La Petite Academy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at La Petite Academy

2.1
HardAverageEasy
Found 123 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at La Petite Academy (United States)

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. The director was warm and welcoming. He did a very good job keeping the classrooms clean and the children separated especially given Covid times.

Interview Questions
  • Experience , interactions with children, programming , and overall education background
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (United States)

Interview

I was greeted with a very friendly school director! She sat down in the front of the school and asked me questions and wrote down my answers. The whole process took maybe 30-45 minutes

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a child that persistently climbs on the shelves?
  • How would you handle a child that persistently bites?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Tucson, AZ)

Interview

Applied online, and few days after I had an phone interview with the HR person. And she helped me scheudle to meet with the director which I appreciate a lot. Went to an interview 2 days later, the staff asked if i could wait for another hour for the interview. I said yes, becasue i understand how busy it could get in a school. Came back after an hour, interview was relaxing, it was mostly about my experience. It went pretty well and the director said she will talk up to the management. And my hope was up. Then, I haven't heard back from them for the next 10 days, so I reached out to the HR. HR said director will be reaching out to me for another interview. Thanked her and waited for another 10 days since I don't want to seem annoying. Reached out to the HR again. She told me the director said she has not heard back from me but she can go ahead to scheudle the interview for us. (First, I have reached out to them. Second, I do not get any email/ miss call from the company, and neither do i have the direct contact of the director) Politely thanked the HR again, apologized for the back and forths, and also gave her my availability. Her next email was really informal and she scheduled the appointment on a date that I am not available on. So I honestly was fed up in the process, and told her I won't be going to the interview. Her next email was "best of luck" So overall I had a bad experience because of the disorganization and unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Deltona, FL
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Deltona, FL) in Mar 2019

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. The director kept getting phone calls throughout the interview so it did last a bit, but overall the interview went pretty good. The questions asked were mainly scenarios of different situations that would happen in daycare, and how you would resolve each problem.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (United States)

Interview

My interview process was pretty standard. I was asked about my background and why I wanted to work with the company. Also, I was asked why I would be good at the position I had applied for.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for La Petite?
Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Pensacola, FL) in Jan 2019

Interview

Interview was about 45 mins to an hour long. Teachers were very nice and open. Make sure to review your resume for a smooth and easy conversation. Questions mostly consists of common sense type answers.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think makes a great Teacher?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Lithonia, GA) in Oct 2018

Interview

I applied via Indeed for one location but a different location called to schedule an interview. My interview took place in the morning. Upon initial appearance the building is run down & very old. The front door is locked & can only be unlocked by the front office assistant. There is a tv screen that displays the classroom activity so you can get an idea of the entire place & what the kids do. I waited a few minutes for the site director to become ready for our interview. I arrived 15 minutes early. The interview took place in a small closet like room. The site director looked over my resume & asked me about my experience. There was only one situational question and no personality questions. I also did not have to take any assessments online. It was more so about needs in the center. The site director expressed that she needed someone that wants a career and not just a job. I met with her for about 10 minutes max. Afterward, you are required to do a "working interview." The working interview consists of being able to manage a group of kids while doing an activity (i.e. reading them a story, singing a song, etc.) I found this uncomfortable only because the lead teacher did not help at all. It was like throwing someone that couldn't swim into a pool & watching them drown. Luckily for me, kids love me so it was no problem getting them to like me but it was difficult getting them to listen & sit while I read. That took about 30 minutes & I got through 2 books out of 3. Following that, I got interviewed again with the assistant site director & she asked more so preference questions (i.e age group, availability, hours, potty training, bus experience to drive, etc.) She briefly expressed the day-to-day task but made sure to tell that everyone is responsible for cleaning bathrooms. She never mentioned hourly & I forgot to ask. I found this whole interview process very unusual. I'm supposed to wait until Monday for a call back but I will be declining.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (West Chester, OH) in Oct 2018

Interview

Calm relxaed and not overly friendly. qurstions were simple and we tended to make detours to chit chat but never got too far off track. its apartent they care about their kids

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with separation anxiety in a student
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Simi Valley, CA)

Interview

The location where I interviewed seemed very disorganized. I got an email asking to set up a phone interview, which never happened. I had two in-person interviews (which both seemed to go very well), and after each one, the director told me she would call back within 3 days. In reality, she didn't get back to me until I tried multiple times to contact her asking for an update. Eventually she told me they had filled the position. More than SIX MONTHS LATER, I received another email like the original, inviting me to set up a phone interview. Needless to say, I didn't try again.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at La Petite Academy (Crystal Lake, IL) in Sep 2018

Interview

Met first with the asst director, who showed me around each classroom, and then had a sit down with the director, who was very high energy and put together. She told me about the job, curriculum, benefits, and hiring process (which included sending my information to corporate online).

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Viewing 1 - 10 of 123