Lionakis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Lionakis Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lionakis in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the firm via Skype;. They claimed they were looking for someone to work in their Newport Beach office. This was a big fat lie because they had almost no structural engineers in their office there.

The structural engineering principals became really upset when I stated in the interview I would not be emailing my design work for their review. I would grant this in an in-person interview.

The heads of the structural engineering department had no intent on hiring people for their office. They were using the interviews for free consulting. Refuse to provide PDF samples of your work because they have no intent on hiring you. I was ghosted because I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Would you send us PDFs of your engineering designs?   1 Answer

Senior Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lionakis (Sacramento, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Process was straight forward and fairly standard. Had an interview with 3 project managers and a studio leader. They were looking for people to add to their civic department. Explained the type of projects and management style clearly. Although, it felt pretty corporate with a lot of boxes to check. The people in the room had limited power and negotiation ability. They felt the need to explain to me this was standard practice for the industry which was condescending and made the firm seem dated. When they took me on a tour they wanted to project themselves as a powerful firm but came across as a firm struggling with internal issues. They did offer me a position but the salary was by far the lowest. They didn’t like being informed about how out of touch they are with local competitors.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the industry benefits from black cape architects?   1 Answer

Project Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lionakis.

Interview

Hiring process was slow and lengthy. I submitted my resume and a week later I had a phone screening interview with one person from HR. One week after that they set up another phone interview. Three people from the company interviewed me for one hour. Another week later a third phone interview was set up, and another three different people interviewed me for another hour. Interview questions were good, thoughtful questions about me, my experience, my education and what my goals were. None of the questions were the typical cheesy interviewer questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult or standard. They asked thoughtful questions that were not simple yes/no or hypothetical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but should have.