LeapFrog Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LeapFrog Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.9

Interview

1 onsite, 1 phone call. applied through jobvite. whole process only took a couple of week and then they called to offer the role. applied through a referral who was a friend of mine. this person was the hiring manager as well

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LeapFrog (Emeryville, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Professional interview, friendly interviewers, nice office. I had a phone interview and then an in person interview with 2 other people. HR gave me a time frame for when they would get back to me and stuck to that. They are very professional and treated me well.

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LeapFrog.

Interview

I heard about Leapfrom from a friend who loved working there. He set me up with a face-to-face interview so we skipped the phone screening. Met with the head of HR, and one other person on the team. It was clearly not a fit for me or them.

Learning Designer (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LeapFrog (Emeryville, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews: one with the recruiter, one with the hiring manager.
    Two on-site interviews: one with the hiring manager, another with the direct team members.
    Take-home design challenge about designing a learning game with levels, scaffolding etc. for 3-years-olds.

Interview Questions

• In your past projects what were the learning design considerations?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience designing for young (3-9 years) children?   Answer Question

Finance Manager, FP&A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LeapFrog.

Interview

Interviewed with 10 employees over 3 1/2 hours and no response! Interview process appeared to identify gaps and on-the-fly redesign of position definition and requirements. Interviewers not as well prepared as might be anticipated. No followup from recruiter after day long series of interviews, despite follow up thank you notes and status inquiries after a couple of weeks. Expensive day for an interviewee in terms of time, time off work, not to be given the courtesy of a status. Whether or not a person is selected, if the candidate is willing to take a day off from their current job to come in for multiple interviews, it is not polite or professional not to even offer a "no thank you" message. Very disappointed in this lack of common courtesy or professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What ROI level would a product make sense to present to executive staff? What triggers would you change?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I can't remember a lot of specific details. I had an in with the company, spoke with them for some time, had a couple interviews, and was offered the job.

Manager, FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LeapFrog (Emeryville, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Worst experience with a recruiter (everyone else was great)

Applied via online application and employee referral. I had two 2-3 hour onsite interviews with 11 people in total. I also submitted a paper application upon arrival on-site. The interview process was great - I met really personable, intelligent people, and they made me more and more excited about Leapfrog. I had a call with a recruiter who appeared out of nowhere mid-way into my recruiting process, and my interactions with HR from then on was through him (before then somebody else was coordinating my interviews).

I received both a verbal and formal offer for the position. During the call to discuss the offer I brought up my US work authorization that was explicitly stated in my applications. Turns out the application was not thoroughly read and my offer was declined within 36 hours of receiving a formal offer letter.

It was the behavior of the recruiter that I found to be extremely unprofessional and unacceptable. He clearly had no knowledge on the work authorization process/requirements upon my first call with him, and he came back a day after having spoken to his Legal team acting as though he was the in-house expert. He blamed me for not bringing up the visa part with each of my interviewers (we discussed how my upbringing & professional experiences were completely international in all of the interviews, so I can't imagine why the HR component needed to have been brought up in Finance/Product Marketing related conversations) and at the end he threatened me that the offer withdrawal was final and that I am never allowed to communicate with anybody in the company ever again regarding this. I truly believe he did not have the authority to say this to me, and it was clearly obvious that this was a mistake on his part that he was desperately trying to disguise. Who knows how he framed this situation internally.

Lastly the LeapFrog website states the following: LeapFrog is proud to have talented people who come from all over the world. If you believe you can fulfill the requirements for obtaining a work visa, we welcome you to apply. Requirements can be complex, often demanding an advanced degree or several years of applicable experience, and not all positions are eligible.

With a Masters degree and 6+ years experience in FP&A, you would think it is worth a consideration. At the least Leapfrog should state clearly in the job description when it is strictly not eligible for visa sponsorship.
    This was truly an unfortunate ending and left an awful after-taste to what initially started as a pleasant experience getting to know a great company.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to handle and deliver on a difficult task in an unrealistically short time frame, would you commit to it? How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LeapFrog.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews for an internship. First was a screener interview with an HR coordinator (questions such as "What attracted you to LeapFrog?". Within the first 10 minutes, the HR coordinator said she wanted to arrange a phone interview in the next couple of hours with the hiring manager. Phone interview with the hiring manager was pleasant, no difficult or unexpected questions, she just wanted to know about my experience/education and how that would apply to the internship. After the interview, she said the HR coordinator would get in touch with me about the decision. I didn't hear anything for a week and emailed the HR coordinator, at which time she responded that the team was still in the process of interviewing other candidates. A week after that I received an email that I wasn't selected for the internship.

Overall, I had a pleasant and responsive interaction with the recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts about using technology in children's products?   Answer Question

Game Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LeapFrog (Emeryville, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews with Leapfrog, with their design manager and senior designer. The interview questions are more like general design questions, and they are really nice to chat with, not scary at all.

Interview Questions

I got the offer, but since my OPT (I am an international student) starting date is one week later than the expected date, my offer got rescinded by them. So I did not get a chance to work there.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LeapFrog.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, both with the manager of the team I was interviewing with. They were both within a week of each other. The first was more a basic phone interview where I talked about my academics and why I chose to apply to this company etc etc. The second was a skype interview with a couple technical questions that I was able to talk through.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some product design and management questions that I wasn't really familiar with, but my interviewer was just looking for the thought process more than the "correct" answer.   Answer Question