Landor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Landor (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I contacted the design director directly through a connection. HR then scheduled a first interview, in person with said design director, that included a portfolio review. I was then scheduled for a second interview with a larger team, again talking about the role and reviewing my portfolio. At the end of that second interview, I was offered the internship.

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landor.

Interview

They interview me at a little coffee table and share hotspot with me instead of company guest wifi. The interview went well and the feedbacks are professional. I am just surprised about the interview process.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Landor (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I had five conversations:
    1. With recruiter over the phone
    2. With hiring manager
    3. With region president and practice lead
    4. With hiring manager
    5. With hiring manager and region president

There were some scheduling difficulties (i.e. I was supposed to come in one day for an interview, but they had neglected to tell me that I had been scheduled for an interview at all). But everyone, from receptionist to region president, were extremely warm, welcoming, kind, intelligent, and respectful.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about names of people I'd worked with. I think this was to gauge my reactions to those people (i.e. to determine fit if it was something they liked/admired/respected or not).   1 Answer

Content Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landor.

Interview

Started with a phone screener with HR, then a face-to-face with three members of the team. The interview process itself was fine. I emailed everyone I spoke to to thank them. Then I followed up a week later and got a response that they were still deciding, but they would keep me posted. Another follow-up a week later, no response. A third follow-up, no response. So, they never even emailed me back to let me know I didn't get the job. Really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself professionally in five years?   Answer Question

Director, Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Landor.

Interview

HR was extremely professional and respectful of my time, experience and generally interested in getting to know me as an individual. The C Suite was matter of fact and did not engage in a dialogue - I listened more than shared anything about myself, my POV or approach.

Interview Questions

• Would I bring talent and/or clients with me regardless of my ethical or contractual obligation to my current employer?   1 Answer

Culturally it was not the right fit.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Landor.

Interview

I emailed in my résumé, cover letter, and (optional) work samples, and within three weeks received an email requesting a first-round interview with a Senior Strategist. The second round was with a Client Manager about a week and a half later, and the third and final round was with both a Senior Director and HR Coordinator a little over two weeks after that.

All three interviews were conducted over the phone, and all of the interviewers were very friendly and engaged. It was clear that they enjoy what they do and want to see the same level of interest and enthusiasm from job candidates.

I'd recommend that applicants demonstrate their competency by making thoughtful observations about current branding issues and by communicating what they know about Landor specifically, not brand consulting firms in general. Company leaders regularly contribute to business publications and other news media, so this shouldn't be difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay rate is non-negotiable and there's no housing stipend; however, the company does allow for some flexibility with start and end dates.

Designer Interview

Interview

Very "unfriendly" first impression. Felt rushed through the process and like I was intruding on peoples' time.

Client Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Landor (New York, NY).

Interview

I sent my resume for the internship and was contacted first by the intern coordinator and later by HR. Both behavioral and experiential-based interviews. They asked about my past internships, why I was interested in branding, about classes, etc. HR also seemed interested in what other types of companies I was applying to, if any.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand and why?   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Landor (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Basically, they just wanted to see what the "competition" was doing in town. Most people that were scheduled to interview me dropped out and did not show. I found this downright disrespectful as a seasoned professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any style boards from P&G projects?   1 Answer

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Landor (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

I was prepared for this interview, but the format was not conveyed to me beforehand and was rushed and unexpected. I arrived twenty minutes early, and the HR manager seemed thrown off by this. The interview process was chunked into three 30 minute meetings with different teams.

Each team had their own set of questions and personality - I made connections with each of the brand leaders and asked them questions about their leadership styles and things they appreciated about the company and how their team functioned as a group.

I was told the hiring would be very quick as they had a lot of work and needed to get started immediately, but then came in for a second interview with yet another team two weeks later.

I did not hear back for another three weeks and rightly guessed that they had moved forward with other candidates who were more entry level.

It seems like a great place to work with fun people who work and play hard.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Landor (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Quick sit down with each panelist. We discussed my portfolio in depth. Then we moved to more complex subjects such as personality traits. Make sure you know the history of the company and their current work. Also have a POV on contemporary work.   1 Answer