Life.Church Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

4.0

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life.Church (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The interview will be very challenging. There are multiple interviews for any role. Numerous people are involved in the process. There is a lot of testing prior to the interview process.

Life Groups Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life.Church.

Interview

It was lengthy and unclear. I was told to attend an informal interview at a coffee shop and it ended up being more of an interrogation than an interview. One person was very nice the other very rude. Strange. It was an unusually process and it took them a very long time to make a decision. I have heard other people say the same things about this organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a joke was the final question.   1 Answer

Directory of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Life.Church (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

4 month process involved missed calls, no replies and multiple excuses as to why/how an email or call didn't make it to me. Tried to involve management and they didn't care to improve or take ownership of process either.

Online Host Team Pastor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life.Church (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

First round interview was scheduled quickly. They explained what the process would be. I knew by the end of the week I was not moving on to the next round. It was handled very professionally.

Interview Questions

• It was really an interview to get to know me as a person. I could tell they knew what they wanted in the applicants. They covered personal, professional and spiritual questions.   Answer Question

Central Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Life.Church (Edmond, OK).

Interview

A bit drawn out. Very thorough with testing and multiple interviews. It's clear that they care about getting the right people in the right role. Team chemistry and cultural fit are very important. My spouse was required to be in the final interview, which I really appreciated. It's great when you can process together and make the decision together.

Interview Questions

• How would Satan take you out?
      What do you value in a leader?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life.Church (Edmond, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was absolutely wonderful. After reviewing my resume, preliminary testing, and phone screenings, Life.Church paid for my flight and hotel stay to interview. All details were fully communicated about the process. For other candidates, spouses were even flown in for the event. You could tell the staff really cared for the people they were hiring. Their goal was to make sure you fit in the culture and love the mission of the church otherwise it would not be a good fit for either party.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was a big failure of mine in life and what I did about it   Answer Question

Host Team Pastor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life.Church (Edmond, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

The full interview process was a 3-day experience designed to help us understand the culture of Life.Church and for them to get to know me and my family. The interview event itself pulled multiple candidates (and spouses) for multiple open positions together to do basic interview questions through a rotation process. Then each candidate was ranked. Folks who made it to the next couple rounds had the opportunity to be interviewed in more of a one-on-one setting with their spouse. After that, the final portion was a communication practice, where we drew a topic out of a hat, had 10 minute to prepare a 6-minute talk on the topic and present it to the whole group of candidates and interviewers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was about how failing in my previous job shaped me.   Answer Question

LifeGroup & Missions Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jenks, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Life.Church (Jenks, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Very intense but well worth the process. You learn a lot about yourself in the interview and every conversation regardless of if you are in the actual interview or just at dinner is part of the process. If you make it to the other side there is a very high rate of success,very few will not make it past the 90 days. This is why the interview is very intense because they want to set the organization as a whole up to succeed. Know that it is not just you interview, your spouse is also a part of the interview as well.

Interview Questions

• If I told you in 2 months you had to recruit 50 Lifegroups how would you make that happen?   Answer Question

Associate Youth Pastor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Life.Church (Edmond, OK).

Interview

Lots of intentional questions and "pressure cooker" situations. They want to get to know the REAL you. Not just an interview master. They'll ask a lot of situational questions to see how you would react in different circumstances, and they'll ask you to tell stories from your life to help them understand if you're a good fit for them. They're not looking for just someone who can do the job. They're looking for someone who is already on board with the vision they have as a church.

AVL Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Life.Church (Edmond, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Multiple levels of pre-interview phone calls, testing (Aptitude, CDAT, M/B, Spiritual Gifts...) prior to on-site interview. On-site interview was panel style and included my spouse. I enjoyed the process very much as it showed the premium they place and the time they take on trying to hire the right candidates.