Life.Church Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Life.Church Interview Questions

Interviews at Life.Church

4.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life.Church.

Interview

Life.Church's process is very detailed, lengthy and fun. They hire top notch people from each field, so they are very intentional in their interview process. The last part of my interview process involved me bringing my husband to a panel interview. I really appreciated and enjoyed that part of the process.

Interview Questions

• As an extrovert, how would you correspond/communicate with someone who is introverted?   1 Answer

Director of Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life.Church (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview. I then did a few video interviews, both panel and one on one, one including my husband. This would typically be in person but due to the COVID pandemic the whole process was on video for me. There was also a series of tests that helped you learn more about yourself which I really enjoyed. They took the time to discuss your results, and you could tell that the employees interviewing you genuinely cared.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life.Church (Edmond, OK) in February 2020.

Interview

Before the process begins, I encourage you to pray and speak with leaders in your faith community. Each step was intentionally designed to search my heart and the calling before me. It begins with a phone screening to get an initial check of culture and intent. For engineering roles, a technical interview follows that to assess your skillset. The next round is testing. This round is super insightful even if the process doesn't end with an offer. There is an opportunity for growth. After the testing, I discussed my results with a panel. Finally, my wife and I were invited to an interview event that lasted two days. The first day you attend a service and learn about Life.Church. The last day is a series of interviews that create a discernment process for both sides. At the end of the day, both you and your spouse and the interviewing team will know if Life.Church is where you are called to be. Slow down and enjoy the whole process. No matter the outcome, you will be impacted and grow from it.

Pastor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life.Church (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2020.

Interview

It was wonderfully intense. Real experienced based questions allowed them to gauge my actual fit. The process was thorough & encouraging when I was told I made it through! There were many strategic questions asked. Basic answers where not accepted; each interviewer dug deep into my responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were overwhelmed in your job responsibilities & what you did about it.   1 Answer

Associate Youth Pastor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Life.Church (Edmond, OK) in January 2020.

Interview

After submitting an application, I heard back about a month later a request for a short video to be submitted. Then multiple video interviews and phone calls took place before I was flown to Edmond OK. with my wife for an in-person interview. This process was high pressure and a full day of interviews. This was by far the most rigorous interview process I have ever taken part in and yet I have absolutely no complaints! I very much appreciate the intentionality with each interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a working relationship in the past where a fellow employee did not like you very much. How did you handle that relationship?   Answer Question

Associate Host Team Pastor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life.Church (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2019.

Interview

The process I went through was very intense but amazing. They ask questions that make you think about the next steps in your life, and encourage feedback from both sides. Such an awesome opportunity!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an issue during the middle of a service?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Life.Church.

Interview

It was very thorough, they made it clear they wanted to create a good fit both for themselves and for me. Everyone with whom I spoke was very friendly, and it was very natural and easy to hold conversations with them.

Interview Questions

• Share a situation at work that made you uncomfortable, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Operations Pastor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Life.Church (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process is no joke, but don't be scared! I was a ball of nerves going into it, but shortly after it started I recognized that everyone there has our best interest at heart and wants to make sure you are the right fit and that they are too. Be prepared for lots of questions and getting out of your comfort zone. Lots of down time. Highly recommend formulating friendships through the weekend, it helps to lean on the other candidates, and let others lean on you too!

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you will have to sacrifice if you come on staff?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Life.Church (Edmond, OK) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was made up of 3 video interviews, project simulation, testing and finally a 2 day interview event. Day One is a tour and greater understanding of Life.Church culture. Day Two is filled with intense self awareness interviews designed to identify those that best fit the culture, pace and heart necessary to be effective at Life.Church.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your strengths and weakness and how you identified them?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life.Church (Edmond, OK) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process with Life.Church was super life-giving. They were extremely generous, loving, and prayerful while also being professionally rigorous and following standard corporate interview procedures. Ultimately, it was so clear that what they wanted was for each candidate was to understand their call from God and to discern if each candidate was sent by God for the role. Through my interview process, through personally praying and listening to God it became clear to me that I did not feel called to work for Life.Church. Ultimately, though I did not end up accepting a role from Life.Church it was a positive experience that blessed me in many ways.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the purpose and goals of Life.Church. How do you feel like you could help Life.Church achieve that vision? Please give a concise statement of why you feel called to Life.Church.   Answer Question