Los Angeles County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

submitted an application online. About a month later I received a letter with information about the interview. I showed up and it was line a casting call. You line up many other applicants. Then we all got placed into a room to wait for our respectiv interviewers. The interview is sitting down and questioned by 2 interviewers alternating questions. Some are: did you have any trouble getting here today? Tell me about yourself?
    How did you prepare for the interview? Do you know anyone tar works here?
    Tell us of a time when you handled a difficult situation? What's your biggest accomplishment?...

Few weeks later I received a letter telling me where I placed in the pool of applicants. No offers of furthe interviews yet. They will supposedly pull candidates from the list in order of our interview scores when vacancies arise The list I am on is good for a year

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for the interview?   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Their test for the hiring process was to be interviewed by two people. They then place you on a list. I was called about a year after being placed on this list. I didn't think I would ge interviewed b/c they had placed me in Group 2. At the interview, they didn't tell me the truth. They never informed me that I would have to go on emergencies and not get home until after 9:00 pm. They never told me that I would be required to be on call once a month after passing probation [which is six months].

After you are hired, it takes about 3 months for the paperwork to process through HR. They make you get a physical at Great Samaritan Hospital with a doctor who just asks you questions about the form that you have to fill out before the appt.

Interview Questions

• What type of experiences have you had that would make you a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as the County starts everyone with the same pay.

Chief Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Short and extremely uninterested in the employees actual skills and experience. This interview really should have been about my actual real life skills and experience. The really need to concentrate on the applicant as an individual.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have encountered while serving in your prior position?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

First, all candidates must take a verbal and math test. Once they pass this test, they will be placed on a list based upon their scores for any job openings. When there is a job opening, they will receive a call for an interview. After the interview, if the candidate is accepted, they will have to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail an example of a time when you had to address an unexpected problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not very organized, a lot of writing down answers for questions presented. The interview process can be and is very subjective for the "interview" portion of the interview.

Intermediate Typist Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was in a form of a job fair. I went to two different tables and was asked interviewing questions. All of the interviewers were nice, respectful and seemed genuine.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to leave my current employer?   2 Answers

Intermediate Typist Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Downey, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a call and set up an interview for the following day, interviewed with two individuals they were both really nice and laid back. That same day I received a call from them and they offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

LA County requires you take the exam for the clerical series. Make sure to get the highest score and get placed on first and second band as they wont bother to call if you're placed lower than the two. Got placed on the eligibility list and then was called a year later. Different departments will start calling you or will be sending you canvass letters if they have positions available in their departments. You interview for the departments if you're interested. All the departments run off a fixed script of questions relating to the position. Expect a second interview if they are interested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were not able to meet a deadline.
      How do you deal with a high stress environment?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County in December 2016.

Interview

I had the interview at the Auditor's office in Downtown LA. You go into a room and fill out forms and wait for them to call you to meet your interviewers. They ask you behavioral questions and some questions on what you would do in a certain situation. There was no time to ask them questions about the job or experience.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

2 interviewers ask you alternating questions and grade you on a scale of 100%. There are levels based on your grade. You still pass if you score 60+% but you'll be on the vacancy list. Questions include technical, experience and personal.

Interview Questions

• 1. Types of audit? 2. Difficulty with a coworker? 3. Strengths & weaknesses   Answer Question