La Petite Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Pre-K Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Federal Way, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was great. The director is very friendly and wants to see staff grow. Also all the ideas that I want to implement and use in the program were welcomed along with the curriculum that is already set and the main goal is to make sure the children are reaching each Milestone to help them grow and develop into a strong learning experience for them to carry on to the next level of their Scholastic lives.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the program?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Easy phone interview followed by onsite interview with very basic HR behavioral questions regarding the position. They seemed to have lots of people interview in the same day. I got the position on the spot the same day I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Can you work under pressure? Can you multitask? Will you be willing to relocate? Have you ever had a problem with another coworker and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Seattle, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Basic interview questions with several scenarios presented. Much of the time spent was filling out a written application. Met some of the workers at the facility but it did not seem very diverse.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

They asked me what my experience was working in childcare and/or education. You also often get a tour of the facility. They are very friendly it was a nice interview process

Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Lithonia, GA).

Interview

Right off the bat the interview started unprofessionally there was no one at the front gate to even let me into the building I had to get let in by a parent. then I waited there at the front desk for five minutes over hearing them talk about other applicants. then when I got into the interview , they asked the same basic questions everyone does but then they put me in infant room for 30 minutes without any warning to see how I would do it was very unprofessional as I was told previously there there was a two step Process to the interview. after that trial was over I was then made to sit at the front desk until the assistant director got off the phone from gossiping with someone else and beside me was a child In time out .

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

It was relatively simple. Process took about 90 minutes. 30 for interview then an hour in prospective classroom. The interview was pretty standard for a childcare center. One on one with the director. During the classroom hour, they just want to see how you interact with the kids and give you a feel for the room and the kids.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy in November 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was on the phone and was a pre-screening. Then I had an interview with the director in person the next morning. I was interviewed in the front of the day care where parents were constantly coming in to pick up their children. It was very loud and disruptive. I was asked questions about my past work experience and school schedule. I was then told to come in the next day for a tour. I was given the impression I was most likely hired. I wasn't given the chance to ask any questions.

I came in the next morning for the tour. For the tour, I was actually just watching a class. I was not actually given a tour. I was asked if I could handle the teacher position. During the interview with the director, we did not talk about this position or my experience in it at all. I was told the cook position was filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Stockton, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was simple. I applied and I got an email the same day saying my application was accepted and pushed further along. About a week later I got a call wanting to set up an interview.

I got to the interview. Rang the doorbell 3 times and no on let me in. I called and the director answered and I was finally about to get into the facility. She was sitting at the desk the whole time by the door.

I had to wait for the assistant director to get off of her lunch before I could interview. The director made casual (yet super awkward) conversation with me while I waited. A prospective customer came in to get information and the director was very dismissive and short with him.

I finally get to have my interview and it was the standard questions. The director got up during the middle of my interview and left. I felt this to be very rude. I also had to interview in the middle of all of the children and other employees. The facility smelled very foul as well.

I was told I would get a YES or NO answer by the end of the week or beginning of next. Never heard anything. Come 3 weeks later I got an email saying I was not qualified. I am disappointed in the lack of professionalism with this facility. I’m almost done with my masters degree yet I’m not qualified? Okay.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone. There were a lot of questions, mostly situational. Because of my education and background it wasn't difficult. They have a very high turnover so I could tell they needed someone badly.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

I got a call back within a week of applying, went in a day after being called in for an interview. The interview was a joke, the director just gossiped with me about the families that went there and told me how catty some of the employees were. She then proceeded to ask me two job related questions, admitted that she wanted me to work there and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with work place drama?   1 Answer