Lowenstein Sandler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowenstein Sandler Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowenstein Sandler

2.6

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR and two in person interviews. Questions were asked to get a feel if you fit the culture as well as patent specific questions. It was extensive to make sure you would be a good fit for the firm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler.

Interview

I was recruited by an outside headhunter. I had 1 day of interviews with a handful of members of the department, starting with the hiring partner. I got the feeling that the other interviewers were just to provide some feedback but that ultimately the decision would be pretty much entirely made by the hiring partner of that group. All interviews were one on one, no panel interviews, and pretty standard law firm interview fare, nothing surprising. The HR or recruiting lead met me and shepherded me around. The attorneys were wearing anything from suits to business elegant/dressy casual, such as suits without a tie. As an applicant, you should definitely wear a suit and err on the conservative side if in doubt but it's definitely not the kind of firm where you need to show up in a high end designer suit with a handbag or briefcase that cost thousands of dollars. A traditional cut and dark color suit from Ralph Lauren, Nordstrom, Brooks Brothers, Ann Taylor, Theory, or Banana Republic or the like would suffice for an interview. The office is reasonably nice but not as luxurious or swanky as some of the white shoe NYC firms. The admins I interacted with were generally very nice. Among the lawyers there's a mix of high power, fancy name credentials and home grown (NJ) talent. They were very efficient in making a decision and I received a written offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising. I was asked some in depth questions about accomplishments/work projects listed on my resume, and also pressed for relating my prior experience to the demands of the job I was seeking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a firm written offer but it wasn't negotiable. The associate classes apparently are all within a certain range of each other. The only thing somewhat negotiable was my start date.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Roseland, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Brought me through 3 interviews, very positive. Didn't make me feel like I was a burden or wasting their time. Full interviews with different people and different styles. Left feeling positive. Little to no follow up until I was rejected.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Roseland, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was well structured and thorough, but also very down to earth. Starting with an initial email asking about past employment, followed by a phone interview and 3 in-person interviews. They were very professional and helpful throughout, even made sure you would be able to get to their location comfortably!

Every step was well coordinated, and every interviewer well informed. By the end, everyone will get a clear sense of things. All in all, the perfect blend of organized and human, something the firm is well known for.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your top skill, and how do you apply it?   Answer Question

Feb 14, 2018

Thanks so much for your honesty and for taking the time to write about your experience. The interviewing process can be daunting so we try our best to be sure that the areas you mentioned above are... More

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler in February 2019.

Interview

They considered my resume which didn’t meet the exact requirements but they believed it might just be a good fit. I was happy they gave me a chance because I definitely have a special case resume. Only went through phone interview. Coleen was extremely sweet. I was asked very compelling questions. She was very transparent about the nature of the position and extending opportunities. The phone call alone made me want to be a part of the companies culture.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company ?   Answer Question
    • What is you best skill you can offer and what is something you’re working on ?   Answer Question
    • If I went to all your previous employers, what would they say ?   Answer Question

Mar 10, 2019

Thank you so much for your time in writing this review and for your candid response. We are glad that you found the interview thoughtful and transparent. Best of luck in your search!

Marketing Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Roseland, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was extremely organized and professional. After I had applied online, I received an email from the recruitment coordinator asking me to provide a brief description of my past work history. I then scheduled a phone interview with the recruitment manager (they were very understanding of my limited schedule).

I had two on- site interviews with a few members of the team, everyone asked relevant and challenging questions. LS presented itself as a professional yet relaxed environment, with team members who enjoyed working with one another.

Colleen was a joy to work with as she made the entire interview process run seamlessly. I am very pleased to have been offered the position and be a part of the LS community.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced professionally?   1 Answer
    • Open ended question: Can you describe your work history and how it is relevant to the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

May 22, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very happy that your experience during the recruiting process went well and hope that you are enjoying your experience at the firm.

Senior Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Roseland, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

Fairly easy, not hard. Just know your skills and experience and you'll be able to answer any questions, even challenge questions (e.g., What would you do in this situation?, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with billing?   1 Answer

May 21, 2019

We are glad that you found the interviewing process user friendly and hope that you are enjoying your new position at the firm.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Worked through 3rd party recruiter. One interview, met with two practice group leaders (partners). One asked tougher questions for about 30 mins, the other was very social and funny -- once he assessed my experience, we enjoyed a nice conversation about friends and former colleagues we had in common. I had an offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Level of experience interacting directly with clients (independence).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate - it was a significant increase in salary from my prior role.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The telephone interview lasted about 45 minutes and I did not feel rushed. The interviewer from the Boston office was very patient and helpful. She asked if I was familiar with the firm and seemed genuinely proud to work there. I was glad I did my research because we spoke about the probono work for a bit.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with an example of a difficult employee situation and your solution to the conflict.   Answer Question

Office Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Roseland, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

I initially received an email from recruitment manager and then an over the phone interview. Throughout a week I engaged in an in person interview with my would be direct managers, and then a final interview with the HR director and received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to work for LS?   1 Answer
    • What personal traits of yours would benefit LS?   1 Answer

May 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you are enjoying your experience and that you are finding that your personal traits are a great match for the firm.