Kurt Geiger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kurt Geiger

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

It was brief and friendly. It was a one on one with the manager in which she asked me a few simple questions about myself and my past experience. She also inquired what I would bring to this position and what my preferred salary would be.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in sales before?
      Have you ever been paid commission?
      Are you aware of our product?
      Who told you about our job opening?
      Where did you first hear about us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the start and end of my employment. I was also able to negotiate what my started wage would be and when my hours would be. They were very flexible.

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger.

Interview

Started well, they got in touch and quickly set up and interview. Interviewers were pleasant and was a good experience. However, follow-up was shocking. Was told I was through to next round (which never materialised) then waited 3.5 months to be told the position was recruited for internally in the end. Very negative experience.

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy application via company website, received offer for interview within 14h of sending off application. When interview was supposed to happen Kirsty (recruiting agent) did not call or answer any of my emails for the next 5 days to explain why she didnt call me at the time of the interview. Only after sending her consecutive emails she responded and said the position had been filled. Extremely unprofessional and rude given that I had prepared for the phone interview within a day.

Kurt Geiger Response

Aug 24, 2017 – Resourcing Assistant

Hello, really sorry to hear this, can you please email our Recruitment Manager, Sophie Garrard - sophie.garrard@kurtgeiger.com and she will look into this. Thanks, Kurt Geiger

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Email CV, interview with concessions manager then shop floor manager.

2 interviews face to face and a phone call.

Really easy and nice people.- lovely shop and manager was really friendly.
    Really easy and nice people.- lovely shop and manager was really friendly.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The usual. You get a call from HR and there will be a phone interview. If you succeed, you will be called in person to interview with the manager. You will be asked to do a q&a followed by a written test and task.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wirral, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (Wirral, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Very unprofessional! Contacted to arrange a telephone interview. Arranged a date and time which was a Saturday evening so I cancelled plans and wasn’t called. I emailed to ask why and was told their emails were down and we rearranged. I was then called and we arranged a casual interview where I was asked about my work experience. I was told I would hear early the following week whether I had been successful or not. I am still waiting for any kind of response. After 4 weeks I emailed same person direct to ask for feedback on my interview as I guessed I had been unsuccessful and once again I am still waiting for a response. I have been out of the interview game for a very long time as I have worked for the same company for the last 10 years but feel this is very unprofessional and in fact quite rude for a company who apparently pride themselves on exceptional customer service as afterall I am also a potential customer not just a interview candidate.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and within a few days had a response from someone who asked when she could contact me for a chat. We arranged a date and time and she failed to contact me, when I emailed saying she hadn't called she apologised and said she was pulled into a meeting last minute, we arranged for another day and this time the call went ahead as planned.
    She asked a little about my employment history and why I had applied for the position, why I was interested in Kurt Geiger. She then asked for my salary expectations, given that this job was in zone 2, central London and I've been applying for assistant store manager positions for around £24K, I responded with £24-25K. She said that the offer was between £17-18K, and if that was okay. I said that it was a huge step down from what I'm already earning, apparently there's no room for negotiation outside of £18K.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Kurt Geiger   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

had to do a business plan and do a SWAT analysis on the company. The questions asked were quite basic and easy enough to answer. Then had to do a floor walk of the shopfloor and went through layout/staff. Speak about products but main focus is customer service.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy regular sales interview - asked to sell a random object to the manager and just a few easy interview questions. Then availability and how long I intend to be with the company. Just a very standard sales interview.

Interview Questions

• Sell this scarf from Dior to me that costs £650 (and was given the picture of a scarf)   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Geiger (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was based off on questions about sales experience and imaginary scenarios consisting of your skills and personality. How would you utilize your skills and experience to deliver customer service.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the shop floor had no customers?   1 Answer