Living Spaces Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Living Spaces

2.3

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Menifee, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Menifee, CA).

Interview

I applied online and within a couple of weeks I was contacted to come in for an interview. I arrived about 5-10 minutes early and was made to wait past the time of my scheduled interview. I interviewed with the Visual Manager and his manager. The interview lasted about 30 mins and they asked basic questions. Nothing too hard, nothing memorable. They finished with asking if I had any questions, which I can never think of then let me know that they would get back to me soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you were under pressure to perform.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Living Spaces in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed one on one with HR through employee referal, said I would hear back from her in a week. No phone call nor email for the outcome of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Fremont, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I showed up for the interview 10 minutes early thinking I was meeting with the HR manager. Instead, I was told to wait in a corner of the sales floor while they found someone to interview me. As I sat by the cashiers desk, I listened to a "brand manager" and a former visual manager discuss my resume. Some of my favorite comments were "damn! why would he want to work here?" Followed by "He is WAY too experienced for what we pay." After five more minutes of them chit chatting within ear shot, the "brand manager" comes up to me and before even introducing himself, starts the conversation with "Hey boss, I hear you want to work for Living spaces?"
    The interview officially began about 40 minutes after I arrived. We sat on the sales floor while they told me how amazing the company was and how much they loved working there. From there, I was asked about my experience and a series of straight from a piece of paper standard questions. Bone basic interview questions. They disappeared for about ten minutes and when they reappeared I was given a quick tour/ overview of the sales floor. From there, I was asked to do a mini presentation that I had 30 minutes to complete. I was given a stock person to "assist me" but really just slowed me down as he was not a very fast mover. I gave him a task of grabbing a chair for me and proceeded to go grab everything else. I finished in 15 minutes and then waited 5 minutes for one of them to reappear. We went over the presentation and discussed it. From there, the interview was over and was told they would get back to me within 72 hours. I sent them a email after 96 hours and 72 hours later I received a call with a offer about $8 an hour less than what we had agreed was a doable basement wage for me. I thankfully rejected the offer.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

it was ok. They asked alot of detail questions in regards to data. I interviewed several people there and it was alright . All in all like normal interview that you expect

Interview Questions

• what kind of data work did I do. What my past experiecnes were   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Living Spaces in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a manager within a week of applying for the job; scheduled for an interview; had to wait about 45 minutes for the manager to be available because he was in a meeting during my scheduled interviewed time. Finally was able to interview with one of the managers. Pretty basic questions about...why I wanted to work for Living Spaces, what is customer service, what I was doing with school. Had to take a drug test and submit approval for a background check. Was hired that same day.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

talk to one manager then I talked to the general manager. then I was asked to come back tow days later waited for three hours then we talked for a hour then they offer me the job

Interview Questions

• how much experience and how I would fix certain problems   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Panel interview and extremely scripted. Each interviewer asked questions from pre-printed script, one was even scolded when he tried to ask a follow up question clearly not from the paper. I was surprised how little follow up there was with answers I provided, almost like a check mark and moved on to next question. It was a light hearted environment but no real hard behavior based questions or specifically sales generation questions. I would have interviewed much tougher if I were on the other side of table.

Interview Questions

• Generic: questions you would find in any standard interviewing book/website   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Alamo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a meet & greet that was scheduled 10-12. Due to heavy traffic I had to leave at 8 so I didn’t have breakfast. There was no bottled water or food and I finally excused myself at 1:30 due to another meeting resulting in being stuck in traffic. There was very little discussion about Living Spaces, rather the GMs conducting the meeting seemed more interested in talking about themselves. The introductions went on and on with no control over the time.

Interview Questions

• I wasn’t asked any questions. The only opportunity I had to speak was during the introduction.   Answer Question

Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

3 stage interview (phone, panel & presentation). Started great but presentation portion was confusing. When I asked for clarification, received curt reply (bordering on rude) that encouraged unethical behaviors. Sadly, this & generic decline letter reflected poorly on company culture (which is important to me). Shame since it seems like it could be a great place to work.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Living Spaces (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with the recruiter. She seemed great and had some great company insight to share. She helped prep me for the panel interview that would be scheduled within a couple of days. I arrived early for the panel interview and then had to wait almost an hour to be seen as "something came up" and had to be handled. Being experienced in retail I absolutely understood. The panel interview was ok. The HR person didn't seem interested. One GM kept whispering to the HR manager after I would answer questions. The other GM seemed distracted the whole time. Not much insight given regarding the company and what they were looking for even though I did ask. After the interview I was told that I would be receiving a follow up call from the recruiter. She called me and asked how it went. She then explained that they've put the hiring process on hold due to the regional being out on leave. I sent two additional email follow ups over the span of a month and received no response. They missed out on a great asset by not hiring me. That part is fine and I understand that I won't always be offered a position. However to mislead candidates and the lack of follow up is unprofessional and telling of the type of environment and company that it is. My last email I withdrew my interest in the company.