Kirkland & Ellis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

3.1

Conference Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and personable. Felt very warm, even though they are such a big company. It started with a phone interview, then a typing test, then it moved on to personal interviews with pretty much everyone I would come in contact with. It was professional, it was fun, and it was worth it!

Interview Questions

• As opposed to the normal 5 years, where do you see yourself in a year or so?   1 Answer

Junior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews over phone, Skype, and in person. Testing in proofreading and excel skills. Interviewed with multiple recruiters as well as senior paralegals and legal assistants. Each interviewer took plenty of time to explain the role of the position, what the work flow was like, what the average day/week was like, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with long hours, unexpected overtime, and travel?   Answer Question

Legal Seretry Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis.

Interview

It was years ago, so it's different now. There is a lot of testing of computer skills. I believe there are also layers of verbal interviews today with various attorneys with whom the applicant will be working.

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edwardsville, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Edwardsville, IL).

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and the process went well at first. However, one of the interviewers asked me about my spirit animal. I laughed because I thought she couldnt possibly be serious but she was serious! I'm not a 20 year old who spends hours taking random facebook quizzes about things like spirit animals. It was definitely an unexpected question that made me question the firm's level of professionalism. Red flag for me (aka run!)

Assistant Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone conversation about my resume then 4 days later was asked to fly to Chicago for an in-person interview. When there I took an hour-long proofreading test, then met with the recruiter for about 30 minutes and then the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. I was told I would be a great fit for a specific team and that team would be following up in the next few weeks and then received a rejection about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult type of person you have had to work with?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Chicago, IL).

Interview

4 rounds of interviews, I spoke with some team members twice. It seemed to be going well but I learned at the end of the process they gave the role to an internal candidate. What a complete disregard for my time, I took days off work to go through additional interviews. I have a feeling they had this internal candidate the whole time but they needed to have on paper they interviewed others. I would never want to work for a company like this under any circumstance. I think I dodged a bullet!

Conflicts Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by phone a couple of weeks after applying, did a 20 minute phone screen, and then came in a week later for the in-person interview. I first had to do a proofreading test; I would guess that if you have strong enough skills to be called in for an interview, you will be able to pass the test. I had to wait a little bit to meet with the HR Rep, then a couple of team members and the manager (met with each separately, never multiple people at once). It felt a lot more like they were telling me about the position rather than interviewing me. I received an automated rejection email about a week later.. and then another one for some reason a week after that.

Interview Questions

• What pay range are you expecting? What pay did you receive in prior positions?   Answer Question

Junior Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was extremely standard. Applied online and was contacted by someone in the HR department. Had brief phone call about background -- asked if I was okay to work a lot of overtime. Discussed current work and salary expectations. Had brief follow up, and no interview beyond the phone call.

Practice Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (New York, NY).

Interview

A lot of interviews: phone, in person with HR and department interview. HR interview was extensive with testing of proof reading and typing. Department interview was quick. I felt like when I went in for the department interview, they already had their mind made up. She barely asked any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer? How would a friend describe you?   Answer Question

Practice Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was Fair and simple. Grammar test included. Some people said its hard some said differently. However the test is very basic and one person should be able to do fine on it