King & Spalding Interview Questions | Glassdoor

King & Spalding Interview Questions

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

King & Spalding’s "K&S" recruiting process is nothing short of incredible. My cohort class represent both domestic and international new hires, and their collective feedback is very positive. K&S’ attention to detail and their focus on sourcing the best candidates/new hires stands out. The professionalism of the recruiting staff also makes a big difference.

Sourcing questions were focused on cultural fit as well as confirming my professional skills, but what caught my attention were the stories of firm community outreach and diversity / inclusion. K&S believes that tolerance, performance and service excellence is foundational to its success. The firm is laser focused on exceeding their Client needs and expectations. The way K&S achieves excellence is through great people who make up their cultural foundation, and K&S’ recruiting team really gets it.

The recruiting, onboarding and cultural integration process impressed me not only because K&S cared about my values, but how they were aligned to firm values & objectives. My short and long-term needs were objectively considered and fully met. Yes, the typical negotiations occurred regarding compensation and benefits (which are amazing!), but we continued discussing team dynamics, work-life balance and how to raise the bar at the firm for continued domestic and global expansion.

I’ve been with the firm for 9 months, and I’m so happy I took the opportunity to help lead this firm into new and exciting ventures. What a great group of professionals and a perfect cultural fit for me!

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal working environment look like form a work life balance perspective?   1 Answer

Legal Secretary/Secretarial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Houston, TX).

Interview

Professional. Interviewed by HR first then met with Partner and his Associate. Briefed on type of litigation partner practiced, expectations and desires. Light hearted. Personally. Realistic expectations. I appreciated that the firm knew I was interviewing them just as they were me.

Interview Questions

• HR asked if I would hesitate to run personal errands for an assigned Partner.   1 Answer

Legal Practice Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview introduced me to the position. We went over what the job entails and how my skills aligned with the position. In person interview was more to determine if I was a good fit personality wise. The final interview as with the attorneys that I would be supporting. This is the time to ask questions and determine what will be asked of you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on the resume?   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King & Spalding.

Interview

Internally referred, had a telephone interview and 2 follow up interviews. It took approximately 3 weeks from the telephone interview to the offer, with an interview each week. Met with 6 different people over the course of 2 sessions. Some interviews were more question oriented, some were more informational. Mostly worked with the HR coordinator from start to finish, but worked with the HR manager during the offer process.

Interview Questions

• If your former supervisor could describe you in 1 sentence, what would they say?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied in December and I received an interview in March. I met with 4 Partners and 2 Associates. Each interview was about 30 minutes. Everyone was really nice! I would recommend this firm!

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King & Spalding (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Tough but fair. Good thoughtful questions. Focused on skills and cultural fit. Everyone I met was very professional. I met with people at all levels and everyone was great. All were very knowledgeable in their areas of expertise. Seems like a sophisticated IT organization. Almost all of the people I met had good tenure and seemed genuinely happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• One person I talked to was asked very technical questions.   Answer Question

Foreign Attorney Interview

Interview

two rounds of interview with partners and associate of the practice; had to submit written paper; lunch with partner and/or associates; questions during interview related to prior work experience and discussion of cases I was involved

Project Attorney Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was a five minute meeting. I met with two Staff Attorneys and we briefly went over my resume. I was told about the job and expectations. I got a phone call two weeks later asking me to start the following week.

Negotiation

None.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at King & Spalding.

Interview

Contacted a friend who was already working here and sent in my resume. I was contacted by the HR hiring manager within a few days. I went in and underwent three separate interviews. The first was conducted by the hiring manager, the second, by the head paralegal manager, and the third, by the paralegal who was to be my future immediate supervisor. All three interviews went smoothly. By the time I made it to the third one, I was mostly being explained my future job duties and introduced to my future teammates. A simple background check, no drug test, was conducted, and I was emailed a formal job offer within a week. Tip: Respond to emails ASAP as this is something that is very highly stressed in this company.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked how much I expected the salary to be. I asked for a few thousand more than normally is paid for this position and was met halfway.

Project Assistant Interview

Interview

After applying online I heard back two weeks later to come in for an interview. The interview lasted a couple hours. I was interviewed by 7 people who came in one after the other. They asked me to describe myself and relevant experience. It was very relaxed and I felt comfortable asking lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why am I not working for the CIA   1 Answer