Komatsu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.4

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Komatsu (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

Met with HR and Hiring Managers. HR Manager was very amiable and easy to talk to. Hiring Manager didn't seem to want a conversation but merely to ask behavioral questions. No professional/skill type questions ... only the behavioral type questions. Told I was the first candidate and their process would take 4-8 weeks. Also told an internal person was interviewing for the job as well. Based on that statement and the fact that the position was open due to internal movement, I did not expect an offer. I was told about 2 weeks later they were going with someone else.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Komatsu.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting website. I interviewed at Komatsu and was contacted my their temp agency 2 weeks later. The questions were fairly typical, "tell me about a time you were a leader", " tell me what you know about our company", etc.

IT Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Komatsu (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Over the phone first. Then one on one person interview. Interviewed with IT department first then HR. You must gain approvals from both in order to gain the job.

Interview Questions

• What support experience do you have with a manufacturing plant?   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Komatsu (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

A primary screening call by the recruiter, a conference call with manager and team lead, then an in-person meet-and-greet to see if you get along. The conference call is to find out what you regularly work with, and if you know the material. The in-person meet is to see what you'd want from working with them.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

District Parts Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Komatsu (Rolling Meadows, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application on internal job posting & was called to schedule an interview. Scheduled the interview. Met with hiring manager, current manager & HR representative. Was asked about my work history. Where I would like to go with the company in terms of career. Why I want the position that I'm was applying for

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to this position   1 Answer

Assistant Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Komatsu (Rolling Meadows, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Both men were extremely polite and seem genuinely interested in me and the position that I was interviewing for. They had both had experience in the job I was applying for, so they both gave a great description of what the job would be like on a daily basis. I was one of the first to interview for the job, so I was told I wouldn't hear back for a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• How many quarters could fit in the room?   1 Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Komatsu.

Interview

It was obvious the interviewers were pressed for time and stressed. As a former interviewer, I felt the enviroment was somewhat unprofessional. There were no prepared questions. My perception is the interviewers were looking for personality mesh versus past experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain my level of care. Being in a supervisory position, this attribute should be expected.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Komatsu (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call to setup a time for in person interview. Interviewed with two managers and went over some behavioral questions and what kind of responsibilities I have in my current position.
    The managers interview took an hour and they went over what kind of person they needed for the role.

I met with the recruiters/HR and interviewed with them for another hour. All the questions were behavioral and what kind of environment I like to work in.

A few days later I got a phone call to interview with the CFO in person.

Interview with CFO was in depth accounting skills that I use in my current workplace, etc.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills does your ideal manager have and why?
      What kind of accounting software do you use?
      What are you looking for in 5 years?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Komatsu (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

Started with a face to face interview with 3 Komatsu employees. Some behavioral questions, some loaded questions about whether I would fit in with the culture and enjoy the work. After that interview I met face to face with 2 more people. They had no questions for me so I did my best to fill up the 30 minutes with questions about the position which they would answer in 2 sentences or less. Was told they would get back to me within a week - no response at all. Very unprofessional. All the people seemed pretty arrogant. They did say there was a lot of room for growth and sort of get to set your own hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having to collect money from someone? What would your approach be?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Komatsu (Peoria, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Wonderful Company . Their hiring process is so neat and easy. I got selected went to a face to face with them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really hard as they were looking for a person who is more experienced   Answer Question