Knight Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Knight Foundation Interview Questions

3.4

Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knight Foundation (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Started off with a phone call from HR, asking typical interview questions (why do you want to work at Knight? How can your skills transfer into your work here? etc). After the phone call was a Skype call with the Program Director and seemed to be more behavioral. Nothing crazy, and everyone was very nice/relaxed.

After all of this, I got an offer packet via email and one overnighted with drug test form and background check. There was also a section to include references, and yes they do call them so do not try anything sketchy!

Interview Questions

• How can your skills transfer over to the work here at Knight?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Knight Foundation (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Starts with recruiter phone screening, then phone screenings with potential supervisor(s), then in-office interviews with relevant supervisor(s) and team(s). Overall the process was pretty standard. The number of people with whom you must interview depends on the program area for which you are applying. You will also be asked to take a personality test online.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard. Strengths, weaknesses, where you see yourself in 10 years.   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knight Foundation (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phase moved quick, from the time I put in my resume until the interview was 48-hours. My interview only took 15 minutes and it was with a recruiter and I did not make it past the first round, probably because I was so caught off guard by the line of questioning that did not seem relevant to the position. No amount of preparing would have helped me with the questions I received. For me, it was also apparent that the recruiter, who was interviewing for a position focused on the arts and community engagement, had no art background or community engagement.

Events Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knight Foundation (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, video interview with the director and then an all day interview with 6 team members. It was a great experience, even though I did not get the job in the end.

Interview Questions

• My experience in managing events in the journalism and media arena.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

First got contacted to do an interview over the phone with a recruiter. The recruiter asked standard questions regarding interests, why I wanted to work for Knight Foundation, past experiences, school, etc. Then I had a skype interview with an HR person and the person I would be working under. This was also relatively no-stress, they described the project I would be working on, whether I was comfortable with what they were describing, relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions posed, the questions were all well within the range of what could be expected at an interview.   Answer Question

Operations Management Itern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knight Foundation (Miami, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Overall understanding of previous experiences and how your skill set can contribute to the foundation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A screening of past references and drug tests.

Media Innovation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Knight Foundation (Miami, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who told me she wanted me to think about the job and come up with some questions about the position and we would then schedule a follow up phone interview. I was already familiar with what they were doing do this wasnt too difficult. The recruiter and I had the second phone interview about a week later at which point she said the knight foundation vp would like to interview me but that. E suse he was traveling it would be at least a month before we could talk. She explained that they were keen to talk to me so if I had other opportunities they would escalate the interview date, so we did. From there the HR person at the knight foundation took over the logistics of setting up the interview. Things became difficult from there as she took at least two weeks to respond to my email and ended up setting a skype interview for the wrong time zone which meant the interview had to be rescheduled another 2-3 weeks later. Just the process of setti g up the technicalities of talking via Skype was cumbersome and not handled well. Eventually the interview happened with the VP and the HR person but they logged in and tried to start the call ten minutes early and I wasn't there yet. By the time I logged in they already seemed impatient and bored even though I was on time. In truth I was over prepared and white excited to talk with them about what they were worki g on and how I could contribute but all they did was tell me what the knight foundation is - more of the same stuff you can read on their website plus the recruiter had already screened me with the same questions snd info. They didn't have my resume with them and it seemed they hadn't reviewed it before our interview. In general it was just weird because they jst didn't seem interested to have a conversation and didn't really ask me anything pertinent. They also asked me talk about a project even though they didn't ask gor a portfolio and the Vp said the project and client seemed kind of boring! When I asked them why they were tsku g do Li g to hire someone since the position had been listed for over six months they said they weren't sure what they were looking for. Eventually they told me they wanted me to interview with the director in Chicago for the next stage. I contacted him within a few days and didn't hear anything for several weeks. He kept saying my emails were ending up in his spam.... We scheduled an interview, the knight foundation cancelled it a few weeks later because the director had to travel... They said they would contact me but didn't and then I saw they were interviewing a friend of mine. I reached out to them to let them know of my interest and eventually heard back from them weeks later and met the director for coffee. He was pleasant smart and Interseting but we didn't even talk about the job and I have ever heard from them again! So all in all they just seemed ready unorganized, unprofessional and I can't even tell if they really want to hire someone or just collect cool ideas from people!

Interview Questions

• So, what do you know about the knight foundation and how did you learn about us?   Answer Question

Arts Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knight Foundation (Miami, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

The Knight Foundation outsourced the initial resume review to an external recruiter. I was called on a Saturday afternoon and arranged a phone interview the following Monday. The phone interview lasted approximately 1 1/2 hours and consisted of intense behavioral and career questions. The recruiter asked the questions and took notes, repeating answers back to me in a monotone voice. The recruiter did not explain any details about the position, simply asking questions to screen out candidates. I found this unnerving and less than desirable for a mission-bound non-profit organization. I did not receive any follow up after the interview but the recruiter did explain the process: she sends list of recommended candidates to Knight Foundation (a large pool), KF selects some to phone interview, 2 or 3 invited for in-person interviews to include an application and narrative. Overall, this was a professional but seemingly heartless interview experience.