Lamar University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lamar University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.5

Adjunct Interview

Interview

It was easy for adjunct. Send in your resume to the department chair. And then they contact me to offer the adjunt. So it was pretty simple. I did not have to interview. I have been adjuct for almost 5 years.

Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lamar University (Beaumont, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very informative interview of what job entails and expectations for the position. Small department. Looking for a good fit and someone wanting to stay long term. I would have loved working there but there was concerns that I was over qualified and would not be satisfied long term

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lamar University (Beaumont, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was well constructed with questions that were fairly easy to answer. It was a 1:1 interview, giving me time to respond adequately. The interview was around 20 minutes long and I had the time to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• How to you plan to handle multiple deadlines?   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lamar University (Beaumont, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Three steps, individual, group and then individual again. If you can work together, speak up, and have people skills then you're good. It's great for those who don't have a great academic record because they look for people skills

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge you've dealt with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lamar University (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I came into the office and got to interview face to face, I showed him my printed portfolio and my digital portfolio with my newest projects got good feedback on my work and advice on my portfolio, so in the end it was more of a portfolio review, but the interview went well and the owner was cool and excited about my work and what I've been up to. An overall friendly interview and guy.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based off work that I showed him, like;
      Why did you do this design this way?
      Did you design the whole mock up?
      What did you learn in China?
      Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lamar University (Beaumont, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

2 interview process, second one with panel of resident directors, team building activities in group interview. Laid back. Took a couple weeks to hear back. Sent an email if we were selected and assigned to a specific hall.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lamar University (Beaumont, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers alternated asking questions. They wrote down almost every word I spoke. Questions were mostly standard but included one curve ball (kitchen utensil question). The position was found by word-of-mouth, so the interview was more of a formality for me. It is a good position for me while I continue to work towards my master's degree. I can't wait to get a real job and move out of beaumont.

Interview Questions

• If you were a kitchen utensil, what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lamar University (Beaumont, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

form fillout with course registration and hours available for job,previous employment,
    in person question and answers,in person interview,brief questions about basic chemistry,brief questions about basic chemistry,

Interview Questions

• brief questions about basic chemistry   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations,but just about availability for the syudents

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lamar University.

Interview

2 interviews - 1 required from career and testing, the other is for the dept hiring you.

Usually interview questions are pretty standard with dept specific questions thrown in.

Limited number of jobs makes it slightly more competitive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage per hour, up to 20 hours per week is usually the norm.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lamar University (Beaumont, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Most of the faculty are interested in PhD students. It is always beneficial to take the courses of the faculty before joining his research group. After sending my CV to the faculty, I was asked to explain one of his research papers.

Interview Questions

• Regarding research interests. I was given a research paper and was asked to explain.   Answer Question