Lidl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.7

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Richmond, VA).

Interview

It was a new store opening so it was a very informal interview. There were 2 managers interviewing me. They just asked basic questions. I received an offer by email the next morning.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

Applied online, phone screening, Skype interview, then an in person interview at the DC office. Overall very negative impersonal experience. They ignored my salary requirements which were listed on the application and discussed during the phone screening. My offer was about half what I currently earn. Big waste of time and unprofessional.

Land Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Two interviews. One phone screening and one in person (Philly). Interviewers were impressed with my prompt response and ability to make the 3 hour drive on 18 hours notice.

Interviewers were disengaged almost entirely and seemed to lack the fundamental understanding of the position I was applying for. I was shocked to find out that a land acquisition team had 0 knowledge of GIS. It appeared that the interviewers had already made up their mind prior to my arrival and I was only meeting a quota.

Interview Questions

• What unique ability can you bring to our team?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

I applied online and got the phone interview several weeks later. The HR was nice but the interview has been rescheduled for 3 times. The position did not provide H1B sponsorship.

Interview Questions

• Went through working experience on resume and ask experience about using SAP.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to the Logistics Analyst position at Lidl US after learning about the company's expansion into the US. I applied through the company's website. I was a recent college graduate and thought that working for a growing company like Lidl would be an exciting career opportunity.

I first had a phone screening with the hiring manager that lasted 20-30 minutes. My interview was scheduled for 10am EST, but I ended up calling the recruiter after waiting 25 minutes for her to call me. She seemed surprised, as if she had forgotten that she had an interview scheduled with me. She asked me a couple of basic questions about my background and what I was looking for.

It was a little over a month before I heard back from the company. They were interested in moving on to the next stage of the interview process, which was a Skype interview with a senior logistics analyst. My interview was scheduled for 10:30AM. I waited for an hour and never received a phone call, at which point I contacted the hiring manager and told her. She apologized and scheduled another interview for the following week.

The interviewer was almost 20 minutes late for the re-scheduled Skype interview. He, too, asked a couple of general questions about my qualifications and gave me some more insight into the position. It lasted about 30 minutes. There was supposed to be a test call 10-15 minutes before the interview was scheduled to begin, as well as an invitation from Lidl's Talent Acquisition Skype account, but I never received either. During the interview the call was dropped due to the interviewer's bad Internet connection, so he called my cell phone and we continued the interview without Skype. By this point I had already decided on going another direction with my job search, since it had taken about two months to get to this point in the interview process.

A week after the Skype interview, the recruiter called me and invited me to an on-site interview in two weeks at the corporate HQ in Arlington, but I turned down the offer and decided to end my application with Lidl in favor of another opportunity. During the interview process the company came off to me as unprofessional and unorganized, and I didn't want to work for such a dysfunctional company. If they were consistently late or absent to job interviews, then how would they treat me if I were to work for them? I'd rather work for a company that values my time and keeps its word. It's a shame too, because I was extremely interested in the opportunity, but the way the company presented itself to me completely turned me off from working there. I hope they can get more organized as they grow and expand into the US market.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Lidl, and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Agency Production Specialist Interview

Interview

Never made it to an interview - I was very excited about this company and opportunity. Felt I was well qualified for the position so I spent some time writing up a nice cover letter... submitted my application and ten minutes later got a generic email saying they have carefully reviewed my submission and decided not to move forward. Rejection is fine, but I did not appreciate that it was probably one person sitting at a computer, not "carefully reviewing" my effort at all!

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lidl (Mebane, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied Online to Company website. Received a phone call requesting to do a phone Interview. Received a second call 7-10 later inviting to an in-person Interview. The Interview was with 2 Warehouse Team Leaders. Interview was about 30 minutes. Now will wait for hopefully a follow-up from the Company with 7-10 days. Felt the Interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a co-worker or supervisor and what did you handle that?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I read the negative reviews on here and against my better judgement, still applied to work for Lidl. A couple of days after applying, I had a phone screen with someone in HR, who went over the job description, and told me they were looking to hire ASAP. The next week, I had a Skype interview with a manager, which went very well. We discussed their upcoming promotions, the analyst position, and their purchasing process. Days later, I was asked to come to Arlington for an in-person interview. I was introduced to other managers, who asked me to walk them through my resume. As soon as I started talking, one of the managers started looking out of the window. I was sitting across from him, so seeing him look past me was pretty awkward. Then, when they asked if I had any questions, I asked what was the work life balance was like (I had read some concerning reviews from previous/current employees), and they both looked at each other, and there was an awkward silence. The other manager starts stuttering, and basically says that because they're growing, there's a ton of night and weekend work. Then, I was given a break, and I sat in the lobby with other applicants while we waited to be called for the role play portion of the interview. I had to pretend that I was an employee trying to negotiate with a difficult vendor. I was sent an email the previous day from HR with the terms I had to get the "vendor" to agree to, and I wasn't allowed to bring any notes with me. After I finished the role play (I was able to remember 5 out of the 7 terms), I asked how much of my job would entail negotiating, and I was told little to none, since the managers determine and enforce the terms. Then why is this included in the hiring process!! Shortly after leaving, I received an email stating that I would not be receiving an offer. I have an idea of why I wasn't offered the job, but for the sake of being politically correct, I won't say it here.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Was referred. Long process. Seemed like a nice company with a good atmosphere. Felt initial greeting from HR was icy (BTW there was no HR interview). Other individuals I interviewed with seemed more welcoming and interested.

HRIS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the director and another department manager for an 1hr. Recruiter was good. Very well organized process. The director went into detail about what the job would entail and asked great questions about my previous experience and shared a bit of his own background with the company. It was a good interview. Very pleasant office space/professional.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standardinter questions. I what do you know about Lidl? Why do you want this role?   Answer Question