Long Island University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.5

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Long Island University (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall interview process went well. It started with a phone interview and later an in-person interview. They wanted to know why I would make a good fit with the company and explained a lot of new changes heading their way.

Interview Questions

Interview

Unqualified personnel sits with you for about five minutes and chats about life because it's that unprofessional. Some staff members are illeterate and lacking in mental capacity. I wish I was never hired in the first place.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

NO interview conducted, because the entire hiring is based on student's GPA and academic performance. once you get good GPA you will be automatically considered for the position. but, for tutor positions, you got to do interviews.

University Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Long Island University (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

After waiting for the interviewer for about 30 minutes, I was interviewed for about 30 minutes. The student who serving as a receptionist had no idea where the administrator was. He seemed to have forgotten that we had an appointment. Once we got started, he was very nice and non-chalant.

Interview Questions

• How long I had been in the field.   1 Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Old Brookville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Long Island University (Old Brookville, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very nice, short and informal interview process.
    The interviewer was very comfortable to talk to.
    The interviewer did not ask any hard questions, just very basic ones. Did not ask anything about strengths/ weaknesses.
    A huge plus if you already know someone that can recommend you for the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you used to working in a hectic work environment?
      How many hours a week can you work?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Long Island University.

Interview

I wasn't asked any questions and was immediately hired..This is largely because the program I was in was so desperate to hire graduate students than professors so that they can save money, that the position was basically HANDED to me. Nothing about my actual skills were asked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go here?   1 Answer

Practor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Long Island University (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy going. Handing my CV and answering few questions. After few days I received a call for the second interview.After second interview the director of testing center approved my employment to start working in a week

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Long Island University.

Interview

Typical normal question best trait worst how do you handle stress have you ever used a mixer mic do you have a clean driving record desired salary wiling to work overtime

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Long Island University.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is straightforward. Staff will review skills and techniques as well as the safety measures and precautions looked at a laboratory setting

Interview Questions

• Expect questions regarding incompatibilities and incompatibilities of chemicals   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookville, Nassau, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Long Island University (Brookville, Nassau, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed by one person--this person knew me--so I was hired on the spot without a formal interview process---of course, this took place over 10 years ago. That's not the hiring practice now. Now, there is a strict formal interview process that HR oversees and no one gets hired without a thorough screening.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was, how soon can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary.