Los Angeles County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles County Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018

2.7

Undisclosed Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

I did not put the job title because I am still in the background check phase. My interview process went well. Nice people. I have been job offered, but wondering how long does it actually take for the background check? It's been almost a month since I did the fingerprints. Does anyone know what else they check in the background check?

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I went on an interview a week ago. The interview went well. The woman who interviewed me even gave me an office tour and had me meet office personnel, as well as discussed the hours she would like me to do. However, she also told me I would hear back early to mid the following week, then at a different point in the interview said a week-week and a half. I followed up with her exactly a week later. Her response was that she had other interviews that had already been scheduled and it would take about two weeks for her to make a decision. She said I can give her a call in two weeks if I'd like. How should I take that?

ITC Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

When I went in for my interview, with a couple of other candidates, HR told us that they were doing a new interview process. It was like speed dating, there were four tables and two hiring managers in each table, and we only had 15 minutes to interview before moving to the next table. I couldn't imagine how that was going to work but it actually went pretty smooth, and we had enough time to answer questions. They asked about past work experiences, weaknesses and strengths, and just specific questions related to the position. After about an hour of interviews we were asked to wait in the lobby while the managers reviewed their notes. A couple of minutes later HR comes out with job offers for all of us. I received six job offers and I had to make a decision right on the spot. I accepted the best one suited for me and then I moved on to do fingerprinting. The entire process was fast, and getting a job offer that same day was great.

Account Clerk I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

It was an "on the spot" hiring process. There were two interviews with a two person panel for each one. They asked mostly personality questions and proficiency in Microsoft office.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Intermediate Typist Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Long Beach, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was decent. They asked me a couple of questions and did not wait long before giving me a callback . I was already on the list and I needed a transfer to be closer to home. Once your in with the county the process is fairly easy to transfer if another department has your title.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Takes 3/4 of year to get to the interview stage. Questions had very little to do with the position. Seemed more like a hoop to them and they are really not interested in skills, They are more focused on culture. Great way to weed out any chance for process improvement and raising the bar.

Interview Questions

• How do you address problem employee issues under collective bargaining units? What programs have you used in the past?   Answer Question

Public Response Dispatcher I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Monterey Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

My time line is as follows:
    9/2/17 - Applied for the position on governmentjobs.com
    9/29/17- Received an invitation to the written exam
    10/19/17- Took the CAL POST Entry Level Public Response Dispatcher I Testing Battery
    11/2/17- Informed of Passing Score on the above test. Invited to the Typing Test
    11/15/17- Took Typing test and passed, then participated in the Oral Exam.

I am currently awaiting my final notice of either not being selected or placed on a band. Once on a band, you are given a position in line basically. Once your number comes up, you're then given a Conditional Job Offer, and proceed to the Background Examination and Medical Exams. I will update this once I have new information.

For me, the hardest part of the process so far was the test. But its not something you can study or really prepare for. Its an honest evaluation of your ability to multitask and follow directions.

Per department policy, questions asked during the testing sessions and interviews are confidential as to not give any applicant an upper hand over another. Failure to comply with this policy is grounds for removal from the hiring process and termination if already hired.

VeteranProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online around May on the county website. I was contacted via telephone about a month later and was asked if I was interested to email one of the county representatives. I emailed my resume and got a call back about 3 weeks later. I was asked to call in that following Monday for an phone screening/ interview. I called in and was on the phone with two county workers who are in charge of recruiting Veterans. I was on the phone with them for about 40 minutes. The interview was pretty straight forward. Can you relocate to the Los Angeles area? why do you want to work for the county? How proficient are you on Microsoft Office? What is a weakness and strength? and a few more. After the interview i was told they were going to pass on my name for a second in person interview. Shortly after the phone call i was called to set up another interview in LA. Second interview was involved a panel of 3 directors. Interview was easy about 10-15 minutes. At the end of the interview, I was told they wanted me and couldn't officially offer me the position but i was basically in. An hour later i was called, I was officially offer the position. I am now waiting to start the physical exam, background-check, etc.

Interview Questions

• The job entails attention to detail are you dependable.   Answer Question

Assistant Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

A very quick interview that mostly consisted of experience based questions centered around the technology described in the job description. There are no technical questions, but you will be given a couple of questions testing your general knowledge of the technology used on the job. After the interview, you are placed on one of six bands depending on how well you did on the interview. This determines who they call first when positions open.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process can take awhile from the county but communication was positive. They were very helpful.
    The interview involves a set of questions as with any county. They were very engaging.