LSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LSE Interview Questions

Interviews at LSE

2.8

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Very friendly and professional to an extent that surprised me. But the bureaucracy to setting up the interview was unnecessarily complicated. Unbelievably receptive and open to requests and questions.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSE.

Interview

Interview comprised a skills task and then brief interview. Interview was only 20 minutes. Each stage took a long time. I applied on the LSE website and completed the entire interview process remotely.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about research and experience in research roles.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSE (London, England (UK)).

Interview

One hour interview started with a 10 min presentation on how I would have approached the research, followed by many questions about the role, my research and how it matched with the position.

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LSE.

Interview

You submit an online application, wait a couple of days and then there’s a group interview, where they ask you situational questions like how would you picture LSE to other young students and how would you address their concerns

Interview Questions

• If a prospective LSE student asks you that student satisfaction is low at LSE so why should they come, how would you answer?   Answer Question

Content Developer Interview

Interview

It was an easy process. The management were very friendly. The interview lasted about half an hour and was done in person, at their offices. There were about 3 or 4 interviewers and they all took turns asking questions. I felt comfortable throughout the entire process

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LSE (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Straightforward, 3 interviewers from differing departments and including the team lead. Ensure you are able to have a multitude of examples from your working prowess. Each interviewer will ask 3 questions each and you will be required to do two tasks - both written.

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Required is a copy of the Master's thesis as well as two academic reference letters (usually from Master's advisor) and as well as a Research Statement.
    In case of positive feedback a skype call with three professors of the department takes place to make the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Masters' thesis as well as research experience and interests.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

Competency Based. Not technical. What problems did you resolve ? How did you resolve them ? What was the outcome ? Did not really get a real picture of what the role was really like. Very difficult to understand whether it involved coding or not.

Interview Questions

• What problems did you solve ?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LSE (London, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online with CV and covering letter, I then received an online notification and email to confirm my interview and had to pick a slot. I was informed that there would be an in-tray task and a panel interview. I was given 45 mins to look at 5 applications and grade them. The panel interview was with 4 people

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied through online form; had to ask reccomendation letters to former professors in order to be considered for application. The decision process was quite fast (1 month) and i didn't have to do interviews. The process is managed by the department admin and it is easy to get a position if you are doing there a phd

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in teaching/research?   1 Answer