LUMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LUMS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.5

Visiting Faculty Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LUMS.

Interview

I did a presentation on my previous research. I was asked to pitch it at an undergrad level. The presentation was videotaped as it was in the US and then sent over to LUMS faculty. A few people were in attendance. The lecture was followed up by a phone call that was mostly a social conversation. I didn't hear anything for several months afterward. The offer was made in a phone call. Got offer letter after I started working.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LUMS (Lahore (Pakistan)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very good - the professor asked me about my experience with Computer Vision and Python. I really enjoyed the student environment over there, their passion to work.

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LUMS (Lahore (Pakistan)) in May 2015.

Interview

Three Steps Interview
    1. first step was Technical Skill Test
    2. Second was Interview with Director HR
    3. and finally Interview with the Supervisor
    After that I had to wait for two weeks to get the contract. 6 months of Probation and then a permanent job.

Interview Questions

• 1. What i the typing speed?
      2. Why should we hire you?
      3. Why do you want to leave your previous job?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

It wasn't much...

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LUMS (Lahore (Pakistan)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy, basic questions about time management and previous experience. Questions were also asked about the course at hand, and about my GPA. Why was I interested in this particular course, etc.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage your courses and the TAship?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LUMS (Lahore (Pakistan)) in December 2012.

Interview

I got a call from HR officer that they got my CV for this position and when can i come for interview. I scheduled it on a week day aftoer 2 interviews one with technical team & other with HR they finalized me. I got call of my offer after 2 days to which i accepted after a bit of negotiation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated on salary on which they agreed to my term easily.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LUMS (Lahore (Pakistan)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied via an email, was contacted via an email and via phone. Appeared before the department, was interviewed by two people in separate sessions.
    Awaiting the call for another one.

Interview Questions

• None to be precise. Was more about me and my knowledge of the tasks that had to be performed.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore Cantonment (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LUMS (Lahore Cantonment (Pakistan)) in August 2012.

Interview

Ask an instructor. If he feels that you are good enough, then you are hired

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LUMS (Lahore (Pakistan)) in May 2012.

Interview

Saw the position via email. Emailed the professor. He asked for resume. Emailed him the resume. He asked to meet him. I met him at his office. Contacted me by email to offer me the position. Accepted the offer in 2 days. Came to him and signed the contract. Done!!!

Audit Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LUMS (Lahore (Pakistan)) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially i applied for the post of Internal Audit officer in a renowned group. I was selected after 2 consecutive one to one interviews. The final one with HR Director. After selection he told me about the JD"S of the Audit Officer which was not relevant to the Audit Officer. It was just kind of stock checking on different outlets of the company which also requires travelling to different cities. So i declined this offer.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Because the Job description describe to me was not relevant to the Audit Officer job which i had applied for.

Security Warden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LUMS (Lahore (Pakistan)) in April 2012.

Interview

very nice and good ,1st department interview then HR

i never decline