Lowenstein Sandler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.8

IT Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Roseland, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone Conversation
    Face to Face with HR and Help Desk Manager
    Skype with IT Director

Very Detailed with open Communication on the next steps and follow up
    Beautiful Office
    Up to date technolgy - Seems like a great place to work

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (New York, NY).

Interview

It went really well! Colleen Boyle and Sharon Stewart are both such a sweet and professional woman! I Really hope I get the job offer because I would love to work there!

Interview Questions

• What did I do at my last job?   1 Answer

Lowenstein Sandler Response

Jul 24, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. We are thrilled that you had such a positive interviewing experience with our firm and wish you much success!

Senior Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Recruiting Manager. She was amazing!!! She was so warm and welcoming. She has such a calming demeanor. She made me feel really comfortable and it helped to set my nerves at ease! When it came to the testing part, she told me they gave me 30 minutes, but it was ok if I needed more time to complete the test. I would definitely recommend anyone seeking employment to give Lowenstein Sandler a try!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Roseland, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

There was no screener. I was emailed to schedule the in-office interview and was provided a list of interviewers a day or two before the interview. Upon arrival, I was led to a conference room, where I met with two partners and two associates for 30 minutes each. Typical law firm interview, no major surprises. Interviewers were mostly nice and engaged.

Interview Questions

• Asked about interest in their practice group and asked detailed questions about previous experience.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR and two in person interviews. Questions were asked to get a feel if you fit the culture as well as patent specific questions. It was extensive to make sure you would be a good fit for the firm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler.

Interview

I was recruited by an outside headhunter. I had 1 day of interviews with a handful of members of the department, starting with the hiring partner. I got the feeling that the other interviewers were just to provide some feedback but that ultimately the decision would be pretty much entirely made by the hiring partner of that group. All interviews were one on one, no panel interviews, and pretty standard law firm interview fare, nothing surprising. The HR or recruiting lead met me and shepherded me around. The attorneys were wearing anything from suits to business elegant/dressy casual, such as suits without a tie. As an applicant, you should definitely wear a suit and err on the conservative side if in doubt but it's definitely not the kind of firm where you need to show up in a high end designer suit with a handbag or briefcase that cost thousands of dollars. A traditional cut and dark color suit from Ralph Lauren, Nordstrom, Brooks Brothers, Ann Taylor, Theory, or Banana Republic or the like would suffice for an interview. The office is reasonably nice but not as luxurious or swanky as some of the white shoe NYC firms. The admins I interacted with were generally very nice. Among the lawyers there's a mix of high power, fancy name credentials and home grown (NJ) talent. They were very efficient in making a decision and I received a written offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising. I was asked some in depth questions about accomplishments/work projects listed on my resume, and also pressed for relating my prior experience to the demands of the job I was seeking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a firm written offer but it wasn't negotiable. The associate classes apparently are all within a certain range of each other. The only thing somewhat negotiable was my start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Roseland, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Brought me through 3 interviews, very positive. Didn't make me feel like I was a burden or wasting their time. Full interviews with different people and different styles. Left feeling positive. Little to no follow up until I was rejected.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The telephone interview lasted about 45 minutes and I did not feel rushed. The interviewer from the Boston office was very patient and helpful. She asked if I was familiar with the firm and seemed genuinely proud to work there. I was glad I did my research because we spoke about the probono work for a bit.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with an example of a difficult employee situation and your solution to the conflict.   Answer Question

Associate/Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler.

Interview

Met with practice group leader initially; followed by second round interviews with other partners and associates. However, I was directly recruited by a practice group leader so other experiences may differ.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unsuccessfully attempted to negotiate for higher salary and in hindsight regret accepting the offer given the workload and hours expectations that followed.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowenstein Sandler (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Worked through 3rd party recruiter. One interview, met with two practice group leaders (partners). One asked tougher questions for about 30 mins, the other was very social and funny -- once he assessed my experience, we enjoyed a nice conversation about friends and former colleagues we had in common. I had an offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Level of experience interacting directly with clients (independence).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate - it was a significant increase in salary from my prior role.