Lessonly Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

Recruiter6%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lessonly

Lessonly

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lessonly in Dec 2021

Interview

A recruiter reached out about my application and we had a good first conversation and interview. He answered my questions and it seemed like a good fit. He then told me the salary range, which was extremely low for today’s market and this type of position. I told him that probably wouldn’t work. He let me know that he'd keep me in mind for down the road. Fair Enough. A few days later I get a calendar invite to speak to the hiring manager, even when I mentioned the pay wasn't going to work for me. I accepted the invitation anyway and met with the hiring manager. The interview was very short. I believe the hiring manager is looking for someone more culture fit than experience.

Interview Questions
  • What tools do you use for support?
    Answer Question

Lessonly

Application

I interviewed at Lessonly

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. 1st round with the hiring manager and the 2nd round with employees for a culture fit. Before each round of interviews, I had to complete a homework assignment.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when a new priority that wasn't on the roadmap was given to you. How did you handle this new priority with your existing ones?

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

313 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lessonly (Indianapolis, IN) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and required a lot of time to complete the assignments and interview phases. It was great to meet the team members and had an in-depth grasp of the type of work. However, it did not work out. We were targeting different phases in the development process and were not a good fit at the time. I'm thankful for the experience but disappointed having committed so much time and not be able to see it through.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lessonly (Indianapolis, IN) in Feb 2021

Interview

Relatively unorganized. It was fine, but definitely seemed like there's not a defined process or experience for interviewing. Was meant to do a design homework, and it took 4 days to even get access to the homework (the day I was supposed to turn it in) so that was frustrating. Ended up having a non-compete that would have barred me from the position either way.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Lessonly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lessonly in Dec 2020

Interview

It was a pretty quick process over about 2 weeks. It included two phone interviews and one panel interview. The process was enjoyable due to the people at Lessonly. I would highly recommend interviewing with them if a role sounds interesting to you!

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about something that you outside of work that isn’t on your resume?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lessonly (Indianapolis, IN) in Nov 2020

Interview

I interviewed with Lessonly for an SDR role. Here is the order of events: 1) Phone call: 30 min, screening but in this case felt more like a 1st interview since it was with the Hiring Manager. Be prepared to talk about your experience, goals and hear more about the role. 2) Short take home assignment asking for email replies to customer requests. This took me about an hour. 3) Met with 6 people total in groups of 2 for 1.5 hrs. The group was a good mix of Sales Managers, SDR's at varying levels and HR. I was encouraged to ask questions and prepared to answer lots as well. I found everyone kind, genuine and smart. In the end I turned down the role due to compensation. It was fair but not the right make-up for me personally. They offer lower base + higher opportunities for commission. In theory, I am okay with this but the base wasn't high enough for me.

Interview Questions
  • What do you like / dislike about the SDR role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lessonly (Indianapolis, IN) in Nov 2020

Interview

Application was seamless and phone interview promptly scheduled. Mutual fit was the only issue. Interviewer was engaging and honest. Friendly and conversational with plenty of opportunity to sell yourself as well as ask questions.

Interview Questions
  • What have you been spending your time learning about during the pandemic?

Lessonly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lessonly

Interview

It was lengthly - I had to individual interviews with HR, a potential colleague, the manager of the department, and then a presentation to 3 department heads. I think that the entire process took 6 weeks - so it was a pretty slow process.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? What are some qualities that you would bring to Lessonly?

Lessonly

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lessonly

Interview

Networking event that wasn't prefaced very well was apparently a screening. Made it through the screening then had a conversation with someone that was unfamiliar with anything about me, did not ask questions about my past experience and/or current role. Was informed they did not review my resume but wanted to role play a sales call. Role play can be very effective but in this instance no feedback was provided when asked, was not very systematic through the call. And when asked about some examples I could provide of use cases, I quoted numbers directly from the website and the interviewer corrected me telling me some variables from the use case that were much different than that on the website. Was a confusing process, very disengaged conversation and unclear expectations as to what would garner a successful phone call.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about how our product works? Role play: what case studies can you refer me to that I could understand how this would apply to us?

Lessonly

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lessonly in May 2020

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, I received an link via email to a technical assessment. A couple days after completing the assessment, I received a second email to schedule a phone interview. After the first phone interview, they scheduled a second phone interview. At the end of the second interview, I was told I'd hear back about next steps within a week. A week passed and I didn't get anything, so I followed up with HR and was told that I hadn't been selected. Overall, a pretty good process but felt like I got dropped at the end once they decided not to pursue me as a candidate anymore.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews