Labatt Food Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2017

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was a Skype interview where I spoke with two upper level management people. They didn't ask anything about what I knew about the company and mostly asked about stuff on my resume. Easy going and easy to talk to.

The second round was at their San Antonio office. Although I had generally positive opinions of the company before and everyone I met was really nice, there were certain things I noticed during the interview that really made me question the company and made me feel uneasy about working there. First off, I was put into a room with two interviews with a set list of questions they had to ask me. These questions were standard interview questions, but because there were about 40 of these, many of which repeated the same question with different wording, it got really tiring. They were also recording all my responses by hand which I thought was outdated and time consuming. You could tell that they were also getting physically exhausted. I didn't really see the point of doing something like this. The questions were all standard and nothing difficult.

Secondly, I "job-shadowed" two other business analysts where they just sat in a room and told me about the projects they were working on. I connected really well with both of them and thought the work they were doing was pretty interesting, but I was concerned with the fact that their projects seemed like stuff that should have been implemented 20 years ago. Additionally, one of them was a senior business analyst who had been working there for 9 years, which was odd considering she was still in a cubicle and didn't have any authority over younger personnel. It seemed like all she really had was a title that didn't mean anything in terms of responsibility. I assume that it's because the company is really small so there's not much room to move up.
    Finally, I got a tour of the company which I thought was cool. But overall, I just felt like the company was too small and old-fashioned for my taste. It's a family run business that is trying to do big things, but I think it needs to change the way it's running the company for that to really take root. Didn't seem like a great place to innovate, considering they're behind in their tech.

The main thing that turned me off about the company was the sales director who contacted me a few hours later about an offer. He tried to vet me and ask sensitive questions about the other company I had an offer from, which I felt was unprofessional and slimy. He also verbally gave me a salary amount and deadline, but never sent me an official offer letter by email, which I thought was also unprofessional and suspicious. I felt like he was trying to con me the whole time. It was unfortunate though because everyone else I met there was really nice and made me feel welcome.

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The hr manager and highering manager were prompt and courteous though be aware that they did not compensate for mileage expenses so if you drive a few hours a couple of times like I did you could be out a lot of gas money.

Interview Questions

• A lot of IT audit related questions, some on processes and policies, and software dev experience.   Answer Question

Entry-level Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and I could almost hold the sheet of paper she was reading the questions from. Most of the questions seemed irrelevant to the position and were weird questions to ask for a phone screen. I then had a Skype interview with the hiring manager in which she was 30 minutes late to and didn't seem apologetic about it. I didn't shed too many tears when I got a rejection letter a few days later.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service in April 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview and second was a Skype interview. The first interview was with the HR specialist and the second interview was with the head engineer. The first interview consisted of questions to get to know me; second interview was some of the same basic questions plus job-specific questions

Software Developer Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service.

Interview

I applied online in my University Career web page. I got a phone message after about 3 weeks about schedule a phone interviewed. The interviewer was more than 30 minutes. A lot of personality and general qualifications.

Class A Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service in January 2016.

Interview

Outdated and non sense pallet test. 6months exp needed even if you had you have exp and all endorsements they might not choose you.....no other job mk you do that bs for no pay plus slow hiring process good luck .......

Interview Questions

• do you have 6months exp........if you have 6months you can be cheated out of it by favortism   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a breeze. Day one was a test. Day 2 was a physical and organizational test. Day 3 was a 1-on-1 interview. Day 4 was a physical and drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my expectations of hired   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied for the position and had a phone interview for the Sales Coordinator job. After a successful interview, I was told they would actually consider me for a Sales Rep position in their 18-month training program, a higher up role with a better salary than what I had originally applied for.

I then had an interview with a sales manager in person, followed by a third interview with a VP of Sales. Feeling that each of these went well, and that they had recommended me for the higher position, I was surprised to hear from them weeks later (via US mail) that I didn't receive either of the positions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard. It took a little longer than I would have liked but overall it was fine. Asked some personality questions and some simple programming stuff. The family member was a little arrogant and a bit fluffy but the other people were nice.

Interview Questions

• Data structure, database sql questions but nothing too complicated   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I didn't feel like I could as it was a only a mid level role.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service.

Interview

Interview required paper work to be filled out and could not do it online. After that I was shuttled to another building. I found out the interview was with HR and not someone that actually deals with what the job pertains. All their questions were about my work history. Clearly they are looking to weed out or avoid what they see as potential lawsuits. I felt the interview was more of a psychoanalysis and guessing than based on job skill.