Kirkland & Ellis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kirkland & Ellis

1. Featured Interview

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was direct and efficient. I was coming during lunch or on work days and I felt properly accommodated. I feel as if the title description and role responsibilities were detailed and concise. By the end of the 2 hour process I felt confident that I knew exactly how to move forward. It's almost as if you sit down and explain how you would be a good fit for the company vs. having the company sell themselves to you, which is refreshing. In my experience (this is the third major firm I have interviewed with in NYC), it seems almost as if the company tries to sell themselves as a potential place of employment. It almost seems like a sales pitch. I did not experience that here, I felt that the interviewer truly wanted to ascertain my skills and detail exactly how I would fit into the team here.

Interview Questions

• The questions were direct but they did leave room to elaborate.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Boston, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

A week after the screening interview with one apartment in my city's office, K&E flew me to Boston for callbacks. The interview consisted of four, twenty-minute interviews (two associates, two partners). Everyone--especially the recruiter who walked me around the office--was very friendly and I left knowing I would have had a good experience with the people there had I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• One of the partners asked me to tell him the story of my life.   Answer Question

Guest Ser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Washington, DC) in December 2019.

Interview

The job listing was posted through a recruiting company on LinkedIn. The first rounds with recruiting was a phone screening. The second round included an in-person technical assessment with an one-on-one interview. The final round included multiple one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

In-person, 1:1 interviews at work location in a conference room setting with HR Coordinator, Direct Supervisor and Sr. Project Manager (Peer). Plus phone interview with Director based in New York.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had a project with a difficult stakeholder?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

First round was an in-person lunch. Second round was a video conference followed shortly thereafter by an in-person final round with approximately five to six people including a lunch.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (New York, NY).

Interview

In-office interview a couple of days after phone interview. Met with three people from the department. Administrative/proofreading test was required before interview. Overall a pretty standard interview process, but a little stiff/intimidating if you're not used to such a large company.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

The entire process was quick and well organized. The HR and recruiting team are all excellent and made it easy for me to come on board. The training is very comprehensive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you successfully resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Practice Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Chicago, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was super smooth. It was the easiest interview process I've ever had. The recruiters kept in touch and kept me up to date with every step along the way. Everyone was super helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked my technical skills.   1 Answer

Junior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Washington, DC) in July 2019.

Interview

The process was a bit unique and quicker for me as I ended up interviewing towards the end of this particular recruiting cycle. I came down to DC and interviewed for a few hours and spoke with a few senior paralegals. It was mostly behavioral as we discussed the role, my experiences, and my interests.

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

First, a phone interview with the nicest recruiter; then (a week later) an in-person meeting with her and an online test; the following week was an in-person interview with the director of the department who was extremely personable (a very good sign, BTW, because the tone is set at the top); immediately followed by a friendly but specific and more detailed meeting with both the manager and supervisor of the WP department.

Interview Questions

• Name something specifically from the Chicago Manual that you utilize often in your cold reads.   Answer Question