Lennar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lennar Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2018

2.6

Construction Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lennar.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a Human Resource representative. Then did a panel and one on one interview with management. Process was easy and smooth. They got back to you right away. Whole process took a week.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lennar (Miami, FL).

Interview

It was held in the main office in doral with 2 of the upper management members from the construction team. first I saw with one member and then I sat with the other one.

Interview Questions

• what is one thing that makes you qualified for this postition?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lennar (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic interview, go over resume and answer a few basic questions. Do your research on the company and where they build predominately in your location be up to speed on current codes and regs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a builder with Lennar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty one sided, not a lot of room for negotiating salary. Take what they offer and show them you deserve more and you will get it.

Construction Manager Interview

Interview

My interview was conducted by the Area Manager, who was extremely professional and welcoming. He took the time to get to know me and explained the job description in great detail.

Interview Questions

I accepted a different position that was closer to my family.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lennar (Austin, TX).

Interview

The day after I applied I got a call from the Division President and we did a quick phone interview for about 15 minutes. I then interviewed in person in a coffee shop and was offered the position on the spot. It should have been a red flag to me that they have a hard time keeping good people because of their poor business model and awful customer service.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, but a comment from the person I interviewed with. "I'd like to hire you today." This was after only meeting for less than 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more money, they turned me down. I stuck to my demands and they ultimately gave me what I wanted but turned the extra I was asking for into a monthly bonus instead of on my salary.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lennar (Denver, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

Brought in by Director of Operations and two Area Managers. Very friendly and relaxed interview. I was called a few days later with an offer and was given a few more days to think about it. The HR process was relatively painless.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lennar (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The management was courteous and professional and it lasted for about an hour and a half. After filling out an application I was interviewed by 2 folks a district manager and area manager. Emailed me an offer me and I agreed and later tried to lower the offer over the phone and I declined to work for them after that.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lennar (Aliso, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very cordial and pleasant. There wasn't any difficult questions other than the usual interview questions about previous work experience. Both interviewers described their experiences with the company and disclosed the types of challenges that they were facing with their teams. They also disclosed the team's overall experience and what the position requires from the applicant.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lennar (Miami, FL).

Interview

Met with 3 different managers. One of the seniors had a brief quiz with a few basic accounting questions. Now they take prospective candidates out to lunch once they narrowed the field down. Knowledge of the current company practices is a must. Process takes a few weeks, involves background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the natural position of debits or credits on a GL?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lennar (Miami, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Found out about this job through a recruiter and they set up and initial phone screening with the Director of Audit and the Audit Manager. After making it through the phone screening I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The Director of Audit grabbed me from reception and took me straight to the Audit Manager's office where the first thing she did was hand me a piece of paper with three short answer questions relating to Audit/Accounting. After finishing my first short essay exam since I finished grad school, we stepped into the manager's office and began going over my resume. She warned me that she would also be asking me accounting specific questions from her list of random accounting questions she had on her desk. After she was done with me it was time to speak to the Director of Audit. The Director of Audit just sold the position and wanted to know if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Here are the short answer questions I was told to answer at the beginning of my interview:

1. You are testing the balance of a liability account and you discover that a journal entry is not supported. How would you write this audit finding?

2. Bob is a controller and has the ability to do the following: Create/modify vendors, approve invoices, create and approve journal entries. What are the segregation of duties issues here?

3. How would you test revenue was recorded in the correct period? What is this type of test called?

Questions I was asked from the random list of accounting concepts the manager had on her desk:

1. What is the difference between a process and a control?

2. What is the journal entry for an insurance payment?

3. What are some testing procedures you would use to test for unrecorded liabilities?   1 Answer