King & Spalding Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at King & Spalding

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

My process began reaching out to attorneys in my desired practice group. That let to two individual phone interviews with partners in the practice group (each about 20-30 min).

A few weeks later, I was received an offer for a callback interview at the Atlanta office. I met with ten attorneys throughout the day, beginning at 9:30 and ending around 2:30pm. I had a mix of video conferences with attorneys in the New York office as well as personally meeting attorneys in the Atlanta office. Each meeting was 30 min, but the in-person meeting always had both a Partner and an Associate.

The interview schedule included a lunch (again with a partner and an associate) at a nearby
    restaurant within walking distance.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Washington, DC).

Interview

First step, emailed my resume.
    Second, Phone interview.
    Third, In-person Interview
    Not sure about the next steps, I never heard anything back from management regarding this role and their hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy and predictable " Why do you want to leave your job" " Tell me about your experience"   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Tough but fair. Good thoughtful questions. Focused on skills and cultural fit. Everyone I met was very professional. I met with people at all levels and everyone was great. All were very knowledgeable in their areas of expertise. Seems like a sophisticated IT organization. Almost all of the people I met had good tenure and seemed genuinely happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• One person I talked to was asked very technical questions.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King & Spalding.

Interview

Did on campus interview followed by call-back on site. They paid for my travel and hotel, and called me to follow up. Logistics were easy and well-organized. Was impressed with their process.

Interview Questions

• Whether I wanted to stay in private practice or go into government in the future.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Did an on campus interview. They asked me questions about my resume mostly and about myself- like what I like to do in my free time. He also asked why his firm. Interview probably took 20 minutes. There were no legal type questions. The interviewer was very nice, but I could tell I was not going to get a call back from his demeanor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied in December and I received an interview in March. I met with 4 Partners and 2 Associates. Each interview was about 30 minutes. Everyone was really nice! I would recommend this firm!

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Technical Skills review, in person interview with both hiring managers and a recruiting firm. Working as well with the coordinator in the office, they were looking for real experience, mostly in the technical setup of the new office. Friendly staff, awesome firm and a beautiful office! I suggest interviewing with the firm, but be prepared to apply your knowledge to the law field in particular, if possible for you.

Interview Questions

• What are your technical skills?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at King & Spalding in September 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively efficient. Went onsite once. The questions were typical interview questions, technical questions were normal as well. Got offer in a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to ask for a little more.

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Resume screening followed by in person interview. Will receive a phone call from HR detailing the position and setting up the interview. After the interview you will hear back from HR via phone if an offer is being extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself? Do you know anyone who works here? Tell me what you know about eDiscovery?   Answer Question

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Two in-person interviews; one with 2 associates, the other with mostly partners. Everyone was pretty much nice, except for one partner who seemed unncessarily suspicious. I think I did a good job of creating rapport with the interviewing attorneys, looked presentable, liked the people, but still did not get the offer for some reason.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do litigation after you've been doing transactional/contracts work? Do you think you'd be able to comfortably present yourself/client in a courtroom?   1 Answer