Kongsberg Gruppen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kongsberg Gruppen Interview Questions

Interviews at Kongsberg Gruppen

3.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kongsberg Gruppen.

Interview

Setup meeting via phone with HR. Interviewed with the 4 department heads to see which was more suitable for my goals/expertise. Smooth process overall, very laid back environment. There was a second interview where the would tender an offer from whichever department fits.

Interview Questions

• There were not many unexpected questions. The weirdest question was did I consider myself a desk jockey or cowboy?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Interview consisted of talking to head of HR and then two senior developers. HR lady was nice (and actually gave me a ride to the train station after work) but the interview itself was extremely tough. I was wholly unprepared for the oral questions. Written questions were mostly good.

Interview Questions

• When should you use a go-to statement?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellport, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kongsberg Gruppen (Bellport, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Had one interview with the manager and one with HR. Both seemed really nice and it was fairly easy, especially since it was an internship role. Most questions related to embedded systems classes like how to set up the microcontroller in the code (registers, I/O, PWM, etc.) and then the hardware aspect of it as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kongsberg Gruppen.

Interview

Board style lots of questions. I brought my i love me binder with certs blew them away. Bringing my certs helped greatly. And havibg hobbies seemed to help aswell

Interview Questions

• Conflict resolution horizontally and vertically   1 Answer

Software Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Rose, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kongsberg Gruppen (Saint Rose, LA) in April 2014.

Interview

Engineering Physics majors at my university are required to have a internship summer of junior year. There was a spring career fair and I and another classmate went. Our professor was there, he walked around with us suggesting places we should leave our resumes. Kongsberg was one. To be truthful, I didn't feel my resume was that close of a match for their company. However, I received an email during spring break, saying they would like to schedule an interview in the next 2 weeks, and asked me to provide them with some days and times that would work for me. They were very prompt in getting back to me. The office is actually a little outside of New Orleans, but not too far. They said to allow about 2 hours, as testing was involved. There was a short interview with one person at the beginning, then an electrical circuit test, then a test that involved debugging some code. Not excessively difficult, I think I did fine, though they did not tell me my score, however I at least made their minimum cutoff, so there was longer interview next. i had of course done the company research, however they didn't make clear what the internship was until after the testing and it was not an area I had considered working in, so I suspect my answers weren't what they were looking fore. One of my classmates also received an interview request, it was an area he was interested in exploring and he will be interning there this summer. One graduating senior also interviewed that same work for a full-time permanent position, so it does appear they like local graduates.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kongsberg Gruppen.

Interview

Met recruiters at Career fair at my school. I then interviewed with them the following day for around 45 minutes. I was then invited to an onsite interview in New Orleans for a day-long interview.

Dynamic Positioning Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Rose, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kongsberg Gruppen (Saint Rose, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview started out with standard work questions being asked by a panel of three Kongsberg employees. There was then a 20 minute test with some electrical and mathematical questions. After the test, there was a tour of their facility.

Interview Questions

• Q: Would you be able to handle the pressure of fixing a vessel's software while the captain is breathing down your neck?   Answer Question
    • Q: Can you see yourself working here 5 years in the future?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kongsberg Gruppen.

Interview

I met with Kongsberg at a career fair for my school, and had an on campus interview not long after. I was expecting a much more thorough interview, however, they asked me some odd questions that I didn't feel really showed who I am. Essentially, I feel the questions were not very informative for them.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Rose, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kongsberg Gruppen (Saint Rose, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

In call interview at first them I flew to the main office for a in person interview. They explained what was the job about and how the company works. Them they took me to lunch. After lunch they gave me a test with 10 questions about electrical stuff. they call me later with a job offer and I accepted.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kongsberg Gruppen (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

Talked with the Interim GM about responsibilities, experience, and management style.
    What do you hope to do to increase?
    How can you make a difference as the head of the organization? the efficiency of the Operations organization?

Interview Questions

• How can you make a difference as the head of the organization?   Answer Question