Komatsu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Komatsu

2.6

IT Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Komatsu (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Over the phone first. Then one on one person interview. Interviewed with IT department first then HR. You must gain approvals from both in order to gain the job.

Interview Questions

• What support experience do you have with a manufacturing plant?   Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

Interview

Short, on-site interview. Phone conference with Director of HR. They left a voicemail 2 weeks afterwards that they were still looking for other candidates and didn’t want to leave me hanging. They said they would advise me accordingly as they progress with the process. That was 2 months ago. Never heard back from them and they never returned my calls.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Komatsu (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied via a job post on Monster. There were several questions I had to answer on Monster before I could submit my resume. The recruiter emailed me to set up a phone interview. That lasted about 15 minutes. She recommended me to the HR Director, who also called me and conducted a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. They flew me to Atlanta, for in-person interviews with the HR Director and Legal Counsel at the corporate office and to tour the plant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I felt they made me a strong offer.

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Komatsu (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

A primary screening call by the recruiter, a conference call with manager and team lead, then an in-person meet-and-greet to see if you get along. The conference call is to find out what you regularly work with, and if you know the material. The in-person meet is to see what you'd want from working with them.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Komatsu (Peoria, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Wonderful Company . Their hiring process is so neat and easy. I got selected went to a face to face with them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really hard as they were looking for a person who is more experienced   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Komatsu (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call to setup a time for in person interview. Interviewed with two managers and went over some behavioral questions and what kind of responsibilities I have in my current position.
    The managers interview took an hour and they went over what kind of person they needed for the role.

I met with the recruiters/HR and interviewed with them for another hour. All the questions were behavioral and what kind of environment I like to work in.

A few days later I got a phone call to interview with the CFO in person.

Interview with CFO was in depth accounting skills that I use in my current workplace, etc.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills does your ideal manager have and why?
      What kind of accounting software do you use?
      What are you looking for in 5 years?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Komatsu (Longview, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

The first step that you are looking at is to apply online and wait. This process will take months so make sure you copy the description of the job. Another thing to note is that if you live far away from the facility they won’t fly you over you have to drive to the location. I drove in my own car 6 hours away to the location they will pay your expenses. You will have the interview with a group of four engineers, something important to note this location has only White-American people in the entire facility so don’t expect to be chosen if you are a different ethnicity. Also, during interview, they asked me about FPGAs the job description does not mention anything about FPGA. The HR tells you that you will have two assessments after the interview. There are two assessments one will be a multiple-choice assessment that test your ability to understand a picture and choose the best physics answer. The Electrical assessment is true and false with Electrical Engineering problems. This is where I was confused with the HR because I asked her before coming to the interview to let me know if this was going to be an Electrical engineering assessment and it was. I also had asked her if I could bring my calculator which really would have helped in this technical assessment. The calculator that she gave me was an old school calculator but they should allow other scientific calculators.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Komatsu (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

Started with a face to face interview with 3 Komatsu employees. Some behavioral questions, some loaded questions about whether I would fit in with the culture and enjoy the work. After that interview I met face to face with 2 more people. They had no questions for me so I did my best to fill up the 30 minutes with questions about the position which they would answer in 2 sentences or less. Was told they would get back to me within a week - no response at all. Very unprofessional. All the people seemed pretty arrogant. They did say there was a lot of room for growth and sort of get to set your own hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having to collect money from someone? What would your approach be?   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Komatsu.

Interview

It was obvious the interviewers were pressed for time and stressed. As a former interviewer, I felt the enviroment was somewhat unprofessional. There were no prepared questions. My perception is the interviewers were looking for personality mesh versus past experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain my level of care. Being in a supervisory position, this attribute should be expected.   1 Answer

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Komatsu.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting website. I interviewed at Komatsu and was contacted my their temp agency 2 weeks later. The questions were fairly typical, "tell me about a time you were a leader", " tell me what you know about our company", etc.