Los Angeles County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Consumer Affairs Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very inefficient. I live outside of California. It was impossible to reschedule an exam period in advance due to HR having a tendency of giving me last minute rescheduling decisions with less than 2 weeks advance warning, despite me specifically requesting at least a month's time in advance in warning.

LA County's civil service exam was computerized, but unlike other agencies, they did not administer it through computerized testing centers. HR stuck with a very inefficient method of having applicants download, write out, and sign an "official" rescheduling form that must be submitted with documentation proving why we can't make their test date. On top of it, it took them forever to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why can you not make the initial test date we scheduled for you?   Answer Question

Appraiser Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing the exam, there are two interviews. Both of which included two interviewers. It is extremely difficult to determine whether or not you are giving the interviewers the right answers (it all depends on what they are looking for).

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem going into some of the rough neighborhoods in the county?   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County in December 2016.

Interview

I had the interview at the Auditor's office in Downtown LA. You go into a room and fill out forms and wait for them to call you to meet your interviewers. They ask you behavioral questions and some questions on what you would do in a certain situation. There was no time to ask them questions about the job or experience.

Metro Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

Applied online, got an interview offer 6 months later. It was standard, three people with different personalities. Everyone was friendly and willing to give you information about the work culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want work here ? Why are passionate about transportation ? Give an example of a time that you took initiative ?   Answer Question

Safety Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied back in February of 2016 for the position. At first, I was unable to make an interview round in April/May, so I figured I wouldn't hear back. A different department within LA County obtained my information and got in touch with me for an interview in August of 2016. I accepted the interview and was interviewed in a panel of 3 people, one safety inspector and two other safety assistants, if I'm not mistaken. I will hear back this week.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you and why is it important to you?   Answer Question
    • What is an incident investigation?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the biggest challenges you expect to face in this position?   Answer Question
    • What inspired you to apply for the position?   Answer Question
    • How was your educational background prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Legal Support Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied 6/2015 but I don't recall when I tested. I did an interview 3/15 and didn't receive an offer. I left the interview feeling like they already knew who they wanted but needed to meet an interview quota. I got another call for another position, still with the DA office, and this interview was much more pleasant. I met with a panel of about 9 women and I did very well. I interviewed 6/9 and got an offer 6/15.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?   1 Answer
    • When was the last time you encountered an issue at work and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

VeteranProgram/Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online in Feb 2016 took online exam. Moved from Vegas to LA area in March, got letter with test results dated March 8 2016. Got a call late March, but had to decline as I didn't have sufficient transportation to location they wanted me at. Got another call early June 2016, went for "pre-screening" following Friday. Got letter in mail Monday evening to contact one of two people listed. Got called by someone different, but same office Tuesday, got offered position. Went for final processing Thursday. Start July 7 2016.

Child Support Officer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Commerce, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied in March 2016, took a written exam in April 2016, had an interview in June 2016, and got an offer about two weeks after my interview. The interview was a standard list of seven questions that they ask everyone. They all revolved around the theme of customer service as this job is working in a call center for at least a year and a half. The two interviewers were friendly and courteous.

Interview Questions

• There's a customer who's yelling and cursing at you. How would you handle the customer?   1 Answer
    • What do you consider excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

To get hired you must be a high school senior about to graduate or must attend a credited college. Then if you meet the requirements, you will be asked to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• If there is a conflict between taking a test in school and having to go to work, what will you do?   1 Answer

Intermediate Typist Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Downey, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a call and set up an interview for the following day, interviewed with two individuals they were both really nice and laid back. That same day I received a call from them and they offered me the position and I accepted.