Leaf Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leaf Group (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty quick, organized, communication was great. The interview was challenging and fun. I was given the opportunity to meet with potential supervisor informally to ask questions before the formal interview, which was really great.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about keeping private keys out of public code repositories, probably because they had seen some in my github account, and wanted to know if I understood that it was bad, and if I knew how to fix it.   1 Answer
    • They asked me some logic problems, and gave me some whiteboard challenges.   1 Answer

Leaf Group Response

Jun 27, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for your helpful feedback for our interview process. We really want to make sure that process gives you a glimpse into what life is like here. We also hope that you are able to get... More

Photo Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Leaf Group (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume/content portfolio and had a referral to The People Team regarding the open position. The team was extremely accommodating, streamlined the entire scheduling process, and took care of all the moving parts. I had an in-person interview on campus that was back-to-back with the 4 key people on the team.

Interview Questions

• What would your vision be for one of Leaf's newly launched media verticals?   Answer Question

Leaf Group Response

Aug 28, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition and Corporate Communications

We thank you for taking the time to review your interview process and are so happy to have you aboard. Having talented, hardworking, and impactful employees will help us grow leaps and bounds.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Leaf Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

They call me to make an appointment for a phone interview with the marketing manager. The day after I had the interview. It was the average interview. Asking questions about yourself, past jobs, relevant projects, etc.
    I asked them what were the next steps and they told me they would get in touch with me, but I never heard back from them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leaf Group (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I got a call from the career fair in my university. The interview process was 2 hours long. There was a 1 hour long written test, the questions were very easy and dealt with basic php, html,css,javascript, programming. Next 1 hour was HR interview. Nothing technical, just some questions on the resume and about the company

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leaf Group (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application at a school career fair for engineers.
    Got an email saying they'd like to invite me their Intern Day.
    All potentials interns had to take an on-site test on whatever you we're interviewing for.
    Afterword, they called you to speak with two engineers from the team. The interview questions were easy: asked about past projects and a easy whiteboard array question.

Interview Questions

• Given two arrays create a new one that concatenates the values of one array to the other. Something like that.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

Demand invited many people to an Intern Day where they gave a tour of the office. We were then given a one-hour technical test, followed by a 30 minute behavioral interview with two software engineers. Overall, the experience was nice, and we interacted with the people working there a lot.

Interview Questions

• Questions that were asked were not at the level of data structures and algorithms; much of them focused more so on programming details (i.e. the difference between a stack and a queue, how to use MySQL, etc.).   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leaf Group.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. I was called in along with a group of 30 where DemandMedia talked about their different products. There was a on-paper test and two 15 min interviews.

2 weeks after that, I was called in for another interview with a team of a specific product.

Interview Questions

• Test was all technical - had sections on C#,PHP,SQL,Algorithms, HTML, CSS, JavaScript. Interview questions were mostly about my experience.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leaf Group.

Interview

Applied through Career Fair. Got a call next day asking for time slots. Basic questions about HTML, PHP, CSS and other web technologies. Nothing too difficult. Asked a lot of questions about responsive web designing. Also questions about previous experiences.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leaf Group (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

1)Phone interview - asked basic questions on html/css/js , responsive web design, security
    2)onsite interview - company briefing, linner, written test ( very basic set of q's on all web technologies ), set of interviews with all the four major teams at DM. Questions were based on previous projects.

Interview Questions

Waiting for a better offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leaf Group (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Met at the career fair, dropped my resume, got an email to interview at their office. First was a 30 minute skill review test based on Java. Next they had a one on one session wherein they talked about my resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leaf Group in March 2015.

Interview

Whole day long!!!! Lunch included tho.
    2 hour long writing exam. Basic stuff, HTML, CSS, JS, Algorithm, PHP, SQL, etc.
    And then meet CTO and interview with some programmer there.
    At last ,meet HR and talk about your working availability.