Kiddie Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kiddie Academy

2.1

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Holly Springs, NC).

Interview

I brought a folder with my resume, social security card, my letter of approval to work with chidlren and my license. I filled out a paper that had questions regarding childcare. The director then came in and reviewed my answers. She asked me when could I start, and I replied "today". I came back later that day and closed down the 2 year old class.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a bitter in your classroom?   1 Answer

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Longwood, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was about a week I believe. I went around to locations near me to apply on Friday and the next week I got a call for an interview. I went in and right off the bat they put me into a classroom to see if I would like to work in that room, I told them yes. I was there for about an hour to two hours. After that they gave me another call saying they would like to offer me a position. I took the job and its been the best job I've ever had. If you're looking to apply they might start you out as a "floater," which means going to different classrooms every hour giving teachers there lunch break, and then from there you could be put into a classroom. Facility is only open from 6:30am-6:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with children before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Crystal Lake, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Filled out an application online from the center's website. Didn't hear anything from them until over a month later (center wasn't even open yet, though). Had interview within a week. Was pretty normal interview; asked about experience, how I deal with children misbehaving, what makes for a positive classroom atmosphere, etc. Got a call with job offer within a week and a half after the interview. Delays in construction and DCFS requirements caused the job to start two months later.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember there being any difficult or unexpected questions...it was a pretty standard interview that went well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly pay was non-negotiable. It was "take it or leave it".

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy.

Interview

I applied to a brand new facility not yet opened, so I had to go to another location to interview.
    I drove 40 minutes to get there, arrived 10 minutes early, waited for 25 minutes, only to have the interview last 5 minutes!!
    They didn't ask me anything about myself as a teacher. She asked why I left my last job, what I'm looking for in my search, and how much I wanted to get paid. That's IT.
    I left the interview knowing I could never work there. I'd say this is a step below KinderCare.

Interview Questions

• NONE. She asked me ZERO questions about my teaching techniques or personality or anything about me.   Answer Question

Didn't get what I wanted

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Columbus, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Shadowing Experience in a classroom, implemented a lesson too. This experience was helpful in getting to know the Reynoldsburg teachers. I was able to take a look at the lesson plan and get a good idea about the expectations related to teachers.

Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Mason, OH).

Interview

I was asked questions about how I would handle situations, my beliefs on how children learn best, it was pretty laid back and I knew I would be offered the position when she took me on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child that is not interested in the activity you have the rest of the class doing?   Answer Question
    • Do you believe children learn through play?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Pflugerville, TX).

Interview

I had to bring in my driver licenses, social security card, and college degree to the interview. My interview lasted about an hour (I had a bunch of questions). Director was knowledgeable and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Roseville, CA).

Interview

they just ask for your transcripts and ask about your experience. Director talked bad about last director talking about her mistakes in hiring people. She said she was new to directing. She gave me a tour of the school.

Interview Questions

• have you ever been terminated?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiddie Academy (Fontana, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online responding to an ad on indeed . I got a email shortly after responded then a call with few questions . After that same call we set up a enterview I showed up and fill in a application and talked a bit about my experience and I got the job offer on the spot. Got sent home with paper work two days later I was back with all paperwork . I start this week . 😀

Teacher Interview

Interview

Interview process is your typical. Asks you general and tedious questions. Scenario based questions of what you would do. Not very hard questions just want to know how you handle pressure.