Leonardo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leonardo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.4

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leonardo in February 2016.

Interview

first round phone interview. They spent 90% of the time trying to sell me on the company and the position. I repeatedly asked for specifics, which they didn't want to give. This made me extremely skeptical about what the job would actually involve and they probably sensed that I wasn't going to put up with a bait and switch or just being blatantly taken advantage of.

Interview Questions

• Can you promise us that you can stay at least five years but be on a contract status the first year and probationary status the year after that and work very long hours without paid overtime? No, we can't tell you what you'd actually be doing until you get here. You must be able to do anything we ask of you, no questions asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Leonardo (Lenexa, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially, there was no one to greet me; no one in the lobby. They seemed sincere, general questions. I was given a short tour.

Not a very sincere exit- simply showed me the way out and did not say much.

No response after the interview, even though I contacted them several time.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leonardo (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I initially interviewed with Agusta Westland over the phone in April of 2011. The initial interview consisted of a teleconference between myself and three managers in the engineering department. The initial interview went very well and the managers were eager to bring me in for a 1:1 interview since they needed to fill the position ASAP. I was invited to the company's site, which is located at NE Philadelphia Airport, for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of a 1:1 Interview with a woman in HR and a Group/Panel Interview with two of the engineers that had interviewed me over the phone. During the Group/Panel Interview, I was shown engineering drawings while the engineers questioned me on different aspects that related to the work I would be performing. A bit stressful at times, but it was an overall positive experience. The managers stressed that they need me ASAP and that they would expect me to immediately leave my current job if I accepted any offer.

I received a call from HR the following week and was verbally offered the position on a Thursday. I was told to tell them by the following Monday whether I accepted the job. I decided to take the position and called the HR representative on Monday morning to accept the job offer, only to find that the offer had been placed on hold. I was told that five other candidates, who also received job offers, were also waiting for the freeze to be lifted and could not be hired. This was said to reassure me that I am not alone. She told me the position should be available within the next few days. It has been 6 months now and I still have not heard from Agusta Aerospace regarding my verbal offer. I've called the HR department numerous times only to be told that the offer was still valid, but the hold is still in place at the moment. I asked that they alert me if I am no longer under consideration for employment, and they agreed to keep in touch. However, for the last few months, HR will not return my phone calls or respond to emails. I leave messages and never receive a response. I like to believe that this is a reputable company since I was referred by a friend, who is currently employed at this location.

Overall... horrible experience after I received an offer. Interviews were not too bad though.

Interview Questions

• Look at these production drawings and tell me what you understand. How would you install this piece of equipment on Helicopters in an assembly line?   1 Answer

Quality Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Leonardo in April 2009.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was very happy in their position and didn't see further advancement for others who would be hired in under their management.. in other words there is no advancement with them working for this company in this position. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

interview stopped when they informed me that there would be no advancement available in the near future

Graduate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial online application, with CV and competency questions, followed by psychometric tests and a two day assessment centre.

The assessment centre was an enjoyable process, all staff were lovely and really passionate about their work and the company. The first day consisted of a welcome presentation and a tour of the facilities, with a meal in the evening. Day two consisted of group task, interview, presentation and a written exercise.

Interview Questions

• Interview was mostly competency based, with some straightforward relevant technical questions.   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

very elaborate application which if you were successful, you had to complete online tests, this was then followed by an assessment centre, which consisted of two days, a hotel stay and everything all expenses paid. Day 1 was an ice breaker, allowing you to learn about the company and meet all the other candidates which was very helpful making you feel comfortable, this was followed by dinner with some of the graduates which was good for advice. Day 2 consisted of; a group-work task, an interview, a written assessment, in the form of an essay which you had to write in an hour, and presentation which was 15 mins long. I was then contacted 2 days after the assessment centre about the result

Software Engineer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Leonardo (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application with online psychometric tests. Then invited to a two day assessment centre in Luton.
    On the first day there was a tour of the building and facilities along with a presentation. Then in the evening a meal with current graduate students.
    On the second day I was interviewed by my employers, had a written exercise and prepared a presentation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leonardo.

Interview

CV + Cover letter, assessment day with a group task (marshmallow game), individual interview and presentation (they give you a few topics to choose from)

Generally really enjoyable, you can tell they were all lovely people.

Interview Questions

• Mostly prompted by CV/cover letter qualities
      So things like: How do you balance your time, tell us about a challenging time, how did you get over it, knowing what you know now how would you have done it differently.

Lots of questions about the company structure
      Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Leonardo (Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan (Malaysia)) in June 2016.

Interview

You need to have a good knowledge in aviation and finance and training. The panels was hard to test knowledge what they do and the peers are all international. English and italy is the main communication we use.

Summer Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Online application then Telephone interview. Mostly told me about the company and asked a few questions about my future plans for my career and my motivations for applying for the role. No competency questions.