Kohn Pedersen Fox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2018

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohn Pedersen Fox (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Brief; didn't have a phone interview or face to face. was just sent an email telling me i was selected and was hired as an intern. It was the beginning of summer so i suspect that a lot of people are hired around these times

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohn Pedersen Fox (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic. Review of resume and ask for details. Review of portfolio and details of projects that interested them. Conversation about interests within the field and what kind of experience you've had/ are looking for. Also talked about the firm - tour of firm and introduction of work that is being done. Meet and greet. What kind of team would you be interested in working with

Interview Questions

• What kind of programs do you use?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohn Pedersen Fox (New York, NY).

Interview

two people were interviewing and they were from kpf. they were associates and have affiliation to the college they came for the interview. they were very informative about the firm and was able to accurately describe the priority of what the job would entail.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohn Pedersen Fox (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview with two principles and one director. The interview was short and efficient. I spent most of time to show my portfolio and descibed the goal of career future. During the interview, they asked what skills I had and what type of project I was interested. Only came in once and got the offer. Heard some people had more than one interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Introduced my work experience and education background, went through my portfolio, answered standard interview questions and asked questions, followed by an office tour. It was less formal than I expected.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohn Pedersen Fox (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview went fairly efficient and comfortable. It began with a portfolio overview and followed with general questions about the firm as well as your personal goals. The employers there do care about employees' thinking and personal feeling about the firm.

Interview Questions

Interview

The HR contacted me to set up an interview with one of the directors at the firm. The director was very friendly. There were two people in the interview room.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Kohn Pedersen Fox (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed in mid-2009, when the economy was at its most turbulent stage. For 1 job opening there were 100s of resume floating around. I managed to get an interview call because of some special software skills I had, plus my previous work experience. They interviewed me against no job description as such, it seemed that on the interview table they were forming one. They were quite professional with the design partner also coming in towards the tail end of the interview to review my portfolio and resume. I had a second round of interview wherein I was interviewed by a senior associate principal for some specific projects that were coming her way.
    Within a week/10 days I got an offer from them, however the compensation was 20% below my previous paycheck! I took it up as I had nothing else in hand.

Interview Questions

• "We are not looking to hire anyone to expand our team. However, we don't want talent to go waste. Tell me how would you help me justify you as a talent and why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, slightly. couldnt risk much as there were no other interviews or offers coming through.

Junior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohn Pedersen Fox (Ithaca, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

2 people interviewed me - an associate principal and an entry-level architect, they are both alumina. Process - Walk through the portfolio, and they asked questions about some pics they were interested in. Then 3 questions: 1, why are you interested in KPF 2, what projects of KPF do you like. 3. do you have some questions. Last about 25 min.

Interview Questions

• What makes you become interested in KPF   1 Answer

Junior Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohn Pedersen Fox.

Interview

Sent resume and portfolio in response to an ad on their website. Received an email within three weeks asking to come in for an interview. Received an offer one week later.