Knowles Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Knowles Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2018

3.1

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation in February 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by marketing director, engineering manager and VP of engineering. I made a very good impression on engineering manager, but I did not make a strong case that my knowledge and experience was applicable to the job. I believe I did not as well as could have for lack of experience in interviewing for a job.

They all were very nice people. The only negative experience besides not getting the job was they were not on the same page regarding job responsibilities basically contradicting each other; On the one hand, a marketing guy said that this job was %80 of project management and support of marketing and only %20 of engineering. On the other hand, engineering manager told me that this was 90% technical job.
    Also getting more information about the product or what is involved was like pulling teeth. By the time I spoke to VP, I had a pretty good idea though.

Interview Questions

• If you have packaging for electro-mechanical component, how would you dimension and tolerance it?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

First, it started out with a 30 minute phone screen. It wasn't too difficult since it was for an internship position. They asked about why you are choosing your major, why you want to work at Knowles and future plans. There were some behavior based questions.

Then I got called in for the second interview. Which was a face to face interview with each member of the department. This lasted two hours. I was given a tour of the facilities. I wasn't asked too many in depth questions, it was more conversation based. The kinds of questions I was asked was my specific skill set; mainly Microsoft Office.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Short screening call with HR. Reviewing basic qualification and job details (where it is located / housing / length / ect / ect)
    Longer call with HR & Hiring Manager. The hiring manager really takes the reigns here.
    The call with the hiring manager really got into the technical details which was fun :)

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Came in for a day to interview for an algorithm engineer position. Started with a presentation, followed by individual interviews. The interview questions were mostly technical relating to estimation, which was fine, coupled with some feeling out of fit. You had to be on your toes but never felt like anybody was out to get me. Got to meet and interview the team I would be working with as well as managers of adjacent groups.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate whether a device is moving or not?   Answer Question

Analog Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I got a mail first. then they called for phone interview . It was basic questions related to the project which i have done and some questions related to OPAMP. Questions was little bit difficult. I was not offered job.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a standard interview process, though a little on the long side... two phone calls and two in-person interviews, though it was for a global position, so not completely unexpected. Standard questions of tell us about your experience, tell us what you're hoping to get out of this position, and then some details specific to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was both 30 min late and did not have my resume in front of her when she called on our scheduled meeting time. She required that I resend it while hammering me with questions simultaneously. Very unprofessional and unnecessary impatience.

I interviewed with someone in HR who was so focused on telling me that I was not a fit for the job vs. actually asking my experience to see how I matched up. She did 99% of the talking and repeatedly asked why I was the unfortunate one let go from my company. This was a layoff where literally THOUSANDS of people in one day, and she acted like she never heard about it. Shocking considering it was all over the news for weeks. it was like some kind of witch hunt and she was looking for any reason to disqualify me. The professionalism was so bad, that I never want to ever be considered by this company for anything. And I will never buy anything from them.

Electrical Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this position in IL. Got a call in 3-4 weeks after submitting resume online. First round was telephonic by HR where they asked me about my masters study, prior work experience and how it relates to this position. Second round was technical with hiring manager and an engineer where they asked questions on amplifier design for audio applications.

Interview Questions

• HR: How do you think you are a fit for this position and how do you stand out among the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • Technical: How would you design an amplifier in CMOS for audio applications. How different would it be from a normal amplifier if it were to work for the 20-20kHz range?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

I received an email from HR, which led participating in a phone interview. I was asked to meet for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by seven different people in a span of 3 hours.

One criticism I have is that there seems to be a significant disconnection between HR and the Engineering Department. It appeared that they had not seen my resume prior to the interview. Reading through my qualifications before extending an interview opportunity may have saved them some time.

In any case, it was a great experience. They were kind and respectful, and I learned a lot!

Senior MEMS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knowles Corporation.

Interview

Applied online after two week got an email for phone interview. The phone interview went smooth. General questions about the projects that I worked before. They were developing a software to check the DRC in MEMS. One question that were asked, Have you ever written a software to check the DRC? Haven't heard back since

Interview Questions

• Have you ever written a software to check the DRC? Can you code in C++ or python?   1 Answer