Lehman College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lehman College Interview Questions

Interviews at Lehman College

3.4

Media Relations Interview

Interview

Very prompt, quick and causal. I was invited in to meet very soon after applying and was planning out my schedule within 40 minutes of meeting the interviewer. The interviewer was approachable and specific so the entire process was low stress.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lehman College in January 2017.

Interview

There was a discussion based on prior knowledge of math courses that I took as an undergraduate student. The interview process was fairly easy. At the end, I presented a small demo-lesson.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lehman College (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

They asked why do you want to work here? Like research more or teaching more? How to handle students' requirements? They give you a specific case and ask you what would you do with this student.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Athletic Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman College (Bronx, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was lengthy and interviewer was determined to get a commitment that if offered the job, you were going to honor commitment and not take a better offer. Aked if other job opportunities were on the table! SInce I said yes, that was the deciding factor as to why I didn't get the job since he was looking for absolute commitment.

Interview Questions

• Inquired as to if I was looking around and was pursuing other interests.   2 Answers

Financial Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lehman College (Bronx, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Started Horrible from the Beginning. I though I was going to interview with one person but, the first women told me were waiting for 3 other people. So i had to sit in an interview with "4 People" at one time just looking at me all confused.

On my resume it says i graduated from the college, which was only a year ago 2016. Can you believe they didn't even know that!! IT SAYS IT ON MY RESUME!!!!!!.

So, That was the first red flag, the the director asked me do I have a copy of the job description. ........ Here we go.... I said no I do not because I applied for this job all the way back in August and they took the job description down already.......Mind you their interviewing me 4 MONTHS LATER!!!!!... COME ON!!! OMG!!!

The questions they asked were those already made up scenario type questions you pull up online, so unauthentic. Plus I was asked to bring in two writing samples which they NEVER ASKED FOR!!!! another waste of time.
     I was so over it. I'm sure I will not be hearing from them. and honestly I'm happy about that.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least? emailing ? or calling people?   1 Answer

Dean Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lehman College (New York, NY).

Interview

Two stage process: one video conference interview with a search committee, and then, once a finalist, eight committee interviews with administrators and faculty, two individual interviews with administrators, and one presentation to a large audience of faculty and students and administrators. Very intense. Drawn out over two months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman College in November 2013.

Interview

You meet with the Search Committee, then with the staff in the office you will be potentially working, you get a tour of the campus, completed a administrative task as a small test, met with the Search Committee again to end the interview.

Interview Questions

• Has a suggestion made to manager or supervisor ever been implemented?   Answer Question

Library Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lehman College (Bronx, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Stay calm and act professionally. Very nice interview. Calming environment. Library knowledge will assist you. Library is cold, wear sweaters. Bosses are a little piky. They want perfection.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself working in a library setting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Comfortable. They tell you if you got the job and its a set pay scale. Quiet place of course. You will have to push heavy book trucks and shelve. You will get dust on you at times and have to clean shelves. Nice job to get you in the door of the college and room to grow.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lehman College.

Interview

I applied online, and I had a phone interview for forty minutes.
    I did not meet the employer in person. It was a normal interview process.
    I was originally supposed to have an interview using Skype, but I talked with the head of the program on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and teaching styles.   1 Answer