Kitchell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kitchell

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kitchell (Fresno, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Seemed like they wanted to get to know what kind of personality you have and if you'll fit in to the culture they are trying to create, which is highly motivated workers

Interview Questions

• What kind of construction role do you want to be in?   1 Answer

Interview

Very simple and Easy

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kitchell.

Interview

My first interview was with two of the PMs I would be supporting. One was very friendly and the other was a bit standoffish. My second interview was with the third PM and the Director of PM. The whole process did take a while, but that's normal anymore.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one. They were typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask a lot of questions about what each manager expects of you because they each need and expect different support.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kitchell.

Interview

Short and to the point. The hiring PM essentially was looking for a good fit. IT was overall a smooth process. They wanted to know primarily about my experience with K12, CCD UC and City work. They were also looking for a solid background in cost management and document controls.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with School Construction?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kitchell (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was thorough: included a telephone screening with the hiring manager followed by an invitation for in person interview. Prior to the in person interviews had to identify at least 4 references and have them fill out an on line questionnaire and had to complete an on line personality assessment. In addition had to complete background investigations. Interviews over a two day period with managers and also brought into a working meeting to interact with staff. After an offer was extended proceeded with drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Asked about technical background and prior experiences.   1 Answer

Part-time Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kitchell (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

After applying for the position through indeed.com, I had a telephone interview with the HR department which lasted about 15 minutes. I was then invited to the office for a formal interview with the supervisor of the position, which was a very pleasant chat. The position was outlined very well with an outline of the schedule of duties. A few days later I was invited again to speak not only the HR rep but also with the receptionist -- relieving the receptionist was one of the job duties. After this second in-person interview, I was informed that I would need to complete an on-line assessment, as well as complete a background check disclaimer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing was in fact the on-line assessment, which took nearly an hour to complete. The assessment included five sections:
      1) a 143-statement list which I had to answer "agree" or "disagree": "I enjoy hang-gliding"
      2) a long list of "would I rather": "Would you rather read a book or teach people how to shark-dive?"
      3) a multiple choice of mathematical problems that included advanced algebra, trigonometry, and calculus
      4) a multiple choice of vocabulary words, such as "denuded" and "banal"
      5) a number of analogies: RED:STOP::BLUE:??   1 Answer