Knowles Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2018

3.1

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

I received an email from HR, which led participating in a phone interview. I was asked to meet for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by seven different people in a span of 3 hours.

One criticism I have is that there seems to be a significant disconnection between HR and the Engineering Department. It appeared that they had not seen my resume prior to the interview. Reading through my qualifications before extending an interview opportunity may have saved them some time.

In any case, it was a great experience. They were kind and respectful, and I learned a lot!

Senior MEMS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation.

Interview

Applied online after two week got an email for phone interview. The phone interview went smooth. General questions about the projects that I worked before. They were developing a software to check the DRC in MEMS. One question that were asked, Have you ever written a software to check the DRC? Haven't heard back since

Interview Questions

• Have you ever written a software to check the DRC? Can you code in C++ or python?   1 Answer

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was both 30 min late and did not have my resume in front of her when she called on our scheduled meeting time. She required that I resend it while hammering me with questions simultaneously. Very unprofessional and unnecessary impatience.

I interviewed with someone in HR who was so focused on telling me that I was not a fit for the job vs. actually asking my experience to see how I matched up. She did 99% of the talking and repeatedly asked why I was the unfortunate one let go from my company. This was a layoff where literally THOUSANDS of people in one day, and she acted like she never heard about it. Shocking considering it was all over the news for weeks. it was like some kind of witch hunt and she was looking for any reason to disqualify me. The professionalism was so bad, that I never want to ever be considered by this company for anything. And I will never buy anything from them.

Algorithm Interview

Application

I interviewed at Knowles Corporation in January 2016.

Interview

45 minutes, a lot of technical questions. The interviewer is nice. First he introduced himself
    then he discussed with me about the research project. You need to prepare the things you listed on resume, he might ask things that you never expected
    We had a great conservation,
    Great conservation.

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Came in for a day to interview for an algorithm engineer position. Started with a presentation, followed by individual interviews. The interview questions were mostly technical relating to estimation, which was fine, coupled with some feeling out of fit. You had to be on your toes but never felt like anybody was out to get me. Got to meet and interview the team I would be working with as well as managers of adjacent groups.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate whether a device is moving or not?   Answer Question

Electronic Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled to interview with 6 people, 1 at a time, including a couple of directors. People were all pleasant; some difficult questions from 1st director which I did not answer well (troubleshooting to component level; I answered from the perspective of a larger discrete system, not applicable to this environment).

The last interview (director) was not available and they said they would call me to reschedule, even though I offered to wait. Never called, and HR contact did not respond to email/voicemails. Extremely unprofessional in my opinion.

Several months later, I sent HR contact an email requesting an explanation. Reply was that they wished I would have responded sooner. I forwarded a copy of my original response email, including headers. No reply.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my approach in troubleshooting a device to the component level.   Answer Question

Analog Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got a mail first. then they called for phone interview . It was basic questions related to the project which i have done and some questions related to OPAMP. Questions was little bit difficult. I was not offered job.

Electrical Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this position in IL. Got a call in 3-4 weeks after submitting resume online. First round was telephonic by HR where they asked me about my masters study, prior work experience and how it relates to this position. Second round was technical with hiring manager and an engineer where they asked questions on amplifier design for audio applications.

Interview Questions

• HR: How do you think you are a fit for this position and how do you stand out among the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • Technical: How would you design an amplifier in CMOS for audio applications. How different would it be from a normal amplifier if it were to work for the 20-20kHz range?   Answer Question

Audio Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was an Telephone call taken by an Algorithm engineer totally based on resume and DSP concepts (Basic concepts). I got accepted for an onsite interview and got interviewed by 4 different persons, all of them were very humble and asked questions from resume and related to the position. I got accepted finally.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

First, it started out with a 30 minute phone screen. It wasn't too difficult since it was for an internship position. They asked about why you are choosing your major, why you want to work at Knowles and future plans. There were some behavior based questions.

Then I got called in for the second interview. Which was a face to face interview with each member of the department. This lasted two hours. I was given a tour of the facilities. I wasn't asked too many in depth questions, it was more conversation based. The kinds of questions I was asked was my specific skill set; mainly Microsoft Office.