La Petite Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Pre-K Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Federal Way, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was great. The director is very friendly and wants to see staff grow. Also all the ideas that I want to implement and use in the program were welcomed along with the curriculum that is already set and the main goal is to make sure the children are reaching each Milestone to help them grow and develop into a strong learning experience for them to carry on to the next level of their Scholastic lives.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the program?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

I went in to the daycare for the interview and after all the questions they gave me a tour. I actually interviewed with the assistant director instead of the director which was interesting because in my prior daycare interviews I had interviewed with the director (she was there when I went in and was not busy doing anything so I'm not sure why she didn't interview me). They asked me about past experiences and gave me situations to see how I would respond to them.

Interview Questions

• One of your children bit another child, how would you handle this situation? How would you discipline the child? How would you treat the wound?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Brandon, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quite easy; she presented me with a lot of scenarios that could happen at the facility and I had to tell her what I would do. A lot of my answers came from my experience working at other child care facilities, but there were also some that I really had to think on my feet for.

Interview Questions

• If X and Y are friends and they get into an argument, and X hits Y, what would you do when X's mother comes in upset?   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy in May 2016.

Interview

They contacted me several days after I applied online, and the assistant I spoke with just asked me general questions over the phone. I received a call the following day asking to set up an interview time. The interview was conducted very poorly. The director asked me maybe 4 or 5 questions (mostly just situational questions) while the assistant rated my answers on a sheet of paper. The interview lasted little more than 5 minutes, and the interviewer asked very vague questions and did not answer any of the questions I had for her. They did not give me any information about how or when I would possibly be contacted following the interview. I have 4 years of experience in a licensed childcare facility and many more years of experience with children. I was very disappointed with how the entire process was handled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult parent   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

You come in and you get asked questions about your experience in the field and how you would react to certain situations? For example did you ever have issues with a coworker? How did you solve some issues you encountered at work? They don't believe in time out so how would you deal with a child that has a meltdown?

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have issues with a former employee or customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

In the middle of completing the character assessment portion of my application online, La Petite called me to schedule an interview. The person on the phone was not very polite, even harshly asking me why I didn't finish the online application....

Interview Questions

The interviewer was condescending and it seemed like she did not treat her employees with respect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Chula Vista, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was, easy, they just ask you basic question about working with children or the knowledge you have.Nothing special of out of the ordinary, I think they person, i had the interviewed with had a list of questions, she was checking off, things as I answered.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a child's attention?   1 Answer

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La Petite Academy in November 2013.

Interview

I walked in and picked up an application, filled it out and returned it. I got a call back within a week and started working the following week. I had to do TB and HIV test done. I also had to apply for a background check on-line. You have to pay for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was fine. However, the way they told me that I didn't receive the position was very unprofessional. They told me by email. The building is also kind of dirty and the manager'a office was a total wreck.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if more then one child wanted your attention at the same time.   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

Went very well. Applied online made sure to place my resume and continuously called to update them about my application and openings. They later called and wanted to schedule an interview ( 2 different locations) Went for the interviews asked questions about activity plans, different age groups, why I like children etc. Make sure to ask questions! After that gave me a tour. Later called me and offered me the position!

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily difficult, as long as you know the general info of early childhood as well as health such as what to do in case of an emergency, diaper changing or wounds you will be good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$10.00/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waunakee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Waunakee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

After I sent in my resume and cover letter, I was told to take an assessment online. It laid out specific situations and asked you to pick the choice that best describes what you would do in that situation. Some questions asked you to rate yourself against others on how well you could perform a math problem dealing with decimals, fractions. The assessment took about an hour and a half, if I remember correctly. The last part of the assessment tested calendar and chart reading skills. You had a specific amount of time to answer roughly 40 questions. The following morning, I received a call to come in for an interview. I met with the director a few days later. It took a long time for them to make a decision, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult child and explain how you handled him/her.   1 Answer