Leam Drilling Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Leam Drilling Systems

MWD Field Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dickinson, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leam Drilling Systems (Dickinson, ND).

Interview

Short, talked to cord for about 10 mins, set up a drug test and a background check, then you are asked to go to Conroe TX for training, which is just hanging out in shop and filling out paperwork they try to get you out asap, once you get your assignment you leave there and go straight to rig where every it is. I.E. North Dakota.

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you know what MWD stands for?
      2. Are you willing to be away from home for extended periods?
      3. Do you have a valid drivers license?
      4. We start Trainees off at 11$/hr is that ok?
      1 Answer

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leam Drilling Systems in June 2014.

Interview

This has to be the worst interview I've ever had. The MWD Coordinator scheduled me for an interview back in June of 2014. I drove 3 hours to get there and found him in a room all by himself putting together a desk. I asked if this was a bad time, after all he scheduled it, and he said no. The interview was rife with constant interruptions from people on the shop floor, DD's picking up equipment, and he was constantly on his phone. I asked again if he wanted to reschedule since he was very busy. Again he said no. Just when I thought we were going to have some peace and quiet a guy barged into the room wanting an application. The coordinator told him to wait outside the door but the guy interrupted us three more times. After the interview, if I could even call it that, he said he wanted me to start training the following week. I never got a call back and after several emails and voice mails I gave up.

MWD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leam Drilling Systems in May 2014.

Interview

it was very laid back and personal one of the best interviews ive been apart of. the people were very nice and helpful, they were very straight forward about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leam Drilling Systems (Conroe, TX).

Interview

The hiring process is very intimate. LEAM is a Small company in a growing market and they need people desperately. Be proactive, submit resume online, contact the office, seek out a coordinator, have a discussion, know someone in the company, etc. These are all recommendations that will potentially stream line the process to get an interview. LEAM hires at certain times, and has classes of trainees so expect to wait to pick up with a class.

Interview: Business Professional (Slacks, Button Down, *Western boots: community is very country) Very casual environment and a conversational interview. Prepare yourself by learning about the company, the industry and the MWD job. familiarize yourself with basic terminology and understanding. LEAM is an entry level company and expects a lack of experience, but knowing all you can will help you stand out. Be sure to relax, answer questions clearly, and have questions to ask. They may hire you on the spot! So prepare to talk about Pay, benefits, etc. Should they offer, you will be required to submit a background check and drug test immediately.

Hiring: Immediately after the interview I was offered the job, filled out a back ground check and took a drug test. I did not expect an immediate hire so I wasn't prepared to ask follow up questions as to what would be required of me, the next steps, etc.

Easy process, from a good company that is looking to hire entry level positions.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of being gone/working for extended periods of time   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't a negotiation, this is entry level work and they need people as is. Yes/No are your options and you will understand why.

MWD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leam Drilling Systems.

Interview

There was one interview in the regional office. Once hired you have to drive to Conroe, TX for orientation.

Application

Interview

I sent in my resume and received a call to come in for an interview. I filled out an application that day and was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to save a document as an excel file? What do you know about MWD?   Answer Question

Lead MWD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dickinson, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leam Drilling Systems (Dickinson, ND) in May 2012.

Interview

5 phone interviews and one in person interview. got a call a week later. Took my drug test started the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

everything is a set pay scale

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leam Drilling Systems (Conroe, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy going. They just want to get a feel for the type of person you are and if you can handle it.

Anonymous Employee in Dickinson, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Leam Drilling Systems (Dickinson, ND) in March 2011.

Interview

It depends on the day of the week and who you know. Sometimes they'll hire the first jackass that walks through the door with even half of something that resembles a resume. Other times they're actually selective and look for people with potential and relative experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to attach a PDF to an email?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay and everything else is pretty cut and dry, not really any room for negotiation in this particular position.

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leam Drilling Systems (Conroe, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Informal setting, no written questions, no organization on the interviewer's part. It had more to do with the Coordinators picks on the upcoming College Football games than the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MWD.   1 Answer