Los Angeles County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles County Interview Questions

Interviews at Los Angeles County

2.7

Interview

It was a very natural and easy process. The interviewers were very open and easy to talk to. I felt free to express my desire to work for the department.

DSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Downey, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Took my written test 11/2019. The interview I think was 03/2020 . They ask questions to see what type of experience you have. If you dont have any experience talk about the education you have received. Then (Covid happened ://). Still going through the process. Met with my investigator April/May went over the background packet. Scheduled a Poly in May . 2nd interview with investigator May/june filled out another questionnaire. 3rd interview with Background investigator we went over social media. (Delays due to covid) Psych / medical scheduled sept. -

Interview Questions

• Alot Name a time when you had to stuff?
      Like name a time you had to work on different tasks at once and how did you overcome that? Name a time when you had a time where you miscommunication between your supervisor and how did you handle it .   Answer Question

Psychiatric Social Worker II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to set up an interview with the supervisor of the program. The interview was about an hour long. The interview was in a cubicle. Interview was easy and not structured, it felt all over the place. I felt like I was mainly the one speaking and asking the questions. There were no behavioral questions or case scenarios to discuss - which made me feel that I was just being interviewed for the sake of them reporting that they interviewed X amount of candidates. I was told that interviews were going to continue and hiring will likely happen after the new year. However, it has been almost a month since the interview and have not heard back. Since I am on a list, I continue to receive calls from other department programs. However, some of the departments are in cities that I did not indicate in the application.

Health Nurse Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Commerce, CA).

Interview

Pleasant interview with chief and assistant chief. Questions are about the job and experience queations (ie “tell me about a time when...” There is a qualification exam prior to getting an interview.

Eligibility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

Basic interview process to determine eligibility and qualifications for the job you have applied for. Helps if you are certified for a second language for this position. Lots of applicants for a position like this as it pays well in DCFS

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to meet a deadline for a project but your supervisor asked you to finish something else. What do you do?   1 Answer

Children's Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Was told to allow 60 minutes for the interview, panicked when it ended in 20 minutes. There were two individuals who took turns asking a series of structured questions. All in all the questions were fairly easy. Notified I made it to the eligibility list (Band 2) will update with info once called back.

Interview Questions

• The one that stood out the most was the last question. It was something along the lines of "is there anything else we should know about you?" I felt like this was my time to make the interview more personable while talking up my credentials and experience.   Answer Question

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Simple. I enjoyed the process. It was fast and very welcoming. I usually get nervous before interviews but it was not bad. I was prepared and motivated. I definitely recommend Los Angeles County.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience did you have   2 Answers

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Panel interview with two interviewers. Very straight to the point asking several behavior questions and not much about background, skills, and education. No frills, no embellishment. Just come in the room, sit, brief intro, and they ask those questions right away.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail an example of a time when you had to address an unexpected problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

Take exam, get score results, wait for phone calls or schedules for interviews, then go personally to the interviews. Depending on some places, there will be more than one supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses? Describe a time you handled conflict and what did you do?   Answer Question

Coordinator for County Supervisors Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

Generic interview with mostly behavioral questions. Panel of two who were already in the role or above. They seemed like they were doing this as a formality because they already knew who they were hiring. Really disinterested process. It also seemed like they were looking for a cookie cutter person who could toe the line.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to convince someone to do something they didn’t want to do.   Answer Question