London Drugs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.6

Photo Electronics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rice, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at London Drugs (Rice, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called by the manager and requested to see him for an interview. The first interview took around 20 minutes where he asked me about my skills on photo / electronics. After two days, I was called in again for another group/panel interview where I was given situational scenarios of how to deal with angry customers and how I would react / respond to it. On the same day, I was given an on-line personality test and IQ/Intelligent test which took around 30 minutes to complete. Then I was called in again to submit all my pertinent documents such as proof of residence and tax account number. I was also given a form to fill in references of supervisors that I had in the past.

Interview Questions

• You have been asking questions on what kind of camera the customer wants and the customer said...just give me a camera...why are you asking so many questions?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at London Drugs (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by company recruiter a while later who had looked over my application / resume but also my LinkedIn profile as well.

Arranged pre-screen phone interview with recruiter. Pre-screen interview lasted well over an hour. We talked a lot about the position, London Drugs as a company and went over my resume. Because I was applying for a department manager position we spoke at great length about my experience. Overall this part went fairly well. Recruiter invited me to take online company assessment and sent me links to it via email. I also had to sign off on a background check and provide detailed work references information.

The online assessment takes about one hour and is timed. Very peculiar test in the sense that it tests you on things like repeating patterns and logic style questions. The timed questions go by very fast and you need to think fast as well. Some are only 30 seconds long and you cannot go back, it automatically advances to the next question. I found it fun but very challenging very much like an IQ test.

It was after this that my references contacted me telling me a company working for London Drugs (BackCheck?) had called for work and character related references. I was excited to see that they had gone as far as contacting all my references.

When I asked, the recruiter mentioned that there were 4 other candidates for this position being considered including one internal candidate as they always like to promote from within.

I should also mention that after all of these steps, I would still have to have a face to face interview possibly with the local store manager.

I thought my odds seemed good - 1 in 5 chance at the position, they checked my references etc.
    Then I heard nothing. One week. Two weeks passed. Nothing. I decided to follow up with the recruiter to see if there was any news about the position.

Finally after 5 weeks of waiting (and only because I tried repeatedly contacting the recruiter via email and LinkedIn) did I get a response that they had given the position to the internal candidate. There was no follow up from the recruiter. I can understand in this day and age that many companies will not tell you anything if you don't get selected for an interview. But I had a phone interview, did an online assessment and had my background and references checked. The least they could do for me (and the 4 other unsuccessful candidates) was to let us know and not have to chase them down for an answer. Very disappointed in their hiring process considering they have a great reputation as a company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience in customer service.   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Drugs (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Quite a long process. Email screening, Phone call screening 30-45 min and lastly online interview that lasts 60min. After all this email will come and say few things and "Unfortunately". Parttime 16 hour job, also needs a confirmed assurance that you are available anytime during the week with 16hours.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at London Drugs (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

There were several interviewees in one room. The interviewer started with a video presentation to introduce the company, products, income structure, responsibilities. Then asked us to fill a personal information form. After that, she interviewed us one by one in her own office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your former company and join our company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at London Drugs (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was a fairly quick process, first a phone call asking about availability etc, then the one on one interview at the store was done about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What were my skills, asked for examples of what I would do in certain situations, difficult customer etc.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at London Drugs (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and was sent an initial personality screening test. Then I was called to set a time for an in-person interview. Interview was with Department and Store managers, and it was very much a getting to know me interview. (Vs the "getting to know them" interviews.)

There was a background check completed, and after I accepted the job, I was brought in for paid training. 3 days of learning how things operate at the store level, which was very helpful of adapting to the culture of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at London Drugs?   1 Answer

Photo Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Drugs.

Interview

It was only one interview, followed by a 3 days training at the head office. The interviews was really good. It was with the lab manager and the store manager and the whole environment was really easy going. After the interview I answered an online background check and after a few days I went to the training at the head office and start to work.

Interview Questions

• They made some questions about my experience, explained about the job position, asked about my availability and if I was used to work in a fast pace and detail oriented environment.   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at London Drugs (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online.
    Phone Interview - very easy and did set up an appointment for instore interview.
    Instore Interview - was with two other managers from the store, approximately 1hr.
    Online Assessment - very difficult as you had to answer questions on a time limit basis.
    Background and reference Check - will call your references for sure.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning any Holidays in the near future ?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work at other Locations ?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at London Drugs (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager asked for my availability hours. The interview was very easy-going, probably because they needed immediate help. Was led into a room and did a one-on-one interview. He asked if I had any associations with their competitors. I said no.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at London Drugs (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a ten to 15 minute conversation about my resume and experience. They did not ask any behavioural type questions and kept things very simple. We were interrupted several times throughout the interview by the managers phone and the radio she wore. It was not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What kind of products are you familiar with? Tell me about your customer service experience? Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer