Living Spaces Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Living Spaces

HardAverageEasy
Found 72 candidate interviews
Featured InterviewHelpful (2)
Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Irvine, CA) in Jan 2020

Interview

It was quick, yet full of knowledge. I got walked around the store with the manager interviewing me, asked to sell something to her and then went in for a second interview with GM.

Interview Questions
  • Why living spaces?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Living Spaces (United States)

Interview

It was a group interview and then I was asked to come back in for an interview with just myself and the general manager. During the group interview they asked a variety of usual questions and then had us pretend to sell them an item.

Interview Questions
  • What was something a past boss has told you you could improve on?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Living Spaces (United States)

Interview

We did the interview through Webex which was really convenient and felt safer. They were very open and transparent about the position and what they were looking for. Be prepared to have specific examples covering different customer service scenarios. It was a very comfortable conversation and I left feeling good about the experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you have to deal with a very difficult/unhappy customer.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Living Spaces (United States)

Interview

The interviewers were so kind and very inviting. I loved interviewing with Living Spaces because everyone was so nice. They asked standard questions about you, past experiences and your design style. It was a fun interview and I really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself How would you design a micro-studio What is your design style
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Living Spaces (United States)

Interview

I am going to sound harsh but really, Living Spaces, if you want to "stay current with times and trends" then hire people who are competent with the current trends and times. The corporate recruiter didn't even know the functionality of the team that I was interviewing for. Really? What? She asked outdated questions like "What do you know about Living Spaces" - really? Why don't you ask technical questions that the position is for? Well, it is because you don't know what the position even does. Tip to the CEO, I really would recommend to take another look at your corporate staff and make the necessary changes if you want to catch up and keep up with current times. Either make your corporate recruiter take a training to get her up to date or hire new people who are in with current times.

Interview Questions
Living Spaces
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

It started with a group interview at a table (there were four interviewees and three interviewers). We then had an "audition" with a mock customer to see how we would handle doing sales. After answering several questions we were warmly treated and told to wait for at least two weeks before we heard back (this is the time they use to run a background check. After three weeks I received a call to come in for a second interview but this one was a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Living Spaces?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Living Spaces (United States)

Interview

Interviewee is taken to either a sofa or table on the sales floor and seated. A general skills and experience review is given. They ask why you were interested in the position and how you would react to certain scenarios. Then, you are asked to roleplay the sale of the item you're seated on.

Interview Questions
  • In your previous sales job, what was your average ranking?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Living Spaces (La Mirada, CA) in Jun 2020

Interview

I applied online through their website. Got an email from the recruiter within 4 days, to schedule a phone screen. She was so nice and gentle plus informative. She was one of the nicest recruiter i ever met. Next was 1:1 with the hiring manager. Was really technical. But they never got back to me after that.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me successful campaign you executed and what were the results
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Living Spaces (United States)

Interview

Phone call with the recruiter, which was scheduled the day before. We went over my background and work history which was pretty standard. The other half of the interview was devoted towards asking me about my knowledge of Living Spaces. I explained as much as I knew about the company, but made the unfortunate mistake of comparing them to IKEA. I was told they were absolutely nothing like IKEA except for the size of their physical stores. I was criticized for not visiting one of their stores, but was given a "half pass" because the interview was scheduled the day prior. I was told that if I was still interested in the position, I had to do more research on the company and to call the recruiter back. I called her back but she seemed disinterested at that point. Besides asking me about my work history, I was never asked about my programming experience.

Interview Questions
Living Spaces
Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Roseville, CA) in Mar 2020

Interview

First, I was contacted via email, where I had to answer some questions like: How did I become aware of Living Spaces, what draws me to Retail or Furniture Industry and what excites me about this opportunity. After that, we had a phone interview and we spoke about the role and the company and I was asked about my previous experiences. Next was an interview through Webex, with 5 people, I understood that they normally go strait to in person interview, I was asked about potential situations and how would I solve/perform them. I don't remember the exact timing but it was fairly short time between these interviews. At the end I got a phone call and an offer.

Interview Questions
  • How did you become aware of Living Spaces?
  • What excites you about this opportunity?
  • And couple of general questions like tell me about yourself.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Living Spaces (United States)

Interview

Applied online, was invited to group interview/informational session. About an hour, HR manager and store manager met with us and gave presentation on the company. Benefits and culture sound great. Gave us opportunity to ask questions and learn and then gave us a store tour. Said that they would be in touch with us individually with next steps. All of us had applied for store manager positions but they were looking to fill several openings. In my case, I didn't have a background in retail so they wanted me for e-commerce at corporate. Told me openings would be approved in Jan (the following month). I kept in touch with the recruiter who was great - but unfortunately none of the openings have been a match for my experience and skillset yet.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 72