Lover's Lane Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lover's Lane Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shorewood, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lover's Lane (Shorewood, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume on Indeed got called for an phone interview then called again for an in store interview a week later. Manager was completely unprofessional and made me sit through an interview lasting 4 hours. Hardly any of her questions had anything to do with the job itself. Didn't even end up getting a job offer. Complete waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lover's Lane (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Dropped off my resume, was called in for an initial review. Manager gave a general overview of the companies policies, incentive program of 2% per commission. Did not go through with the job as the manager offered me 10.00$, but attempted to have me sign off during the employee handbook review for 7.25$ - 8.40$, which is below the minimum wage of the area. Required all employees to leave their phones in the managers office, and empty their purse into a plastic bag in the storage area.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any prior sales experience? If so, in what field.   Answer Question

Romance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lover's Lane (Novi, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Friendly, fast, easy. It was an early interview so the store wasn't busy, only one other staff member there aside from the hiring manager. It was a quiet and clean establishment. There was no uncomfort during the whole process.

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lover's Lane (Novi, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Conventional interview for sales though it is unconventional product. Given job description and asked about comfortability of the products, etc. Walked through an average day and what was to be expected.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Basic interview questions, held in an office/stock room, usually a quick interview due to being asked nornal questions for the most part. Also, if they want you they'll make it obvious. At the end, asked to upsell a random item from the back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They usually will comply with the hours you want to work, which shifts and certain days you need off. Just don't expect it all the time.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lover's Lane.

Interview

When I came in for the interview I was taken to the stock room/office. Every inch was covered in extra toys. I was asked the basic interview questions as well as questions as
    -How would you sell to a man?
    -How would you refer to people's genitals?
    -Would you be comfortable selling c rings and p pumps?

Interview Questions

• -How would you respond to a customer who asked your personal experiences with a toy?
      (you keep it professional and don't talk about person experiences)
      -How would you sell to a man?
      (same as I would a woman)
      -How would you refer to people's genitals?
      (pen is, erecti0n,clit0ris... all proper terms)
      -Would you be comfortable selling c rings and p pumps?
      (yes)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lover's Lane (Skokie, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Basically you go in and meet with the store manager and she will ask you a handful of questions; your previous work history, your availability, your career goals and your outlook on life and whether or not you feel comfortable selling the products offered, etc. Then she will either give you a yes or no and have you come back to fill out new hire forms.

Interview Questions

• they asked about my comfort level with selling some of the product offered.   1 Answer

Graphic Artist/Web Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lover's Lane in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come in for an interview. When I arrived, I filled out a paper application. I met with a lady from HR. She asked me standard interview questions, and we went over my portfolio. Then we met with the VP and we went over my portfolio again. Overall, I was asked normal interview questions, strengths, weakness, tell me about a time....

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lover's Lane (Roseville, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was actually the best part of my experience there, the hiring manager wanted to know about who I was as a person not how I'd performed elsewhere. She made me feel extremely at ease, no interview jitters here! She described her team to me, their personalities, strengths and weaknesses and then asked me if it sounded like a place that I would fit into well.

Interview Questions

• What is something that has occurred in your life either negative or positive that has made you into the person that you are now.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lover's Lane.

Interview

General questions- what are your high points, low points, what do do well what could you work on. It's really a very easy interview-- really need to act yourself because they want to see if you're out-going enough to do the job of selling adult novelties. This is a REAL SALES job... you will not be standing around talking to co-workers or doing stock, you will be forcing high end vibrators down customers throats whether they want your assistance or not.

Interview Questions

• What's something you need to change about your personality (really who wants to admit what they suck at doing?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation- you either take the pay they give you or you leave.