Latham & Watkins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Latham & Watkins

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The job was obtained through a recruiting firm. There was an initial meeting with a partner, followed by meetings with a couple more partners and a few associates. The meetings were held at the firm's office. Second round had a greater focus on fit and personality. Offer came within a couple of weeks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Very easy interview process- they asked about my previous experience and why I was interested in the firm. The process took about 2 weeks from the screener to the callback and I was given 3 months to decide. I then went to a few dinner/coffees with associates prior to accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Latham? When so many firms are so similar why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

two screening interviews on the phone followed by a one and a half hour in person interview with three attorneys. It took them over 3 weeks to get back to me after the in person.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage time, what is your background in this area   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple OCI stuff. The interviewer was much more laid back than some of the folks from different firms, but I guess that's what might have caught me off-guard. I may have been a bit too casual with him since he seemed pretty laid back. In hind sight, I could've figured out a better way to remain professional while being laid back like he was at the same time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

on campus interviews were conducted and latham was one of the firms who sent interviewers to the event. students sign up and go in for interviews in quick succession.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two partners from the corporate finance department. The interview with the junior partner was easy, mostly open-end questions about my cv and previous experience. The second interview did not go as well - the communication was a bit off.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in the specific department?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two rounds: One screening interview with a Partner (20 minutes), then another 4 interview with 3 associates and one partner of 20 minutes each. No assessments or tests required. Received the outcome of the interview process at the end of the same week as when I did my last rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself?
      What are your interests within the area of antitrust law?
      Have you heard about Latham Academies?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Easy. Just be likable. There will be various stages of the interview. If you got in the door, it means you are qualified. The interview is just to see if you will be a good fit. Be yourself, but don't be overly humble.

Interview Questions

• What kind of legal work are you interested in doing?   1 Answer

Attorney, 4th-Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Hiring is largely driven by the second-year summer associate program; I assume it is much more difficult and market-driven to get hired as a third year law school student.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions; most difficult part was demonstrating fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations.

Business Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY).

Interview

It was pretty strenuous, and I thought I did a good job -- made it to second round, super day, not invited back for one on one. I think it was because of the start date, which they weren't very clear about --- some said early June, some said late June. Had mine listed as available 6/19.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to play through a scenario for daily activities, what you would do first.   Answer Question