Louisiana Tech University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Louisiana Tech University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.1

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Contract position, totally take around 2 months, apply through friend reference through email, after phone interview by direct boss, ask some skills and experience, get offer after about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   1 Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Just told about all the work details and how the scheduling works. Its a normal job and not very hard, just do your job and everything is fine. Not a very big interview process but need to be able to work properly

Interview Questions

• It was just routine interview to assess if you can do the job.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University.

Interview

There was none.. position was gotten by academic merit and Teacher Recommendations. Graduate Assistants are mainly internationals to help them get out-of-state scholarship fee waiver. After you have been accepted you go through an Orientation process that explain your duties and meet with the payroll office. That's about it.

Negotiation

it was straight to the point.. i was assigned to work with two professors!

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

in person and coding was required. background of php.Team orientated development of complex web based applications.
    Front end development using HTML, CSS, Javascript, JQuery, AJAX and others.
    Maintaining existing codebase, including troubleshooting, bug fixing and new feature integration.

Interview Questions

• code a interface system which can take details of students in php and also validate the entered details   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had submitted the resume to a professor showing my intention to join his group as a postdoctoral research associate. After reviewing he called me for the interview 1:1. Then his senior postdoctoral researcher interviewed me regarding my future interest and endeavors. The decision was made on the same day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans?   1 Answer
    • How could you contribute to our group for new product development?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any publications?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Find a professor you like, mostly you want it will be someone who related to your major, make a meeting and be polite to him/her since you are only a student.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in October 2013.

Interview

I talked with the supervisor about the possible future opening. luckily there was one and I showed my interest. I was asked to come and visit him in his tomorrow. We had an hour long chit-chat about my research interest and few other question that was not research related.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University.

Interview

Very relaxed, very friendly. Search committee/chair was and happy to show me around town and offer housing suggestions.

Hall Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

It is a presentation based interview. The presentation they will not tell you what to make it on but i would focus on the key aspects of what a hall director does. (Leadership, communication, ability to relate, and etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be Hall Director?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Question regarding chemical process, fabrication knowledge, discussion on two research papers. He ask lot of question regarding safety and consistency during experiments. Question regarding previous experience as research assistant. Discussion about current research, direction reason and purpose. Employer also asked question regrading experience in programing language, research interest, and research direction

Interview Questions

• What are possible safety measures required during experiment with oxygen plasma? Why oxygen plasma works?   Answer Question