Levy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Levy Interview Questions

Interviews at Levy

2.2

Executive Chef Interview

Interview

Thoughtful, and in-depth. Everyone i spoke with was very helpful. Overall it was a great experience. From time to time i wish i took the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levy.

Interview

I applied online, received email to complete a HireVue Digital Interview, which took about 20 minutes to complete. It did feel a bit awkward because I was recording myself responding to pre-determined questions, but after information was submitted, I received a follow-up email from the hiring manager within the hour to schedule a phone interview with them. The phone interview took about an hour because the conversation was going well and at the end of the phone call, I was told that the hiring manager wanted me to speak to someone on the team over the phone as well.

I spoke to the team member a few days after my initial phone interview and that conversation lasted about an hour as well. Following the second phone interview, I received an assessment to complete, which took about an hour because I wanted to take my time.

I was invited to come into the office to meet with the hiring manager and some team members in person. I met with the hiring manager/person who I would be reporting to, another director in the sector, a team mate in the sector and an HR director. I spoke with each of them for 30 minutes, so I was in the office for a little over 2 hours.

Following this round of in-person interviews, I was invited back for a second in-person meeting to meet with the VP of the sector. After my meeting with the VP, the hiring manager for the role presented me with an offer on the spot, pending a clear background check. I submitted my information to get the background check started, accepted the offer and started the following Monday. Really quick turnaround from offer to start, which was nice!

From application to start, I believe it was around 45 days, which is pretty standard. I appreciated the constant communication/updates from those who I met with, so I didn't feel like I was worried throughout this process.

Since being employed with the company, I have learned each hiring manager chooses their own process with how they want to interview, and depending on the department, some will choose to not do a HireVue interview, but most will so prepare yourself for that! Many people get sent to HireVue, but don't choose to complete the interview. If I could offer any advice, if you complete it, you are already so much farther ahead than many other applicants who choose not to do the HireVue interview!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself/your career background/your current role
      Why are you looking to make a job change? What attracted you to the position with Levy?
      What is your salary expectation for this role?
      Do you consider yourself to be a nice person? NICE is one of Levy's core values, just keep that in mind when you see/hear this question and think about why it's being asked.
      What are you most proud of both professionally and personally?
      Tell us about a challenging situation you had in the workplace and how you handled it.
      How do you generally respond to others when they have a conflicting opinion from yours?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levy (Chicago, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online . They call me like 2 or 3 days after for interview . I went & interviewed with a guy name Richard he basically told me about levy & asked me literally 2 questions . I guess I didn’t answer him the way he expected me to answer them because I didn’t get the job . When the interview was over he told me that they do 2nd interviews & someone from Hr will call or email me to schedule me n I never received a call or an email .

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levy.

Interview

About an hour long interview. I was asked basic interview questions: why i was interested in position, where i see myself in the future, and what can you bring to company

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Levy (Chicago, IL) in June 2019.

Interview

Automated Interview where you had 30 seconds to see each question and 2 minutes to respond, then interview with hiring manager, then interview with head of analytics before being denied

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with large databases?   Answer Question
    • What would you change or reinvent about how concessions are done currently?   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Levy (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR manager was easy. The conversation consisted of questions geared towards getting to know me and my past work experience. A week later is when I had the in-person interview with the HR manager as well as the director of the department. Interview was very laid back and more informal like. They made me feel very comfortable and asked questions about my past work experience and what my future career goals are.

The problem I ran into was they gave me a call back decision timeline of two to three weeks. I sent a follow-up email post interview. After the three week mark, I emailed the HR manager asking for the decision timeline, no response. A week after I sent that email, I emailed the director with the same question and still no response. I even called and left a voicemail and it was completely disregarded. I reached out to the person who referred me and it wasn't until then that I received an email stating that they went with another candidate. Very poor communication coming from an organization that really wants to "grow". I also find it odd how there are a handful of people who work in this organization within the Fiserv Forum who don't even enjoy sports or could careless about sports.

I definitely would not recommend applying here, even if you have a strong referral. Their communication is poor and completely disregard you as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals and what do you see yourself doing in a couple of years?   Answer Question

Senior Purchasing Manager - United Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Levy (Chicago, IL) in June 2019.

Interview

I interviewed for the job in winter of 2018. It’s summer 2019 and they’re still interviewing/ghosting people lol. Haven’t received a rejection notice either. Don’t believe the “core values” pitches they’re highly unorganized and robotic. “The Levy Difference” is what they define it as.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Levy.

Interview

I was referred by a co-worker. I was emailed by one of the managers and she gave a day to come in for an interview. I went to the interview and I was hired on the spot. Then they sent me my schedule.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levy (Chicago, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

It was a video interview, which is the first round. I later got a reject email for this role. There were four video questions for which I recorded my response and submitted the video to them.

Caterer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Levy.

Interview

Standard interview questions, looking for eagerness to learn or confidence in job experience. Typically conducted with the department manager and takes about 20 minute, especially if you make a personal connection with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this would be a good position for you?   Answer Question