LSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LSE Interview Questions

Interviews at LSE

2.8

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Very friendly and professional to an extent that surprised me. But the bureaucracy to setting up the interview was unnecessarily complicated. Unbelievably receptive and open to requests and questions.

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LSE (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Straightforward and short, learn competencies of customer service. Make sure you read the steward handbook which has details on their regulations, such as fire and safety, policy of no reservation of seats, etc. Also ask to sign up for training of, for ex, wheelchair evacuation to show you're keen.

Interview Questions

• 1) what would you do if someone wanted to reserve a seat?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LSE.

Interview

I was required to submit a cv and cover letter. After this, I then was invited back for a face to face interview. It was in front of two senior members of the department.

IT Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LSE in February 2017.

Interview

A complete sham. This was an internal vacancy for a highly technical role, but the questions asked were only key skills based, i.e. teamwork, prioritising etc. I was expecting at least some technical questions in the interview and spent a good amount of time preparing for it. The manager was very unprofessional and was more interested in looking at the clock than paying attention to my answers. The second panel member was more respectful and the third panel member was a non-technical person who was there only for "political correctness" reasons. There was a 15 minute technical quiz at the end of the interview, which meant I didn't even get the chance to justify my answers or demonstrate my competency for the role. This was the 2nd time I went through such an interview at the LSE where the first time I was successful,

It became apparent that there was an agenda from this very disappointing interview experience at this reputable institution.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LSE (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

it was smooth, not much about questions,rather general and brief. questions were mostly about the past experience and when could i start.Are you the best candidate for the job?

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSE in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was simple. Applied on company site and two weeks later got invited for an interview via email.

The interview itself was OK. The panel was professional and friendly. They mainly asked competency based questions relating to the person specification. I was surprised no tests was administered during the interview. About an hour later I received an email explaining they were impressed and would like to invite me back for tests and a second interview. The tests involved a written test and a excel test which required me to present my findings back to the panel. Seemed a bit much for an administration position, this was the only thing I found off putting about the process.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LSE.

Interview

All via the job portal, quite a good system and connects to email. Interview was competency based and lifted from the job specification - make sure you've read it thoroughly! Department was really nice and interviews friendly and professional. Questions were standard interview questions, and completed an excel and word test (related to job, both easy). I didn't get an offer, feedback was good but unfortunately someone else was better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work/continue to work in HE?
      Tell me about a time you've had to build a network outside your usual network of people/colleagues.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSE.

Interview

Communication was all email based. One panel interview and a skills test. The panel interview involved standard competency based questions and the test involved completing a work related task. The test was completed in an open plan office with the other employees which was a bit distracting to be honest. The panel interview was fine although I didn't get a good sense of what the company culture is like for employees. Overall I felt the process only focused on finding out how closely your experience related to the person specification, and not whether you would fit with the current employees/team, ideally there would be more of a balance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have not delivered exceptional customer service? What did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LSE (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very poor. Initial instructions were vague - I had to e-mail to find the location of the interview. It took 2 weeks to produce a contract and then it was incorrect.

Interview Questions

• The questions were so easy I kept wondering if I was missing something - I wasn't. Totally standard competency based interview, but with rather more obvious questions than usual. Lots of interviewers - seemed unnecessary, especially since 2 of them didn't appear to understand the questions they were asking.   Answer Question

Interview

Online application on the University's Career Portal. Heard back after about two months. Single stage interview with the Project Manager. Interview was laid back and all about the job and how I would be interested. The offer was extended immediately following the interview.