Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Showed up and took a critical thinking test and a spelling test. Then was asked to demonstrate some of the skills and tasks needed for the job. (Each task was thoroughly explained and demonstrated beforehand). Then I had a personal interview and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw that the flowers in the pot has died?   1 Answer

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. Taking a test is the first thing you do. If you pass, then you continue. Very little communication with me between multiple interviews. Process began in August and I did not get an offer until October.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial email from HR to set up a call to go over my application and the position. A call was scheduled the following week for a general screening (less than 10 minutes) and quick explanation of the role. I received an email a few days later asking me to come in for an “interview”.

During the “interview” I was given a quick tour of the office by the interim director. As we were standing in the classroom area with a student nearby she asked if I had any questions for her about the role or program. I found it odd to be asked that in close proximity to a student while standing in the hallway instead of in private. I was then told I would be taking a spelling test and an assessment (Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Assessment) and asked to fill out a paper employment application. After the test I was told they would score and get back to me soon. At no point was there an actual interview or discussion of the role. The whole processes seemed very odd.

A few days later I was sent a generic email thanking me for my time and informing me they went with another candidate.

Clincian Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I met briefly with them at their office. They mostly asked questions about my previous tutoring and teaching experience. They explained their process and the requirements (like dress code) for the job. It was casual and friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous tutoring/teaching experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Portland, OR) in May 2018.

Interview

We were brought onto a panel of four or five people. We were all screened for presentation, tested for our basic spelling and grammar skills and prompted to participate in a mock version of instruction. It was followed up with a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What we would do if a child got distracted.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Westlake Village, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

They call it a screening rather than an interview. I was told it would take 3 hours (accurate), and I was in a small group of 3 candidates. First we were given a 25 item spelling test, then a 30 minute standardized assessment of logical and critical thinking. After this we watched a video explaining the history and approach of the tutoring we would be doing, then were given a demonstration by the interviewer. After the demo, we were asked to role play as tutors and students while the interviewer watched us. We were told at the end that we would be contacted by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• They asked about our availability (full time, part time, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Critical thinking test and spelling test. If you pass both, you're asked to stay for part 2, where you do mock sessions to see how quickly you'll pick up on specific program language. The whole process can take 2 hours, sometimes it's split up into two days.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a vase of dead flowers or trash on the floor in the lobby?   Answer Question
    • How would you introduce yourself to a student on their first day?   Answer Question

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes.

Interview

I applied online, it took around a day for them to accept me and call me in for the first screening. It is a short spelling test, some words are quite difficult, but you can do it! There is also a critical thinking multiple choice section, it is a bit tought, but we will see if I made it! They are all so polite there.

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes in June 2018.

Interview

Spelling test, critical thinking test, generic interview if you pass the aforementioned tests. I applied online and got a call the next day. The interviewer was very friendly and straightforward about the process. I left with a good impression, which was why I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw trash on the floor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

Part One of the screening involved a spelling and critical thinking test. Spelling test included some 'nonsense' spelling. This was followed by introduction to company, role-play activities, and final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment of success when working with/teaching a student.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Tampa, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

You are given a spelling test and a personality/skills test then the center director asks a series of questions and if you pass all tests and questions they ask you back for an overview of the job and an introduction to the company and then they ask you if you can complete a 2 week paid training.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw trash on the floor?
      What would you do to relate to a student you are teaching?   1 Answer