Los Angeles County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles County Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.7

ITC Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County.

Interview

When I went in for my interview, with a couple of other candidates, HR told us that they were doing a new interview process. It was like speed dating, there were four tables and two hiring managers in each table, and we only had 15 minutes to interview before moving to the next table. I couldn't imagine how that was going to work but it actually went pretty smooth, and we had enough time to answer questions. They asked about past work experiences, weaknesses and strengths, and just specific questions related to the position. After about an hour of interviews we were asked to wait in the lobby while the managers reviewed their notes. A couple of minutes later HR comes out with job offers for all of us. I received six job offers and I had to make a decision right on the spot. I accepted the best one suited for me and then I moved on to do fingerprinting. The entire process was fast, and getting a job offer that same day was great.

Public Response Dispatcher I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Monterey Park, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

My time line is as follows:
    9/2/17 - Applied for the position on governmentjobs.com
    9/29/17- Received an invitation to the written exam
    10/19/17- Took the CAL POST Entry Level Public Response Dispatcher I Testing Battery
    11/2/17- Informed of Passing Score on the above test. Invited to the Typing Test
    11/15/17- Took Typing test and passed, then participated in the Oral Exam.

I am currently awaiting my final notice of either not being selected or placed on a band. Once on a band, you are given a position in line basically. Once your number comes up, you're then given a Conditional Job Offer, and proceed to the Background Examination and Medical Exams. I will update this once I have new information.

For me, the hardest part of the process so far was the test. But its not something you can study or really prepare for. Its an honest evaluation of your ability to multitask and follow directions.

Per department policy, questions asked during the testing sessions and interviews are confidential as to not give any applicant an upper hand over another. Failure to comply with this policy is grounds for removal from the hiring process and termination if already hired.

VeteranProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online around May on the county website. I was contacted via telephone about a month later and was asked if I was interested to email one of the county representatives. I emailed my resume and got a call back about 3 weeks later. I was asked to call in that following Monday for an phone screening/ interview. I called in and was on the phone with two county workers who are in charge of recruiting Veterans. I was on the phone with them for about 40 minutes. The interview was pretty straight forward. Can you relocate to the Los Angeles area? why do you want to work for the county? How proficient are you on Microsoft Office? What is a weakness and strength? and a few more. After the interview i was told they were going to pass on my name for a second in person interview. Shortly after the phone call i was called to set up another interview in LA. Second interview was involved a panel of 3 directors. Interview was easy about 10-15 minutes. At the end of the interview, I was told they wanted me and couldn't officially offer me the position but i was basically in. An hour later i was called, I was officially offer the position. I am now waiting to start the physical exam, background-check, etc.

Interview Questions

• The job entails attention to detail are you dependable.   Answer Question

Assistant Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

A very quick interview that mostly consisted of experience based questions centered around the technology described in the job description. There are no technical questions, but you will be given a couple of questions testing your general knowledge of the technology used on the job. After the interview, you are placed on one of six bands depending on how well you did on the interview. This determines who they call first when positions open.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process can take awhile from the county but communication was positive. They were very helpful.
    The interview involves a set of questions as with any county. They were very engaging.

Consumer Affairs Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very inefficient. I live outside of California. It was impossible to reschedule an exam period in advance due to HR having a tendency of giving me last minute rescheduling decisions with less than 2 weeks advance warning, despite me specifically requesting at least a month's time in advance in warning.

LA County's civil service exam was computerized, but unlike other agencies, they did not administer it through computerized testing centers. HR stuck with a very inefficient method of having applicants download, write out, and sign an "official" rescheduling form that must be submitted with documentation proving why we can't make their test date. On top of it, it took them forever to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why can you not make the initial test date we scheduled for you?   Answer Question

Psychiatrist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Friendly accomodating collegial.The Manager explained his vision of the clinic and it was very interesting we would be together with primary care in the future that would help to treat patients better.

Interview Questions

• When could I start.What scheduled I prefered. Talking about spanish speaking patients only.Requirements like treatment plans. EMR system.Plans for the future and how long of and assigment.I worked for LA Couty before so they where happy with my work.   1 Answer

Appraiser Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles County (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing the exam, there are two interviews. Both of which included two interviewers. It is extremely difficult to determine whether or not you are giving the interviewers the right answers (it all depends on what they are looking for).

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem going into some of the rough neighborhoods in the county?   1 Answer

Appraiser Trainee Real Property Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County in February 2017.

Interview

You apply for the job online, then you take a written exam. If you pass the exam, you get an interview. Interviews are structured in that they tell you that they can only ask the questions as written in their interview book, interview lasts 20 minutes tops. They do not as anything other than what is written and they tell you that if you have any questions, that you need to ask hr.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you have done to prepare for this interview today.   Answer Question
    • Has there ever been a time at work when you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If you witnessed a coworker doing something against the rules, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County in December 2016.

Interview

I had the interview at the Auditor's office in Downtown LA. You go into a room and fill out forms and wait for them to call you to meet your interviewers. They ask you behavioral questions and some questions on what you would do in a certain situation. There was no time to ask them questions about the job or experience.