Kuwait Oil Company Ksc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kuwait Oil Company Ksc Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kuwait Oil Company Ksc (Houston, TX).

Interview

Show up on time. They are an hour late. 10 of us are waiting in the lobby, confused. We sit there patiently without direction from the HR personnel. We learn we are all interviewed one by one. All 10 of us.
    The three people before me get "kicked out" at 10-15 minutes mark. It's my turn.
    I walk in. no greeting, no introductions, so I make my own. Sure. I'm being asked questions and being cut off mid-sentence every reply. He asks me for the role I'm applying for; it doesn't match what the recruiter advertised. He asks me a question, I clarify the question, answer that one. Then he ends the interview abruptly.
    Also, the other two panel members didn’t say a word. Except after I got ejected then I had a response then the one in a T-shirt finally said something.
    This was the most unprofessional and weirdest interview I have ever been a part of. I wish I was exaggerating or making this up... this all happened and I hope the other 9 members post their experience.
    Once that happened I got out of that place ASAP as the whole experience was very sketchy and I didn’t want anymore part of it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kuwait Oil Company Ksc (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Very Fast Interview for the position that I applied for. Usually it would take about several interviews to measure skills and ensure candidate has proper knowledge. I was interrupted constantly by interviewers and I was not able to finish the overall explanation of my duties. I was offered a job on the spot and signed a document of acceptance. They mentioned it would be around 10-15 days to receive a formal process application. Very difficult to communicate with their HR department. It has been more than 30 days and I am still waiting for a proper answer or procedure to follow.

Interview Questions

• Have you performed specific task in the pass?   1 Answer

QC Technical Inspector Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kuwait Oil Company Ksc in January 2015.

Interview

Dear Sir l m zubair Zahoor Jalgoankar I was work in switch gear company as a Qc Technical inspector and my work in panels,calibration, iso audit, and customer inspection I have 3 year in gulf and 4 year in india experience

Engineer Interview

Interview

based on ad on paper we applied thru agency in India and we appeared for interview.....during interview they asked about present job role and and its back ground...then asked few questions whcih are releveant to my job profile and it was a smooth affair......

Negotiation

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kuwait Oil Company Ksc (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Recruiter applied on my behalf with my consent. I interviewed for KOC in Mumbai, India.

I arrived half hour before my appointment. I had to wait for an hour and a half approx. for my turn. Various job agent's representatives shall be at the venue. Don't worry, your agent will find you. Each agent will have brought their best candidates. They make you fill up a registration form, the bottom half of which will be filled up by the Interviewing panel.

Now coming to the interview experience, you will be interrupted frequently. Please remember you will only get 15-20 mins with the panel, no pleasantries will be exchanged, they will expect you to keep your answers short & to the point. Though be sure to greet the panel with a smile. Don't beat around the bush, if you don't know something just say so. They have about 20 -25 candidates to interview from morning 8:30 AM until evening 04:00 PM with a lunch break in between. If they don't like you, they may abruptly end the interview in the first 5 mins. Attitude does matter always have a smile on your face, don't appear nervous. They might appear intimidating but are quite nice outside the interview chamber. Dress well, I would highly recommend wear a light coloured shirt, a neatly pressed pair of pants, polished shoes & a tie. Facial hair is not recommended, but I got away with my soul patch. Documents will not be checked even though they ask you to carry everything.

They will ask you to wait outside after the interview is over. You will next hear from your agent regarding your result. If you made it, you'll score a one page offer letter on the spot. A detailed letter will follow after 15 days to a month. Post hiring until joining, you will have no direct interaction with the HR. You will only be talking to your staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why have you jumped 4 Companies in 6 years, its a lot?
      2) Describe your experience in your present Company?
      3) What do you know about Stage Gate process & Budget cycles?
      4) Describe how your Company's version of stage gate & budgeting?
      5) How much do you make? Where do you pay your taxes?
      6) Why should we hire you aside from your technical skills?

No technical questions were asked, even if I tended to give technical answers, I was driven away from it, which is cool, every Company has its own way of doing things.   Answer Question

Senior Drilling Supervisor/Company Man Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kuwait Oil Company Ksc (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

What a Totally unprofessional and poorly managed Interview undertaken by ill skilled arrogant Kuwait nationals ,
    Interview was on the 13 May 2017
    I Travelled from Brisbane to Sydney
    many persons waiting , NO introduction by HR
    Interview took 7 minutes , NO introduction , NO names were given by Interview persons , just sit down and one question was asked ,
    after answering the question I was told nice CV and go and see HR ,
    HR came and spoke to me after about half hrs later and stated that Interview went well and that an offer will be sent by 18th May 2017 , as they need the offer to be signed off due to the high figure being talked about
    i hate persons that are muslims following Islam that are liars , since the interview it is impossible to communicate with this HR show , I was further told an offer would be made by Sunday 21 May 2017 , No offer has been sent and it seems to me that this KOC HR are stringing people along and have nil conscience to their actions
    I recommend that all stay clear of this Kuwait oil Company

Interview Questions

• A well control issue with a large gas influx was put to me   1 Answer

HSE Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Kuwait Oil Company Ksc (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Job specific, relaxed , chat meet with staff , find out if can do safety things and talk over cv

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Kuwait Oil Company Ksc in oct 2016

Interview Questions

• Can you write risk assessments   1 Answer

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

Interview

Good. They are looking for good engineers but not very specific. So the new engineers can easily adopt the system. They have good quality operations and wish people to adopt the same easily.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kuwait Oil Company Ksc (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1 Interview- Nothing technical, just asking about past experiences, general accounting knowledge and IT skills (accounting systems used in the past. The management tests your ability to cope with stressful environments and your language skills. The team is very international and needs multiple languages to run the business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negociation

Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kochi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kuwait Oil Company Ksc (Kochi (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Myself available for discussion / more explanations at your convenient any time by an e-mail / phone call. Original Certificates and relevant documents should be submitted by direct interview. Myself available for discussion / more explanations at your convenient any time by an e-mail / phone call. Original Certificates and relevant documents should be submitted by direct interview.

Interview Questions

• Related to my previous projects which i have done in past years   Answer Question