Leonardo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leonardo Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Leonardo.

Interview

Friendly on site interview with members of multiple teams to determine best fit within the company. Half day interview consisting of individual meetings with heads of different engineering discipline subteams.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a time you made a mistake on a project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo.

Interview

Few questions about experience and what they should hire you. Questions about benefits, previous employers. Normal stuff. Also salary expected. They will low ball you on that part. Located in Philadelphia.

Bid Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Leonardo (New York, NY).

Interview

the interview process was for newly graduated and took very long. I had my first interview in February 2013 and my first day of work was in January 2014. The reason why is because during the interview process HR changed their mind about the departement where I had to be hired. I had first an assessment group of one day with other newly graduated, then an interview with HR only to discuss about my motivation. At the end I had two technical interviews, the first one with the head of the area and the second one with the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• Given that we sell also military helicopters, how do you feel about that from an ethical point of view?   1 Answer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leonardo in February 2016.

Interview

first round phone interview. They spent 90% of the time trying to sell me on the company and the position. I repeatedly asked for specifics, which they didn't want to give. This made me extremely skeptical about what the job would actually involve and they probably sensed that I wasn't going to put up with a bait and switch or just being blatantly taken advantage of.

Interview Questions

• Can you promise us that you can stay at least five years but be on a contract status the first year and probationary status the year after that and work very long hours without paid overtime? No, we can't tell you what you'd actually be doing until you get here. You must be able to do anything we ask of you, no questions asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Leonardo (Lenexa, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially, there was no one to greet me; no one in the lobby. They seemed sincere, general questions. I was given a short tour.

Not a very sincere exit- simply showed me the way out and did not say much.

No response after the interview, even though I contacted them several time.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leonardo (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I came in expecting an HR kind of interview based on what some people (not who I set the interview up with) told me before my interview, but it was a technical engineering interview so I wasn't as prepared as I could have been. They asked me questions I knew the answer to, but not off the top of my head with no preparation so that didn't go well. I was then given a tour of the facility and that was that.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of what I was expecting out of the first few years of my career.   Answer Question

Interview

At the time, in early May 2014, I was still serving in the Army and was attending a function known as Quad-A (Army Aviation Association of America) which was in Nashville, TN. I remember going to this event to pass out resumes as I was getting close to my discharge date. I was stunned when I saw Agusta with a booth in the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Job Fair as I drove past their building all the time to play Ice Hockey when back home.

After waiting for over 10 minutes for the 4 Agusta personnel (2 H/R & 2 Display Booth) to stop talking to one another (Which should have been my first clue), I was apologized to and greeted warmly. We had a very long conversation ranging from my experiences in the Army, to my qualifications, to whether I had my A&P, to benefits packages, to where and when I was planning to move once I relocated back. All in all, it was about a 45 minute conversation and seemed to go extremely well. At the end I was told by L (Since I don't want to violate the rules of the site by posting her name) to call her directly, and/or e-mail once I had returned and was set up; which after our conversation we both knew would be around the second week in July 2014. I was still under contract with the Army for a couple more weeks but at that time would be free to discuss options without any contractual issues for them. With a Cheshire cat smile and a hand shake from L, and handshakes from the other 3 Augusta members, I was told by L that we would have a sit down chat in Philadelphia and would discuss more specifics at that time. I remember my friend saying "Well, looks like you found your job."

I sent a thank you e-mail for their time later that night, and once I was settled back into Philadelphia in July I proceeded to call and e-mail L. After a week of no response I sent a second follow up email just in case I fat fingered something. Nothing. At the end of August I tried both a phone call and an e-mail one last time. Same. No response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy, basic questions...background in Aviation, A&P, transportation to and from work   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Leonardo (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very laid back and simple. Walked in and they already assumed I was qualified after a few supply chain related questions. They are more concerned about how you work within an organization and if you are able to be thrown into situations and figure things out yourself. Told on numerous occasions that I will have a baptism by fire to make sure I understood that there isn't a ton of training and I'll be expected to do a lot

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leonardo (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I initially interviewed with Agusta Westland over the phone in April of 2011. The initial interview consisted of a teleconference between myself and three managers in the engineering department. The initial interview went very well and the managers were eager to bring me in for a 1:1 interview since they needed to fill the position ASAP. I was invited to the company's site, which is located at NE Philadelphia Airport, for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of a 1:1 Interview with a woman in HR and a Group/Panel Interview with two of the engineers that had interviewed me over the phone. During the Group/Panel Interview, I was shown engineering drawings while the engineers questioned me on different aspects that related to the work I would be performing. A bit stressful at times, but it was an overall positive experience. The managers stressed that they need me ASAP and that they would expect me to immediately leave my current job if I accepted any offer.

I received a call from HR the following week and was verbally offered the position on a Thursday. I was told to tell them by the following Monday whether I accepted the job. I decided to take the position and called the HR representative on Monday morning to accept the job offer, only to find that the offer had been placed on hold. I was told that five other candidates, who also received job offers, were also waiting for the freeze to be lifted and could not be hired. This was said to reassure me that I am not alone. She told me the position should be available within the next few days. It has been 6 months now and I still have not heard from Agusta Aerospace regarding my verbal offer. I've called the HR department numerous times only to be told that the offer was still valid, but the hold is still in place at the moment. I asked that they alert me if I am no longer under consideration for employment, and they agreed to keep in touch. However, for the last few months, HR will not return my phone calls or respond to emails. I leave messages and never receive a response. I like to believe that this is a reputable company since I was referred by a friend, who is currently employed at this location.

Overall... horrible experience after I received an offer. Interviews were not too bad though.

Interview Questions

• Look at these production drawings and tell me what you understand. How would you install this piece of equipment on Helicopters in an assembly line?   1 Answer

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Somewhat informal and laid back. Not a highly technical job as a basic Avionics guy. Met with my future supervisor and director of operations, both 1v1. Received a brief tour and was asked mild questions by the HR rep, nothing about the process was difficult. The interview also didn't take too long. All in all it is a production facility that has very repetitive work, however, it is broken up into stages so you can move around and do different things during your stay.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what crimpers are? You do realize this is production work and it is very repetitive and you may get bored?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation stage was there, but I didn't have any leverage at the time. However, in my time here I have heard of more than a few people who did well in the negotiation stage.