Kirkwood Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kirkwood Community College

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kirkwood Community College (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was simple and quick. The phone interview was short and sweet. The in person interview was about an hour long and it went really smooth. I was given an offer the next day.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone and in-person interview. In person interview was normal as was the telephone interview. Only part I did not expect was a writing assignment I was to complete while the others waited. Did not get much feedback on it or my interview. I would apply and interview here again, everyone was friendly and professional.

Peer Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirkwood Community College in June 2014.

Interview

I had received three emails about setting up an interview. I went into the tutoring center and was filling out an application and the coordinator came over to me and I was hired on the spot and had all my forms filled out within 30 minutes.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkwood Community College (Iowa City, IA) in July 2013.

Interview

very brief and straight to the point. I walked in to a conference room where I was greeted by the person who interviewed me. He was very welcoming and thanked me for coming to the interview and having the interested of working at the school..

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous job history.
      Why I should be hired?
      what makes me different than others?
      if I was hired what would I bring to the school as far as personal skills and experience.
      Answer Question

Instructor English Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkwood Community College (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2012.

Interview

The country has far more people with English MAs and PhDs than it does fulltime teaching position, so the competition is intense. I applied three years running for FT while teaching PT. Three step process begins with being invited to submit a teaching portfolio--philosophy, lesson plans, video of me in classroom (OR you can do it live for committee members), published work (although KCC is really teaching-centered.)
        Second round is a phone interview, which was a little weird since I see most of the committee members 3 days per week. However, they were trying to create an even playing field for the external candidates. (One ESL insructor was did his face-to-face interview via Skype from a hotel room in Lima, since he was teaching in a little Peruvian town.) I never made it to the face-to-face myself.

Interview Questions

• KCC wants to know about your racial attitudes, because we have so many minority students (both ESL and recently inner-city African Americans from Chicago, St. Louis, etc.) I can't remember the wording, but the jist of it was--"how do we know you are working on your racial hangups?"   1 Answer

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkwood Community College (Cedar Rapids, IA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview panel