LTD Commodities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LTD Commodities Interview Questions

2.2

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LTD Commodities (Bannockburn, IL).

Interview

I had an initial interview with an HR recruiter over the phone which was relatively easy as I already researched the company and its history. She then scheduled with to interview with one of the divisional managers on the product development team.

Interview Questions

• They asked about your previous job experiences, strengths, and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LTD Commodities (Bannockburn, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straightforward.

Walked into the office to drop off my resume. Spoke to a woman in HR that day and discussed the opportunity. The interview was scheduled for two days after.

As soon as the 1-on-1 interview ended, a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario in which you had to make a quick decision to resolve the conflict. How did it turn out?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LTD Commodities.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by in-person interview that only lasted about 10 minutes. Typical interview questions. It was fairly straight forward and required little to no preparation. I left feeling uncertain as to how the interview went but apparently that is fairly common.

IT Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LTD Commodities (Bannockburn, IL).

Interview

Process was quick. 1 call with recruiter, 1 phone screen with hiring manager, 1 onsite interview with couple of developers. Then got the offer in couple of days. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, was able to negotiate. Asked for 5k more and they accepted, which was a surprise.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LTD Commodities (Aurora, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen first and then she said she would like to schedule another (face to face) interview I was then interviewed by a group leader. I dressed in a casual suit (I am a female) and I would recommend wearing very nice business attire as you must wear business casual every day.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done before? What computer skills do you have? Have you ever worked in a call center? If so, what where the expectations? You will also be given a random item from their catalog and asked to sell it to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Employee Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LTD Commodities (Bannockburn, IL).

Interview

personal reference, phone interview, 3 interviews with management team, Staff is very welcoming and helpful. I was working another job at the time and they accommodated interviews around my schedule. There is a mandatory drug test and if you drive a company vehicle, there is a driving background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked my range and came to the lower end of it

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LTD Commodities (Aurora, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was basic, just walk in, tell a little about your self and you were practically hired, for seasonal that is.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was entry level and pay was near minimum.

Photo Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LTD Commodities.

Interview

I met with two different supervisors and an HR rep. They asked me basic interview questions. I had a portfolio they looked at.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected as far as interviews. Just be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted right away.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LTD Commodities (Lincolnshire, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Very very long process. 3 rounds of interview. They were not sure of what specific skills they were looking for until after 3 rounds of interview. HR person & Hiriing manager was very nice.

Interview Questions

• general questions. How will you verify test plans written by Users? How do you do load & performance testing in your current job?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bannockburn, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LTD Commodities (Bannockburn, IL).

Interview

Long, needlessly drawn out process that lasted for 2 months. I got a callback in September after applying in August, spoke on the phone with the recruiter, and then had an in-person interview.

From the moment I walked into the office, I got the feeling that this was an "old boys' club." Despite the company's supposed commitment to diversity, everything seemed to be run by older white and East Asian men. The women and people of color appeared to be working in lower paying positions, such as warehouse workers, administrative assistants, or customer service specialists. It does not surprise me one bit that in a company review, one Bannockburn worker complained about managers using racist, prejudiced language.

The interview questions were typical and not difficult at all. I met with three interviewers of varying levels. The first two interviewers I met with seemed nice and personable, but the last interviewer, the VP, veered off into irrelevant conversations, came across as awkward, and was not a very good interviewer in general. He complained about former employees who had previously held the position for which I was applying, each of whom had not lasted long before being given the pink slip, apparently--red flag!

As the company was having trouble finding candidates, the recruiter asked me to wait for several weeks so they could interview more people. As soon as I heard that, I moved on--I know that when a company feels the need to keep you on hold for weeks to look for more candidates, it's never a good sign, especially since it took them about 3 weeks just to get back to me about my application in the first place.

Sure enough, I received my "screw you" letter from them a couple of weeks later (to their credit, at least they sent one). However, after I viewed the recent Bannockburn worker's review that mentioned the prejudiced language and incompetent managers, which confirmed my suspicions, I felt that I had dodged a bullet.

My advice: if you're a woman or a person of color (or both) looking to work here, stay away! Let them keep their old boys' club; outdated ideas are the kiss of death when it comes to print publications (they already have had to downsize from 2500 to 1500 employees over the past couple of years).