Landor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Landor (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I contacted the design director directly through a connection. HR then scheduled a first interview, in person with said design director, that included a portfolio review. I was then scheduled for a second interview with a larger team, again talking about the role and reviewing my portfolio. At the end of that second interview, I was offered the internship.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Landor (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Somewhat relaxed interview process with most attention paid to cultural fit and then discipline expertise. Tip - show real passion for what you are seeking to do and show collaborative attitude. Much emphasis is placed on creativity, regardless of role so be sure to talk about how you are creative in what you do (even for non-design roles).

Interview Questions

• What are some key changes you've noticed in how brands are built today from say five or ten years ago?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is some room but not much. Pick the fewest most important things a d focus on that.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Landor (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward, two phone conversations. Need to show a real interest and understanding of branding to succeed, pick out some of your favorite brands, campaigns and advertisements to talk about. Should also look out for a brand that you don't like, or don't think are doing the right things.

Straight forward behavioral questions were a part of the second round of interview. The first was to gauge your understanding of branding.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite brand.
      What three words describe you?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Landor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Landor will occasionally use outside contract consultants for several years and then hire them in. That was my process and experience.

Negotiation

Several weeks of back and forth over details. Legal counsel was needed over one or two points of the offer letter.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landor (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

One on one, discussing my work and what types of positions they were looking to fill. We sat in a conference room and looked at my website. The size and types of teams varied greatly. It seemed like they had a variety of different types of projects but there wasn't a single thread that connected the type of work (Consumer packaging, company logos, etc)

Interview Questions

• Is there any type of client you would object working on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Landor (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Basically, they just wanted to see what the "competition" was doing in town. Most people that were scheduled to interview me dropped out and did not show. I found this downright disrespectful as a seasoned professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any style boards from P&G projects?   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Landor.

Interview

Submitted application online, and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. Scheduled a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with the person that I would report to. Both interviews went really well. Everyone I interacted with was really nice and easy to talk to. Unfortunately I was not offered the position. The process took roughly 3 weeks.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landor (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. The first one was with the HR Manager for the background check and the second one was with the creative director. The questions were very straight forward.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Landor (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Quick sit down with each panelist. We discussed my portfolio in depth. Then we moved to more complex subjects such as personality traits. Make sure you know the history of the company and their current work. Also have a POV on contemporary work.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Landor (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Chaotic...too many changes to interview time and after getting hired I realized that the persons who interviewed me were both under qualified to interview and not the right persons to begin with for the position I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't one. Take it or leave it.

Designer Interview

Interview

Very "unfriendly" first impression. Felt rushed through the process and like I was intruding on peoples' time.