've been loyal to the company for many years, but so what? With the stellar way the ran that company, who can blame KGS for wanting to hire them to run this one and paying them more than their KGS peers? It just makes sense. Those long time KGS employees who were passed over in favor of the new people should be thankful they're in such experienced and capable hands. You can already see the USIS's atmosphere of trust, integrity, loyalty, honesty and transparency flourishing now at KGS!

Cons

I can't seem to get to 200% of my "minimum" case load. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Many of my coworkers are well over 200% but I can't seem to get past 180% week over week. I've asked my FM for help but they insist I'm actually only assigned to 100%. It gets frustrating. I had 2 days last month with no transmissions due. I'd really prefer to have them due Every. Single. Day.

98 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Keep Working

Jul 22, 2017 - Investigator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Money is always on time, you can plan your own schedule.

Cons

So, this is not the type of job where you can hold work off until later. You must constantly work to keep up your metrics. The trick is not to allow this job to consume your life, which it will sooner or later. To management you are a punching bag and your personal life really doesn't matter, nothing says I dont care like receiving phone calls from your field manager about your time sheet while you're at your grandmas funeral on bereavement leave. Don't get it twisted this job will stress you out, your loved ones will try to give you advice but they have no idea. Oh, and even though they offered you $21 an hour its more live $17.19 because they take money for an 'SCA rate????!!!' which you never get back. So you will stress out, become a hermit, have you life revolve around keypoint, have upper management bully you if you can't make metrics and have them bully you again if they drop due to holidays or IT issues etc. All for the amount of $17.19.

99 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0

business opportunity

Apr 9, 2021 - Katherinewill in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

looking for business intellectual for good investment

Cons

all about business opportunity for all

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

not if you want a family life

Apr 26, 2016 - Reviewer in Slippery Rock, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Earn more vacation and leave than at many other companies, but good luck getting any approved to actually take

Cons

Mandatory weekends. Constant emails about how many millions of dollars of work they expect to be released on a daily basis, but we see very little of that in our pay and benefits. They are sneaky about what you are actually paid. When you are told what your pay will be when you are hired, that is not your actual pay. Your pay rate is actually less and they make it up with your SCA, that other companies give you on top of your pay. Impossible to get vacation approved

52 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Keypoint

Feb 12, 2021 - Background Investigator in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home office. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Pressure to meet high production standards. Long hours.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0

Diminishing morale

Jan 30, 2016 - Contract Investigator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, flexibility, flexibility. Also, access. Access to interesting people, interesting places and bathrooms in federal buildings. I also enjoy the days when I get home in the afternoon, change into sweatpants and procrastinate on work while watching Netflix marathons with my spouse. So, again, flexibility.

Cons

Diminishing pay. In 2015, the contractors were motivated by several incentive programs that gave us the opportunity to make a living wage. Apparently, the results of paying the contract investigators a reasonable amount of money was not overly beneficial for the company, so we have been told that incentive programs are never going to happen again. This is a shame, because the current rates are really hard to survive on if you are in a higher cost of living area and/or have to pay for your own health insurance. And, despite not paying investigators in more expensive area more than investigators in less expensive areas, I have been reminded that i was hired specifically to cover a major metropolis. There is an overabundance of work in my area, and when I attempt to do TDY for an incentive in another area, I am told that I can not abandon my area. So, they really need me here, but I cannot afford to live here. Quite the dilemma.

28 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Once was a great company

Jul 20, 2016 - Special Investigator in Loveland, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, was helping with national security at one time, received a salary, made some friends but unfortunately they have left this company behind.

Cons

Micro management: manager who wants to know every day or every other day what cases you will close out that day. No cost of living increase..ever, benefits kept getting cut in order to save the company more money and which makes KGS look more profitable. To many management positions were filled from former USIS management who drove that company in the dirt. If you are not in the "click" of being a yes person your are an outsider and treated as such. You are only a number and thus can be replaced. There is no personal involvement between most managers and investigators, you are only a number. Contractors can pick and choose what cases they want to work while full timers get everything no matter what. No place to move up so people are moving out. There is no more national security, it is close cases as fast you can the company needs to make is revenue goal for the month. Training program has been cut to get new hires to the field faster. The training of new hires is lacking which is causing more failures in the field and then people get fired.

31 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 343 Reviews

KeyPoint Government Solutions Reviews FAQs

KeyPoint Government Solutions has an overall rating of 2.0 out of 5, based on over 402 reviews left anonymously by employees. 24% of employees would recommend working at KeyPoint Government Solutions to a friend and 17% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, KeyPoint Government Solutions employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at KeyPoint Government Solutions. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

24% of KeyPoint Government Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated KeyPoint Government Solutions 2.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 1.9 for culture and values and 2.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at KeyPoint Government Solutions to be benefits, work life balance and the cons to be culture, career development, management.