Kotis Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kotis Design Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kotis Design.

Interview

I was asked for an interview a day after I applied, and had my interview 7 days after that. I heard back 4 days after my interview so all in all it was a pretty quick turn-around time. The person I spoke with during my phone interview was very friendly and personable. I was a nerve-racked because I had phone difficulties so it could have gone better.

I liked that I was informed whether I got the position or not, what I didn't like was that I was sent a blanketed response stating they "decided to move forward with candidates who more closely match the skills and qualifications required for the role" when I have 7 years of experience. Upon reading Glassdoor reviews it looks like they have a high turn-around so maybe I dodged a bullet.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kotis Design in August 2017.

Interview

I recently had a phone interview with their HR staff and Sales Managers. The interview was laid back, but engaging. It seemed like they were looking to fill the position quickly and move through the process with pace, which is always a nice change instead of getting dragged through a drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the sales matrixes you have used in the past and what you have liked or disliked about these approaches.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kotis Design in June 2017.

Interview

This is just for the phone screening interview, waiting now to hear if I will be given an in person interview. I spoke to the HR manager about my previous work history - I believe she was qualifying me for the position, and possibly looking to fulfill alternate openings if she identified a better fit.

I felt as though she prepared well for the interview - so often, you speak with someone and it's pretty clear they barely glanced over your resume prior to your meeting. She was very intuitive about potential issues that could arise from my specific circumstances, which I think (hope!) provides insight to how leadership at the company functions as well.

Overall, it was a very pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What was my role with my most recent employer?   Answer Question
    • Why are you willing to take a reduction in pay?   Answer Question
    • Are you looking for alternate types of employment? Are you planning on staying in this role long-term?   Answer Question

Account Executive and Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kotis Design (Remote, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews. Phone screen first then a two hour video interview. Did not get an offer for the first position but was recommended to interview for another position. The Account Manager lead who interviewed me seemed like she already had her mind make up before the interview even started. Very formally planned questions like "what items would you suggest as giveaways for x customer" then would move on to next question without informal conversation on the position. She did not ask if I had any questions at the end and hung up on me after the interview. I waited 20 minutes for the next interviewer to call me back but they did not. The recruiter then emailed me and said the 2nd interview was in a meeting even though they scheduled to have me interview with these people a week or so in advance. My guess is the first girl did not like me right off the bat and told the recruiter that it was a waste of time to have the second person interview me after she hung up on me. The recruiter was nice to work with but the Account Manager lead was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Very scripted questions as you can imagine. If you are interviewing for a sales position the interview is more informal and professional.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kotis Design (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with problems to solve after it. The HR was extremely friendly! I declined the offer because the position was remote and I needed something with a more social atmosphere, the HR understood completely and made the process painless.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kotis Design (Cleveland, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with a Human Resources Representative. We spoke for over the additional time frame allotted. I had another interview scheduled but decided not to move forward. They were wonderful!

Corporate Sales Interview

Interview

Typical Interview process. The only questions that threw me off was when I was asked to name 10 items if I were talking to a customer that was running a golf charity event. I know very little about golf but, managed to come up with 12 hard goods.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kotis Design (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone Screen. (30 minutes)
    In office interview (2 hours) meeting with the sales manager and direct supervisor.
    2nd office interview (1 hour) meeting with CEO.
    I was referred to Kotis by a former UW grad. I spoke with the sales manager and he seemed young, but a nice guy. There was no front desk secretary. The office was dark and had a quirky design. It was much quieter than I was used to on a sales floor. The office dog did a great job of greeting me and gave me her stamp of approval.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about selling tchotchkes (promotional marketing items)?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kotis Design (Tukwila, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted via email for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. In-person interview was good overall, but they did have some asinine questions, the kind that they ask you when you are interviewing for a job at a fast-food restaurant.

College Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kotis Design (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone, it was more of a screening than an interview. They ask about your past work experience.

The initial interview had a lot of scenario questions. The manager seemed to expect for you to already know a lot about the products that they currently offer.

One scenario question was name ten products that you would offer a customer who are hosting a charity event for the sorority.

Another was, name five things that a customer would be upset about when receiving a product that did not meet their expectations.

The third one was an upset customer scenario and the interviewer asked for you to type up a response in reply to the customer on a laptop 'as if you are sending an e-mail to the customer'. The only problem is the interviewer did not provide full details of the scenario so it was hard to respond.

The interviewer also asked what you hope to make salary wise within one year and three years. * I would say don't be too honest with answering this question because if you tell them what your ideal pay would be it would put them off.

I honestly think that this was the strangest interview due to some of the questions. The best way to answer the interview questions is if you knew how they processed orders and what products they offer. I hope this helps any possible candidates!

Interview Questions

• Name ten products that you would offer a client that is holding a charity event for a sorority.   1 Answer
    • A customer e-mailed you about the product that they just recieved. They are having an event in one week and need it by then. What is your response via e-mail?   1 Answer