Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes.

Interview

There was a short spelling test and a critical analysis test. (Studying the critical analysis practice test will be very beneficial.) This was followed by an in-person interview. The tests are really just to make sure you are competent to teach the material and the in-person interview is to make sure you know how to manage behavior in children.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. What would you do if magic stones fell on the floor with little time left in a lesson?   2 Answers

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes.

Interview

Took a test and had an interview the same day. Test was difficult for some of my friends. Spelling.. Reading Comp.. If you do not excel in these areas, you should not apply.
    The test is done in a group and then those that pass have an individual interview with the Asst Director.
    Overall it is a veryyyyy long interview day, you should block out the entire day.

Interview Questions

• If you saw dead roses on the office's hallway floor, what would you do with them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lake Hills, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (West Lake Hills, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Like people said they give you a spelling test and a critical thinking test. I'm pretty sure I failed the spelling test, but they did not tell us if we failed or not. Me and another woman went to the next process of going through a practice exercise with the interviewer, and then we each got an interview.

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Just an overall odd and unnecessarily difficult hiring process. They use an aptitude test to scree n out applicants. They have one of their employees introduce the company and make us watch a video about company history as well. They grade the aptitude test and spelling test (which was wasn't so bad but seemed like nonsense). Then, then thank you for your time and that's it. No chance to even interview or go over your work experience. Well, even going over your test score, but they don't even let you do that.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Park, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Oak Park, IL).

Interview

After filling out an application you receive what seems like a generated email to come in for a screening test which consists of a spelling and critical thinking test.

Upon entering, you are seated and shown a video about the company followed by the tests. The spelling test has words like camouflage, character, receive, and belligerent. There are also 4 nonsense words you must spell phonetically. As for the critical thinking test, you are only given 30 minutes to finish. You will not be given the results.

Once finished with both tests you may leave and are told they will let you know either way in the next couple days.

Two days later I received a generic rejection email.

As for my opinion on the "interview," I found it very impersonal. You don't talk to anyone and the process seems one size fits all no matter the position being applied for. To me, the spelling test made sense, but critical thinking wasn't particularly relevant. I get the company wants to weed out certain people, yet feel as though these tests don't greatly reflect my knowledge or skills in relation to the position.

Clinician Interview

Interview

Fairly straightforward. 2 sets of interviews. You take an assessment first, and if you pass, you are called in for a second interview. The second interview involved a series of questions and some role play.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there were rotten flowers in the common space?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I have been working with kids for years, and could not get this job based on one test. I find it unfair that someone with a passion to help children should be denied. I did not even make it to the real interview process because I did not pass the test. The test was on critical thinking, and even with studying I found it very difficult. Would not want to be apart of team who hires based on numbers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Bryn Mawr, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Truly awful experience. Have a PhD in Education and have tutored special education kids for the past 7 years and they asked me to take a spelling test? Then I had to take some kind of logic test. I fail to see what any of those testing methods have to do with your ability to tutor students with learning problems. Very corporate interview with nasty interviewer who was very rude and impolite when I asked to use the bathroom.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me anything. The whole experience consisted of taking tests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (El Segundo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took about 3 hours. First they had me take a "screening exam." This consisted of a spelling test (some actual words, some nonsense words to check for phonetic understanding) and a logic test. They then sent me back to the front office while they graded the exams. The called me back after I passed (if you don't they send you home from there). Then I watched a long video on their philosophy/mission/what they do at LindaMood Bell. I practiced some reading strategies with the person interviewing me. Then, he asked me some very generic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What are two personal strengths and two personal weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The give you a comprehension and spelling test, then you watch a video, then you do a one on one interview if you pass the test. Then you fill out their online forms and do a background screening.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see a piece of trash in the hallway.   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes (Oak Park, IL).

Interview

Lengthy interview process. First interview was a group interview with both spelling and learning comprehension tests. Second interview was a phone interview with a woman from another location who oversees hiring/recruiting. Third interview was a one-on-one with the center director and MORE TESTS. Fourth interview was a video conference with the person who oversees about 15 centers. About a day after my fourth interview, I was given the very generic, "sorry, but we've decided to go with another candidate" email. When I replied to the sender as to why I was no longer considered a viable candidate (just to maybe get some feedback, etc) I never heard back from them. I feel that after the amount of time I spent interviewing that this was rather unprofessional and just downright rude.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized in a work environment that is hectic?   Answer Question