LGI Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LGI Homes (Birmingham, AL) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and pleasant. Within one day of applying I heard from a recruiter and had a phone interview the same day. The in person interview was less than two weeks later and went great! It lasted about an hour. The Sales Manager was very friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

LGI Homes Response

Mar 26, 2019 – LGI Homes

We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant interview experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LGI Homes (Atlanta, GA) in June 2018.

Interview

The process was simply and lenient. Had a phone interview and got the decision in two weeks. The only thing that I didn't like is their automated aptitude test where they send you a link in the email and you have to answer questions and they judge your personality and capabilities based on those results.

Interview Questions

LGI Homes Response

Mar 4, 2019 – LGI Homes

Thank you for your review. As far as the personality assessment goes, we use this as a management tool and a way to get to know our candidates better during the interview process. We never use this... More

Construction Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LGI Homes in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was emailed a week later asking for an interview. Had a phone interview with an HR representative the next day. Was email within 7 days telling me whether they wanted me to take the next step.

Interview Questions

LGI Homes Response

Feb 16, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thank you for leaving us a review. Best of luck in your job search!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LGI Homes (Tacoma, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a job fair organized specifically for/by this company. Most of the upper management of the company was present. They showed a short video highlighting (primarily) the earning potential of a sales associate. The attendees were asked to take a personality test. Each of us was pulled out of the room and taken to another room of smaller tables where approximately 10-12 interviews were taking place at the same time. It wasn't private, was quite noisy, and I had to speak very loudly to be heard by my interviewer. I got the distinct impression the interviewer didn't have any significant experience in, or knowledge about, the actual building/construction process - or he assumed I didn't, so he wasn't interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• 1. Did I enjoy the video? 2. What position was I interested in? 3. What did I feel my greatest career achievement was?   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for your feedback and for attending one of our recruiting events. Upper management loves to be present at these events and meet with candidates one-on-one. The feedback regarding your... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LGI Homes.

Interview

I applied online for the job, and I was contacted by a recruiter the following week. She set up a phone interview for the same week. Following the phone interview I had to take a personality test and I am working on coordinating a time to go in for an in person interview soon. So far the process has been very smooth and fast. The recruiter was very nice over the phone, and the company seems very organized.

Interview Questions

LGI Homes Response

Jul 18, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for leaving us a review! It is great to hear the process was smooth and prompt. Thanks again and best of luck in the future!

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LGI Homes (The Woodlands, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online via Glassdoor and got a phone call interview about a week later. This was followed by an invitation to interview with the officer I was to report to.

Interview Questions

LGI Homes Response

Mar 4, 2019 – LGI Homes

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a positive interview experience with us as we value all of our candidates. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LGI Homes (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very Structured. Took 15-20 min. to inform about the company and their culture before diving into a typical interview Q&A. I was walked through my personality quiz to verify how accurate the test was which was a new experience for me. Usually I am never presented with the data gathered from a personality test. The interview questions were fairly standard and the overall interview length ran an appropriate length of 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

LGI Homes Response

Jul 18, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear the interview process felt structured and positive. Best of luck!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LGI Homes (New York, NY).

Interview

I was greeted by kind receptionist. As I waited to be interviewed, I was asked at least 6 times if I'd been helped. It was a warm welcoming. Employees seemed very happy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the positive review. We pride ourselves on our positive and people-focused culture. Welcome to the team!

Land Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LGI Homes in February 2018.

Interview

This company prides itself on having a very regimented and structured culture; however, its interview process is extremely uncomfortable. I applied online and two weeks later I was contacted by HR via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was relaxed and simple; however, the job description posted online did not conform with what the interviewer described to me. Despite this, I was still intrigued by the opportunity and asked to take an hour-long personality test as my next step. I took the personality test and was called by the hiring manager shortly after who scheduled an in-person interview. The in-person interview lasted 2+ hours in which the first hour is spent walking through a company brochure describing how wonderful their sales team is and how great their culture is (the position I interviewed for was not a sales role). The second hour is spent talking through your personality test and how you believe you "performed" on it. Be prepared as many of these questions are deeply personal. Afterwards, I was told that the next step was to contact at least 3 of my references and run a background check on me, which was really awkward because the interviewer had not discussed compensation/benefits with me, nor had they described the duties of the position they were hiring for. Instead, they told me that I would be a great fit for the position and that my suggested compensation was "in-line" with what they were offering for the role. As LGI Homes has a great story and touts itself on having never laid off an employee they seemed like a great fit. I decided to proceed. They then contacted my references and ran a background check on me.

Interview Questions

LGI Homes Response

Jun 3, 2018 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the review and feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you found our interview process uncomfortable. Our job descriptions and recruiters do share specifics of each position's... More

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

After I applied to a position in Colorado Springs, a recruiter reached out to me via email and requested a phone screening. After the screening, the recruiter emailed a link with a personality test called DISC. I took the test and then received another email to schedule a face to face interview.

The face to face interview was conducted by two gentlemen. It seemed that one was training the other. During the interview, they joked around a little too much. One mentioned that if they had known that I was traveling from Texas to Colorado Springs (which they did...they brought it up first), they would have made other arrangements for my interview. Not only that but they joked with me about it.

They went over my DISC results (which were wrong about me) as if I was being given my horoscope. The interview was 1.5 hours long and for the information they try to learn from you, that is too long of an interview. They shared with me how one of their employees earned over 400k in 2016.

Needless to say that they didn't move forward in the process with me. I doubt those two men have the skill to find a high producer like the one that earned 400k last year.

I had high hopes of a good interview with LGI. However they seem to put all the weight on their DISC test and hiring people in their image and color if you know what I mean. At least this was my experience in the Colorado Springs market.

Lastly, after I got the email from the recruiter. I asked for feedback from the recruiter and she never replied.

Advice: Drop your DISC test. It is insulting to hear someone tell you about what they think they know about you from a personality test. I should have gotten up and left the minute the shenanigans started.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your life's story....
      Tell me what you didn't like about your last job....   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for your feedback. It is disappointing to hear that you felt the interviewers were unprofessional. Part of our culture is constant and never ending improvement, so we appreciate the... More

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LGI Homes in February 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair, everyone was nice, lots of talk of making money, having fun and winning trips. Talked how they are number 1, but no talk about making customers happy. Lots of training, late hours, they don't want people that have sold homes before in a higher-priced range, they look for people that sell fast close selling, not relationship building selling. In and out by today, get a pitch and sign today. They sell Payment.
    At the job fair they have you do the DISC test, and then they meet you and ask a few questions.

Got a call to come in it was a 2 hour long interview, the person was very nice, he had a list of questions I thought it went well, he said it went well. He said I would be getting a call to come spend a Saturday with the team to see how things are done. Weeks went by I never got a call. Then a few more weeks went by and I got a thanks but no thanks email.

I guess if you have experience selling homes with high customer satisfaction, they don't want you, they don't think you can learn their way of selling.

They missed out, turn over rate must be high because if your not from this business you don't know what it takes. Their loss.

Interview Questions

LGI Homes Response

Jul 18, 2017 – LGI Homes

Thank you for the review. While the outcome wasn’t what you hoped, we appreciate you sharing your experience. The volume of applicants makes for a very competitive selection process. We wish you the... More