LSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LSE Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LSE in August 2017.

Interview

Online application form, which includes CV and Cover letter submission. Very quick turn around from the closing date. Interview was within 2 weeks of the submission date.
    Interview process included a MS word and excel test and a 3 panel interview. Interviewers were very welcoming and engaging - lasted around 40 minutes.

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LSE.

Interview

I was required to submit a cv and cover letter. After this, I then was invited back for a face to face interview. It was in front of two senior members of the department.

International Alumni Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSE (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview included 20 minutes written test and 45 minutes of a panel interview with 3 key staff members of the team. Panellists asked questions relating to my answer from the written test as well as a series of competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most difficult person you worked with and how do you handle it.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSE in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was simple. Applied on company site and two weeks later got invited for an interview via email.

The interview itself was OK. The panel was professional and friendly. They mainly asked competency based questions relating to the person specification. I was surprised no tests was administered during the interview. About an hour later I received an email explaining they were impressed and would like to invite me back for tests and a second interview. The tests involved a written test and a excel test which required me to present my findings back to the panel. Seemed a bit much for an administration position, this was the only thing I found off putting about the process.

MSC Programmer Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSE in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LSE in July 2017. Online application form, CV and Cover letter. Quick turn around from the closing date. Interview was within 2 weeks of the submission date.
    Interview process included a 10m presentation and and 45m interview (3 panel interview). Interviewers were welcoming but one was constantly mentioning time. Interview questions were easy and predictable. I thought the interview went well but felt I was not the perfect fit for the job. No email after the interview, just status changed on the LSE Jobs system to "application unsuccessful" two days later. It would have been nice to have received an after interview email informing of the decision, even if they were unable to provide proper feedback. Not very professional in the end.

Interview Questions

• The presentation topic was challenging given that it was not absolutely clear what the job would entail exactly. I was asked to prepare a 10m presentation on all the challenges and opportunities to the role.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSE.

Interview

This was a very informal interview - my interview was only ten minutes long and mainly about skills & motivation, no questions about leadership/past positions or the like. Much more interested in previous programming experience and availability.

Questions were very easy to answer and luckily my profile was a good fit for what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What statistical packages do you use?
      What course have you taken in econometrics?   Answer Question

Fundraising Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LSE (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was in person with a panel working on or with the role being interviewed for. The questions were skills/experienced based and straight-forward per the desired skills listed on the JD. Seems one must tick all boxes to be successful, and should have talking points prepared for all in case asked at the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do want this role?
      Tell us about a time you took initiative?   Answer Question

Research Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LSE (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple academic questions on credentials with extremely supportive network of fellow staff and PHD students. I found it to be a very well recongised work place internationally that opens up many further job opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of statistical tools?   1 Answer

IT Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LSE in February 2017.

Interview

A complete sham. This was an internal vacancy for a highly technical role, but the questions asked were only key skills based, i.e. teamwork, prioritising etc. I was expecting at least some technical questions in the interview and spent a good amount of time preparing for it. The manager was very unprofessional and was more interested in looking at the clock than paying attention to my answers. The second panel member was more respectful and the third panel member was a non-technical person who was there only for "political correctness" reasons. There was a 15 minute technical quiz at the end of the interview, which meant I didn't even get the chance to justify my answers or demonstrate my competency for the role. This was the 2nd time I went through such an interview at the LSE where the first time I was successful,

It became apparent that there was an agenda from this very disappointing interview experience at this reputable institution.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LSE.

Interview

All via the job portal, quite a good system and connects to email. Interview was competency based and lifted from the job specification - make sure you've read it thoroughly! Department was really nice and interviews friendly and professional. Questions were standard interview questions, and completed an excel and word test (related to job, both easy). I didn't get an offer, feedback was good but unfortunately someone else was better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work/continue to work in HE?
      Tell me about a time you've had to build a network outside your usual network of people/colleagues.   Answer Question