Lidl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lidl Interview Questions

Interviews at Lidl

2.7

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

Very common questions, met with 4 people during the final call. Very serious and structured. The initial screening was about 15-20 minutes and went over the basics of why you wanted to come to this company and what you can offer, then the final interview was more in depth and lasted an hour

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

There were three rounds of assessment, including online test and interviews.
    The first round of assessment is phone interview by Human Resources staff.
    Online test is fair in terms of difficulty.
    The human resources staff are nice and friendly.
    They usually speak in English.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Raleigh, NC) in April 2020.

Interview

The process was two parts, a recruiters ALYCIA and the Regional Manager, bother were amicable enough questions were standard and due to the COVID-19 everything was phone and video interviews. The problem lays with the unprofessionalism and follow up. Do not state a day for follow up no matter the outcome and not follow through. I had a serious interest in joining this company, but if they don't have simple decency its probably best I was not hired. To be clear I sent three follow up emails to the recruiter over three weeks following the interview with no responses on the status. I finally got an automated response a full four weeks later, they never followed up themselves which they said they would and even specified a date, now I realize things happen and dates change but I personally reached out three times over a three week span and they never replied. This is a company that won't last in the US market, no with such lack of professionalism and basic manners.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (College Park, MD) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online at the Lidl Website and then was then contacted by email to set up a phone interview. Next, I had the phone interview and then was invited to Lidl HQ for the next round of in person interviews.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Initial Job screen was fairly easy, just general questions-- who are you/ background. I got a call 3 days after i applied.
    Second interview was with 2 managers; favourite part of the interview! questions were challenging but not impossible-- really gave great insight about what was expected of you/ things they were looking for in a candidate and general situational questions.

Third interview is where everything went left. They flew me out, everything was fine. I had to take an excel test, then met with 2 directors/ VP's I guess. Questions that I was asked seemed to be way more advanced than what their job description implied. lasted about 1hr, one of the interviews pulled his phone out whilst I asked him questions-- super unprofessional, not a company that i would want to represent.

They did pay for my travel expenses, but I was told to keep my receipts from Airport the HQ, to be refunded for that, a few months have passed and I've yet to hear back from anyone regarding that. Really unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lidl (Harrisonburg, VA) in January 2020.

Interview

Awesome. Really informative, gave me a great idea of how the internship would go and what type of work I would be doing. Would highly recommend this position. Also, the interview was very relaxed and I did not feel pressured as I did in other interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA) in November 2019.

Interview

This process is pretty similar to the standard with most companies. First there was a phone screening with HR. The following day I was asked to do a Skype interview with your potential upper level manager. About a week later, I was asked to come down to HQ for a final interview with the direct manager and another team member. As for the questions asked, most were very standard interview questions with behavioral questions asked as well. For this particular role, I also was asked to complete an Excel test to check my knowledge working with data and manipulating it similar to what may be expected of you. Also, if you are a German speaker and applied for a role that requires the language be ready to communicate in German during your interviews to test your fluency. Overall, this was a very smooth process.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lidl (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online and received a video interview invitation the next day. In the video interview you are giving 7 questions and only one chance for recording the answer.

Overnight Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

called in for interview 3 days later after applying online. 1 to 1 interview with assistant managers, was asked a few questions regarding availability and personal. Was not offered the job and received no email, but already knew it was a rejection.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA) in October 2019.

Interview

Company looking for clear concise answers. Ask lots of questions especially when asked do you have any questions (asked multiple times during and not just at the end). Once interviewing, offer was extended the next day. You do present a PowerPoint presentation that they’ll prompt you about before the interview. Also you have a section of mock negotiation.