Leviton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.4

Test Lab Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leviton (Melville, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview with HR, and then two from the Engineering Test lab, HR was looking for strengths and reasons to hire. Test lab Director was looking for technical skills and seeing where you stand Engineering wise. Didn't get any response yet and it's been 15 days. Waiting for a response still. Very anxious.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about Yourself, what made you want to do Engineering, Describe your experiences,   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Leviton.

Interview

Great interview process but ended up needing another position filled. I enjoyed the office and the interviewers. I felt like a really great fit and was disappointed when it didn't work out.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Leviton (Melville, NY).

Interview

I applied on an online job site and was called in for an interview with hr and the person I'd be directly working with. It went well everyone was so nice and friendly. Hr asked all the questions I wished they would and I felt very comfortable. I was called in for a second interview with the director of my department which also went well.

Interview Questions

• They wanted examples of when I had specific challenges. Come with examples of leadership, team work ect. Don't be caught off guard and panicked with no answer. Review what you've done professionally and academically.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Melville, NY Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leviton (Melville, NY).

Interview

I applied online on 3/30/2016, received a call the same day to come in for an interview. My interview was the next day. I met with an HR rep, a manager and the director for the dept.The interview went well, they all made me feel very comfortable and I was not nervous at all. I received an email on 4/8/2016 requesting professional references. They only called one of my references which was a former supervisor. I was offered the job a few days later. The whole process took just about 2 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leviton (Melville, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed in person with HR rep, then engineer. The person who was supposed to interview me was sick so someone who was unprepared interviewed me and he spend most of the time talking about himself and his kid in First Robotics. I didn't feel as if I was given a fair shot.

Interview Questions

• Did you take part in First Robotics in high school?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leviton (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Email first to set up phone screen with HR - very basic. Second and third interview was over Skype with management and HR - behavior interview. Final interview was with director of HR. Took 4 weeks from start to getting the offer.

Given that the company hires from NY and WA schools a lot they have high caliber engineers but not a diverse background.

Interview Questions

• Describe X project on your resume   1 Answer

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Leviton (Melville, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Great! I met with 3 people. First person someone from the Human Resources personnel came to talk to me. She asked some very straight forward (no techincal questions) questions to try to learn a little about who you are and why do you want to work at Leviton. Then, I interviewed with a extra two employees, one was the hiring manager the other a engineer who I would work directly with upon receiving the position. They asked more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Whether I was experience with Oracle,MatLab and Excel.   1 Answer

E-commerce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leviton (New York, NY).

Interview

Perfect. Seamless, and was invited back for a second interview. Waited for confirmation. Never returned my email or phone call. Interviewer actually continued speaking to me, walked me to my car and shook my hand. I was told to please come back in a few days to meet with the next manager. It was such a weird scenario, and I would imagine the req for the job may have been pulled, but I think it would have been professional of them to return my call or respond to my e-mail.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. There were two people doing the phone interview, they were doing it on speaker phone which made it a little harder to understand what they were saying. The questions I was asked seemed pretty basic. I was asked questions like what is a struct was, or how would I reverse a string?

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leviton in July 2015.

Interview

Had three interviews, two phone and a four person, three hour long Skype, over the span of four weeks. Had a great positive reaction from the people I was interviewing with, but they left me hanging for a few weeks and then told me that they closed the position after two or three weeks after my last interview.