LegalMatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LegalMatch

2.4

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LegalMatch (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewed in person, met with 3 people, called me 3 hours after the interview to hire me.

Interview Questions

• how to handle a irate customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LegalMatch.

Interview

The interview process involved walking into an unorganized circus, followed by being asked if i had sales experience and being told i had the job regardless of the answer given. There were tweekers everywhere.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LegalMatch (Reno, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Replied to a Craigslist posting. Rec'd an email from recruiter that day. She pushed off talking for a few days. Call seemed to go well, and recruiter indicated the same. I rec'd another offer a couple days later and called the recruiter back because I was more interested in this company. She replied with "well, you've got to to what you've got to do." Wow. No urgency. No trying to do the best for her client. Even though she told me they'd been trying to fill this position "for a really long time."

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know if I had experience managing a non-college educated workforce.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LegalMatch (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone call with a Recruiter. She was very nice and informative. Then I met with the Manager, they asked me questions about my experience, cold calling, a little role playing. It was pretty basic

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your closing experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LegalMatch (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Had a five minute phone interview where they asked me my sales style, how I close and what I think the function of sales is in an organization. Without asking any questions about my experience or job history they brought me in for 2 interviews, each with a Regional Director (Inside Sales Manager). They asked me about my job history and told me flat out that many people don't succeed there and that they have alot of turnover. They told me the position pays a base of $30K with bonuses beginning after you reach monthly sales of $20K. One of the managers showed me her top 5 performers from July; the top performer sold 48K worth of memberships while the fifth barely made quota a $t22K. If that is what the 5th best salesman made, what about the other 20 in the office...

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LegalMatch (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Typical HR phone interview by an HR person. This was sales job, so they'll ask you to describe your sales process, your past experience (close ratio) and the old cliche questions: why do you want to work here.

After the phone interview, you will set up with the hiring manger. The hiring manger does 99% of the talking, it's more of a sales pitch than an actual interview. I was in there for two hours and I spoke less than 2 minutes.

After that interview you will be interviewed by the VP in Austin. That interview will last less than 3 minutes. It's more of a get to know interview.

The reason the interview process was so easy is the turn over rate at the company is so high, that they'll pretty much take anyone. This is more of tele-marketing job than an actual sales job. That is why they have a high turnover rate and an easy interview process.

If you're sure you want to work there here are some tips:

-Be sure to mention that you have a consultative sales approach, you're non-aggressive but get results. They've had so very bad PR in the past about hiring pushy sales people, so they want to make sure you're not going to be the annoying pushy sales. This is pretty much the only requirement to hiring you.

-Come across as very sincere in the interview, both the HR person and the hiring manager respond very well to that type, so sell them with you sincerity as oppressed how well you can close.

-Dress up for the interview but don't go overboard, exp: a simple shirt and tie. Jeans and a t-shirt is the non-official company wardrobe but they do want to see that you've made an effort for the interview. However, you don't want to seem out of place, so go business casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You really can't negotiate for this position. They have a one size fits all base, commission and bonus structure. 30k base, about 5% commission (once you sell 15k within the month) and 5% on the down payment.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LegalMatch (Reno, NV) in January 2019.

Interview

First I spoke to a Recruiter who reviewed the job position with me. S he sent me an assessment which took about a half hour. I finished it the same day. They called me the next day and told me I was moving forward (I passed) and set up my 1st phone interview with the Recruiting Manager. It took about 20 minutes. She was nice asked a lot of questions, but also answered my questions. Then I had a in person interview with the Regional Director. That took about an hour. She recommended me for hire and I had one more call with the VP of Sales.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LegalMatch in May 2015.

Interview

Email, several phone interviews, to find a qualified candidate, with Upper Management. Interviews were scheduled and kept, by Management. Questions, were directly related to the position, allowed for ample time to answer and explain answers. Made the process smoother.

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LegalMatch (Henderson, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

Was one of the longest processes, but nice to have chatted with all management and owner. Unfortunately they do not fulfill what they promise as far as training, and support from vp. They also cheat you out of bonuses any way they can and charge existing employees for cancellations even if over 2 years. But very rare to stay there that long as their retention rate is a joke.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy, and non negotiable.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LegalMatch (Reno, NV) in February 2019.

Interview

1st interview was on the phone and 2nd interview was in person. The in person interview was one of the bizarrest interviews I have ever had. The interviewing manager was sick during the interview and another gentlemen came in and was not sure on how to proceed with the interview and asked me what questions did I have.

I never heard back from anyone after interview.