La Trobe University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at La Trobe University

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at La Trobe University

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La Trobe University (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Standard application, shortlisted then interviewed by a panel of three. The process appears to ask questions where the interviewers expected answers that conformed to their understanding of the subject matter, which was perceived as limited to an educational institution, traditional and favoring conservative answers that may not display a breadth of understanding obtained by working in several industries and/or combined with qualifications.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at La Trobe University (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

One face-to-face interview with two senior staff (one the direct manager) and an external colleague. Behavioural interview with structured questions; very formal. This was followed up by an 'informal interview' with the two senior staff. The questions were scenarios and the interview was as formally conducted as the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• What budget management experience have you had?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate but the person I was speaking to did not have the authority to make decisions so it was fruitless.

Lab Demonstrator Interview

Interview

Meeting with the course coordinator. Fairly straight forward interview. They ask what experience and studies you have done previously. They will take you through the requirements of what is needed. If you are doing post graduate studies, you are more likely to get this position.

Casual Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bundoora (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at La Trobe University (Bundoora (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

International Student Services division of La Trobe University internally advertised (sending e-mails to La Trobe University's on-campus accommodation residents in Bundoora campus and student volunteers) the position. Applicants who applied first were given preferences and were contacted by one of the staffs of La Trobe International. E-mails have been exchanged and the interview was conducted in person.

Project Officer (Graduate) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at La Trobe University (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

There were several rounds of online testing before the interviews. The interview was conducted during the assessment center. The assessment center involved a written component, a mock meeting, and a behavioural interview. In the behavioural interview they asked many different behavioural questions which were quite general as we were all applying to be part of the Graduate Development Program.