La Petite Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Pre-K Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Federal Way, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was great. The director is very friendly and wants to see staff grow. Also all the ideas that I want to implement and use in the program were welcomed along with the curriculum that is already set and the main goal is to make sure the children are reaching each Milestone to help them grow and develop into a strong learning experience for them to carry on to the next level of their Scholastic lives.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the program?   1 Answer

Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Lithonia, GA).

Interview

Right off the bat the interview started unprofessionally there was no one at the front gate to even let me into the building I had to get let in by a parent. then I waited there at the front desk for five minutes over hearing them talk about other applicants. then when I got into the interview , they asked the same basic questions everyone does but then they put me in infant room for 30 minutes without any warning to see how I would do it was very unprofessional as I was told previously there there was a two step Process to the interview. after that trial was over I was then made to sit at the front desk until the assistant director got off the phone from gossiping with someone else and beside me was a child In time out .

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

It was relatively simple. Process took about 90 minutes. 30 for interview then an hour in prospective classroom. The interview was pretty standard for a childcare center. One on one with the director. During the classroom hour, they just want to see how you interact with the kids and give you a feel for the room and the kids.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy in November 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was on the phone and was a pre-screening. Then I had an interview with the director in person the next morning. I was interviewed in the front of the day care where parents were constantly coming in to pick up their children. It was very loud and disruptive. I was asked questions about my past work experience and school schedule. I was then told to come in the next day for a tour. I was given the impression I was most likely hired. I wasn't given the chance to ask any questions.

I came in the next morning for the tour. For the tour, I was actually just watching a class. I was not actually given a tour. I was asked if I could handle the teacher position. During the interview with the director, we did not talk about this position or my experience in it at all. I was told the cook position was filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Stockton, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was simple. I applied and I got an email the same day saying my application was accepted and pushed further along. About a week later I got a call wanting to set up an interview.

I got to the interview. Rang the doorbell 3 times and no on let me in. I called and the director answered and I was finally about to get into the facility. She was sitting at the desk the whole time by the door.

I had to wait for the assistant director to get off of her lunch before I could interview. The director made casual (yet super awkward) conversation with me while I waited. A prospective customer came in to get information and the director was very dismissive and short with him.

I finally get to have my interview and it was the standard questions. The director got up during the middle of my interview and left. I felt this to be very rude. I also had to interview in the middle of all of the children and other employees. The facility smelled very foul as well.

I was told I would get a YES or NO answer by the end of the week or beginning of next. Never heard anything. Come 3 weeks later I got an email saying I was not qualified. I am disappointed in the lack of professionalism with this facility. I’m almost done with my masters degree yet I’m not qualified? Okay.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone. There were a lot of questions, mostly situational. Because of my education and background it wasn't difficult. They have a very high turnover so I could tell they needed someone badly.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

I got a call back within a week of applying, went in a day after being called in for an interview. The interview was a joke, the director just gossiped with me about the families that went there and told me how catty some of the employees were. She then proceeded to ask me two job related questions, admitted that she wanted me to work there and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with work place drama?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Yukon, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Yukon, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

A interview questionnaire that the Director went through asking me. She also asked questions about college and why did I choose to apply at her center. She went over policies at her center and asked if I disagreed with any of her policies. One particular policy was no cellphones were allowed in the building.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are changing a diaper and you look over and see another child standing on the table?   1 Answer

Lead Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Charleston, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Pleasant, I felt very comfortable and she made sure she explained everything to me. The Director was very Professional . She made sure I didn't have any questions. She was caring, compassionate about the center. She talked with several parents that were there. They referred me and I sent my resume and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been in child care, what was my greatest accomplishment working with the children, what is my strongest and weakest in working in child care setting, have i ever been fired , how do I handle difficult situations whether its a child or parent.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Riverview, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Nice interview, answering questions about my experience, what would I do in different situations, which is the group of students where I am more comfortable being with, when can I start

Interview Questions

• Which is your Phiosophy in education   1 Answer