Leggett & Platt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Leggett & Platt

2.9

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO).

Interview

Applied online via Leggett and Platte website. Received phone call to set up phone screen. Leggett has several people on the call, which lasted about an hour. They then follow up with in person interviews once all screens are done.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO).

Interview

The whole interview processes took about 4 weeks. The HR called for a Phone interview first and I went to their company for the onsite interview a week later with one HR, two people from auditing department and VP. After two weeks of my onsite interview, they email me I didn't go to the final list.

Interview Questions

• No, they just go through your resume and ask some basic questions.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I first had a phone interview and then few days later was called for a second interview. The second interview was two weeks later. That interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was told at the end of the interview I would receive an email to attach my references to. I never received that email. I was called a week later and told they gave the job to someone else.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my previous positions and how they compared to the internal auditor position.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

They focused on irrelevant information in the phone interview. Did not give me a time frame to when they would call about in person interviews. A month later I heard back that they had filled the position.

IT Interview

Interview

Only had phone screen, talked with person in charge of hiring; asked standard behavioral questions (tell me about you, strengths, weaknesses, why us, etc.), as well as asking a bit about certain things on my resume. Asked about one of my past job experiences, and challenges I faced there, as well as what I want out of my career/Leggett & Platt.

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard interview questions - prior experience, prior jobs, strengths and weaknesses. There was a phone screen, then a live interview and then a drug test. They also did a background check, and for some reason a credit check (?). Overall pretty standard

Interview Questions

• What didn't you like about your previous employer?   1 Answer

Local Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in May 2010.

Interview

If you are a non American you stand a better chance to be hired here than you do if you are a White American citizen.

Interview Questions

• Why does management stick together and over look over 20 complaints about another member of management?   Answer Question

You are a number here and they look at Company profit over the health and safety of the employees.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt (Monroe, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview and testing went well and was not difficult. I was hired but then fired immediately following the physical, which asked of medical history. Do not apply here if you cannot lift heavy boxes ,50+ lbs, over your head and walk around the room. I was told this was going to be a range of motion test and was very easy.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to write down the salary you are expecting.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

Apply online through an applicant tracking system. Resume is very important since that is your first opportunity to be noticed. If they are interested, they will request more information or a Career History Form. Next will be a phone interview (about an hour). The top 2-3 candidates will get a 1:1 interview (2-3 hours). Finally, reference checks, drug screen. Don't be afraid to call the Talent Advisor and inquire about your status or the process. They can be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to negotiate. Don't ask for the moon and back up your request. They want to be able to pay you the best salary they can offer you out of the gate.

Accounting Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then 3 hour face to face. The face to face consisted of an hour with the HR representative and hiring manager, then a meeting with all of the department heads.