L&T Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L&T Power Interview Questions

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L&T Power (Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted in the evening after morning interview session. Unexpectedly I saw changes in the behaviour of the panel. The same friendly panel become quite rude and asked direct technical questions without making anyone comfortable and for a first timer like me, it made me nervous. They made the interview stressful and difficult level questions were often asked related to induction motors, transformers and power systems. I stated them that I wasn't very versed with cables, yet they kept asking related questions even though I stated this after first cable related question itself. The interview lasted for at least 35 mins.

Interview Questions

• Internships were done at which comapnies?   2 Answers

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L&T Power (Mangalore (India)).

Interview

Written aptitude, technical interview, basic electronics details, final year Project details, embedded systems, C, pointers, structures, keypad logics, GSM, GPRS modem. Personal details, family background

Interview Questions

• Rectifier, diode, final year Projects   1 Answer

Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L&T Power (Vadodara (India)).

Interview

Got call for interview from Recruitment agency. Agency itself coordinated for the interview. It was full one day process from interview to verbal confirmation for selection. L&T informed me that with in one week you will the scanned copy of your offer letter.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L&T Power in August 2015.

Interview

The interview procedure was Online Test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
    Online Test was in 2 parts Aptitude + Technical.
    GD was conducted in such a way that everyone gt chance to speak.
    In PI there was a panel of 3 interviewees, they were quite supportive and encouraging. They were expecting good technical knowledge in atleast 2-3 subjects in your field and good general awareness.

Interview Questions

• Which are your favourite subjects? Why?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at L&T Power (Vadodara (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment. They took an online test at campus and called the shortlisted candidate at their Vadodara Campus. There they took a GD which was not an eliminator and after that the final interview. Interview was mostly technical with few HR questions. Overall a great experience and also company provided great hospitality.

Interview Questions

• What are modern trends in Instrumentation and Control Engineering?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L&T Power (Vadodara (India)).

Interview

First step- written test at campus
    Second step- shortlisting and informed to candidates via placement coordinator
    Third step- interview
    (All travel expenses were reimbursed)
    Forth step- selected candidates were informed through placement coordinator
    Fifth step- received offer letter via courier 1 month before the joining
    Sixth step- all procedures, mentioned in courier, were to be completed by candidate
    Seventh step- joining at L&T power.

And other formalities were to be done at company location.

Interview Questions

• L&T doesn't pay much. Why do you want to join us?   3 Answers

Negotiation

There was no as such phase in my interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L&T Power (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

based on gpa. college sent names on their own. based on gpa list. . . .. . . was a gr8 exp. no chaos.

it was mainly core based. engineering branches electrical mech civil and prod were allowed to intern.
     p.s. gpa- grade point average

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Faridabad, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L&T Power (Faridabad, Haryana (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

one with the reporting head along with the head of the department, and other with H.R.
    both were verbal. Though was time taking It went on for 45 minutes. I was told that the letter would reach by post which took a week to reach.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dharwad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L&T Power (Dharwad (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview process was good.. Aptitude test followed with group discussion & then technical round. Technical round was that difficult, u just need tobe confident.Then HR round where your background will be checked

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at L&T Power (Vadodara (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviews mostly on your prior work experience, check for your fit with the job
    Work culture is good, very experienced and talented work force, overall a good culture

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation not easy for people with lesser experinece