LowerMyBills Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 2 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at LowerMyBills

LowerMyBills

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LowerMyBills (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2014

Interview

Was given code exam, then series of questions. Questions ranged from regular expressions questions, to general looping and code logic questions, to database sql questions to system admin type questions. Interview was challenging & fair. Overall interview was roughly one and a half hours long. Interviewer could have been more experienced, but again, not bad. Overall, would rank 5 of 10. Could have been more rigorous on code questions.

Interview Questions
  • First question was a regular expression question.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LowerMyBills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LowerMyBills (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013

Interview

The interview process begins with an initial phone call by a Technical Recruiter who will ask your current work experience. -If he is impressed with it he will schedule a Telephonic Screening Interview. -The Telephonic Interview consisted of all the Core Java Technical questions and they will ask about your current job. It lasted for about 30 minutes. Questions asked in Telephone Round: 1) Difference between Abstract and Interface. 2) How to define Thread in Java? 3) Questions related to MultiThreading? 4) Explain the overview of Spring Framework. 5) Explain the overview of Ibatis/Hibernate Framework. 6) Questions related to Collections in Java. I was able to clear the Telephonic round and after that the recruiter scheduled an in-person interview at their Company in Los Angeles, CA. The recruiter sent me an Agenda for the in-person interview. I was interviewed with 6 people on-site including the Recruiter.The interview lasted for around 3 hours. - The on-site interview started with meeting with Product Manager. She asked me about the background and some behavioral questions. - After Product Manager's session the Recruiter gave me an coding assessment test to do. -The test consisted of 3 questions which were related to showing the right output. The following are the questions: 1) A program was to check whether to check it will compile or not. The program was related to String function append. I dont remember the exact code but is looked somewhat like this: public class MyTest{ String greet= "Hello"; public static void main (String args[]) { append (greet); System.out.println(greet); } public void append(String msg) { msg = msg + "World"; } } 2) Write a program to define a singleton class FooFactoryBuilder and how will you call that singleton object. 3) How will you implement the following Interface public Interface Iterator { public boolean hasNext(); public object next(); public void remove(); } - After the assessment I was interview with one of the Expert level Java Developer who started with asking some simple Core Java Questions but later he asked such which I found difficult to answer. Some of the questions were: 1) Difference between Overloading and Overriding 2) Questions related to Collections. 3) How will you implement Iterator Interface. 4) Questions related to database Normalization which were real time examples. 5) And many other Practical questions. - The next person to Interview me was a Software Architect who will review your test paper and based on that he will ask you questions. Some of the questions were : 1) Is String Immutable or mutable 2) difference between == and equals 3) how do you perform debugging in your current job. He was running out of time so he asked other person to interview me. -The other person to interview me was a Senior Software Engineer. He went through me resume and asked me questions based on my resume. Some of the following questions: 1) Describe the TCP/IP network layer. 2) What is an interface and write an Interface which you implemented. 3) Explain DAO in Java how did you use it. Although its a good place to work for but the interview according to me was bit long and some questions were difficult to answer. For an entry level position they are expecting too many things and very in-depth knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • Questions related to database Normalization which were real time examples.
Be the first to find this interview helpful