Levy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levy (Miami, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

Friendly HR and hiring managers. Manager read questions off a piece of paper and took notes after i responded. Also needed to complete a basic quiz in regards to checking ID and spirit knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult or unhappy guest?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a little bit about how you ended up in the hospitality field?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levy.

Interview

There was first an interview through HireVue, and then I got an email asking me to come into the corporate headquarters. Walked in an interviewed at the HQ office. Great experience, super easy. Talked with three different people who worked in the Training and Talent Development sector. They called me a few days later to follow up with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a nice person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Levy (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very relaxed setting, basically just having a conversation with the manager of the department you are applying for. The manager kept the process easy and relaxed, which more the whole process very un-stressful.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Levy (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

it was brief interview. kept it simple and to the point. they were nice and it was friendly. They didn't lot of personal questions. it was a very nice interview, they asked a lot about my knowledge about beer and sprits.

Interview Questions

• guess they asked to explain why I didn't have a lot of experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Levy (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Got a call for an interview
    Interviewed one on one
    got hired
    attended HR training

Interview Questions

• Why did you switch from non-profit to hourly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levy (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Do not show up in jeans, or any casual clothes, this should be obvious, but you would be surprised at how many people do, even if you are just there to fill out an application, the interview might happen on the spot, Dress professional, act professional, answer what you can, be honest. All of these things will go a long way.
    Don't wait for them to call you after 5 days, be persistent, but polite.
    Call them back several times if you have not heard anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Levy (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2007.

Interview

The hardest interview. They asked extremely random questions but overall the person interviewing me seemed nice.

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Levy (Flushing, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

A week after completing the application online for a position at the US Open, I was emailed for an in-person interview. The interview was open and there were about 30-40 people there. I filled out the paperwork, they called me into the room to talk to the recruiter, he asked simple questions like "What previous customer service experience do you have?" and "Why do you want to work for Levy."
    Immediately after, I was told I was hired and I would have to attend training in 2 weeks, then start. Also, everyone has to take an online alcohol awareness questionnaire before the class. It's really easy.

Just dress appropriately (about 15/40 people there were wearing a suit) and have a smile on your face and it should go smoothly. Also, make sure you have at least two relevant experiences for the job you're applying to.

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Levy (Kissimmee, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Everyone was very polite, they made me feel really at home. So that's all it took. The great benefits they offered from their company. Also how they reward their employees, when they go above and beyond.

Interview Questions

• what makes you the best candidate for this position?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Letting me make my own schedule working around my primary job.

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Levy (Highland Park, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I had to go in, and fill out an application. No resume required. I was then interviewed on the spot by a manager, who asked me a variety of questions about my experience. The whole experience was very positive and straightforward. I was informally offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levy (Highland Park, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. It was very easy and simple. Not much too it besides personality questions and questions about past experiences involving customer service. Also a question or 2 about team work and your past experiences with that.