La Petite Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

La Petite Academy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.1

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy.

Interview

I got a call back within a week of applying, went in a day after being called in for an interview. The interview was a joke, the director just gossiped with me about the families that went there and told me how catty some of the employees were. She then proceeded to ask me two job related questions, admitted that she wanted me to work there and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with work place drama?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glen Carbon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Glen Carbon, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online.
    The assistant director called me the next day and asked me to come in for an interview. She told me to bring in my Resume, transcripts from college (I'm still a student), references and a photo ID.
    The interview lasted about 20 minutes. She asked "what would you do" questions such as: If a child was hitting another child, what would you do?
    She was writing down and grading my answers on a sheet of paper.
    After that she gave me a tour of the school.
    Then she asked if I could come back for an Observation Interview. I accepted and then came came back 2 days later. During the observation interview I basically just followed two separate teachers around and they told me everything they could about how the school works. After about 2 hours the assistant director came back to the classroom to get me. She took me into a tiny office in the front of the building where I did my first interview and told me the Head Director wanted to interview me. The Head Director came in and basically asked questions about my availability and experience with children.
    She asked why I wanted to work at her facility and then asked if I had any questions.
    After that she had me fill out a background check waiver and then took my fingerprints.
    She thanked me for coming and said they would get back to me. 3 days later the Head Director called me and said my Background check came back and that everything was fine. She said she wanted to offer me a position and she was sending all of my info to the corporate manager so he could determine an hourly pay rate.
    3 days later they called me back and offered me a job. It all took a little more than a week, but it was so worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yukon, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Yukon, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

A interview questionnaire that the Director went through asking me. She also asked questions about college and why did I choose to apply at her center. She went over policies at her center and asked if I disagreed with any of her policies. One particular policy was no cellphones were allowed in the building.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are changing a diaper and you look over and see another child standing on the table?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Riverview, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Nice interview, answering questions about my experience, what would I do in different situations, which is the group of students where I am more comfortable being with, when can I start

Interview Questions

• Which is your Phiosophy in education   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benbrook, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Benbrook, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Did not ask me anything. Office was a wreck. Personal files laying out everywhere. Hired on the spot but took 2 months to fully hire me. I wish I didn't get Sucked BACK into this company. I wish I would of ran and ran fast.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was so smooth she was a very easy person to talk to. She ask very good questions, was very professional. Also she showed me around the facility and introduced me to the staff. I can honestly say i could see myself working there.

Interview Questions

• When i started caring for children?   1 Answer

Infant Teacher Interview

Interview

In person interview regarding education and experience. Done in the front desk where everyone who comes in can see and hear. There wasnt many questiona and seem unorganized. The interview was rushed.

Low salary.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

You come in and you get asked questions about your experience in the field and how you would react to certain situations? For example did you ever have issues with a coworker? How did you solve some issues you encountered at work? They don't believe in time out so how would you deal with a child that has a meltdown?

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have issues with a former employee or customer?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Moore, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Mainly just asked questions about how I would handle certain situations with children and parents. She explained to me what to expect and I watched a class for about 10 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

In the middle of completing the character assessment portion of my application online, La Petite called me to schedule an interview. The person on the phone was not very polite, even harshly asking me why I didn't finish the online application....

Interview Questions

The interviewer was condescending and it seemed like she did not treat her employees with respect.