Komatsu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Komatsu Interview Questions

2.5

District Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Komatsu (Rolling Meadows, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application on internal job posting & was called to schedule an interview. Scheduled the interview. Met with hiring manager, current manager & HR representative. Was asked about my work history. Where I would like to go with the company in terms of career. Why I want the position that I'm was applying for

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to this position   1 Answer

Assistant Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Komatsu (Rolling Meadows, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Both men were extremely polite and seem genuinely interested in me and the position that I was interviewing for. They had both had experience in the job I was applying for, so they both gave a great description of what the job would be like on a daily basis. I was one of the first to interview for the job, so I was told I wouldn't hear back for a few weeks.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Komatsu.

Interview

It was obvious the interviewers were pressed for time and stressed. As a former interviewer, I felt the enviroment was somewhat unprofessional. There were no prepared questions. My perception is the interviewers were looking for personality mesh versus past experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain my level of care. Being in a supervisory position, this attribute should be expected.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Komatsu (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call to setup a time for in person interview. Interviewed with two managers and went over some behavioral questions and what kind of responsibilities I have in my current position.
    The managers interview took an hour and they went over what kind of person they needed for the role.

I met with the recruiters/HR and interviewed with them for another hour. All the questions were behavioral and what kind of environment I like to work in.

A few days later I got a phone call to interview with the CFO in person.

Interview with CFO was in depth accounting skills that I use in my current workplace, etc.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills does your ideal manager have and why?
      What kind of accounting software do you use?
      What are you looking for in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Komatsu (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

Started with a face to face interview with 3 Komatsu employees. Some behavioral questions, some loaded questions about whether I would fit in with the culture and enjoy the work. After that interview I met face to face with 2 more people. They had no questions for me so I did my best to fill up the 30 minutes with questions about the position which they would answer in 2 sentences or less. Was told they would get back to me within a week - no response at all. Very unprofessional. All the people seemed pretty arrogant. They did say there was a lot of room for growth and sort of get to set your own hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having to collect money from someone? What would your approach be?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Komatsu (Peoria, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Wonderful Company . Their hiring process is so neat and easy. I got selected went to a face to face with them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really hard as they were looking for a person who is more experienced   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Komatsu (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied via a job post on Monster. There were several questions I had to answer on Monster before I could submit my resume. The recruiter emailed me to set up a phone interview. That lasted about 15 minutes. She recommended me to the HR Director, who also called me and conducted a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. They flew me to Atlanta, for in-person interviews with the HR Director and Legal Counsel at the corporate office and to tour the plant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I felt they made me a strong offer.

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Komatsu (Covington, GA) in December 2007.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 females; HR Mgr, HR Asst., Procurement Mgr. Discussed in detail background experience and presented with scenarios of different situations and asked how I would respond/react to each.

Interview Questions

• If a much-required delivery from the NW part of the country heading to GA was delayed due to snow conditions, how would I react with multiple people surrounding me and yelling about how this would result in production stoppage.   1 Answer
    • If you were at a critical point where a superior needed to make a decision "right now" but no supervisor or manager was available to guide you, how would you proceed?   1 Answer

Sales Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Komatsu in August 2010.

Interview

Pretty relaxed 1:1 interview with Japanese hiring manager who supposed to be my future direct-report. Interview consisted of various questions regarding my career history, interests for construction machinery, thoughts on respective corporate culture, skills on PC and capability of communication in diverse cultural environment., plus some quick check measuring my English conversational skill. Surprising moment was an sudden appearance of the top management. No intense, but relaxed Interview . It consisted of quite basic questions regarding my strengths, reason for application, my potential skill for the organization and insights on Thailand and its respective culture. Interview took 90 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• Under the current yen-dollar exchange rate circumstance, where do you think main production facility should be ideally located, Japan or overseas, for minimizing exchange loss?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Witbank, Mpumalanga (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Komatsu (Witbank, Mpumalanga (South Africa)) in February 2010.

Interview

An employee phoned me asking to work for komatsu. I told her that I had no experience. She informed me that it would be addressed and they would send me for training. I went for the interview. They perused my CV, acknowledged that they would send me for the relevant training to be able to do the work. I was later informed that there was a dispute as the position was not advertised internally. I had already resigned from my current job. Luckily I was still hired after another 2 months from the interview. The interview was not difficult as I had to just comfirm all that was on my CV.

Interview Questions

• How I knew about the position., It was difficult to answer as I did not know about the position, as it was offered to me. I did not know what was arranged and what was said to the management and HR. I could not talk about the position as I knew nothing about it. Had no experience. But was told that they would train me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered a good salary, said there would be overtime paid, and that I would be trained in the position. Overtime was not paid, training never happened, I had to find out everything from other branches and ask questions, google etc.