Lubrizol Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lubrizol Interview Questions

Interviews at Lubrizol

2.9

Research Chemist/Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lubrizol.

Interview

Lubrizol recruited at my University for Ph.D. Research Chemist positions. After submitting my resume through my University, I was set up with an interview with a panel of three interviewers. The interview was short but relatively straightforward. They asked me to summarize my research, asked me about my resume, and asked me some technical questions. The technical question had one challenging question but the rest of the technical questions were not very difficult. These questions were related to research performed at Lubrizol. I did not receive an on-site interview.

Director of Manufacturing (Biotech) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lubrizol (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2020.

Interview

i was contacted by a recruiter for the role. we went through the basic niceties etc.

i explained to her the salary i required and she said she would present that to her client.
    she came back to me a second time to confirm the hiring team was interested and aware of the salary.
    the next week i received a rather irritating text message from the recruiter stating that "...just to confirm, you take "blah blah" and not a penny more...." which i thought was a rather odd and rude text. anyway i confirmed this.

never heard back.

COMPLETE WASTE OF MY TIME.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lubrizol (Paso Robles, CA).

Interview

Online application, called pretty quickly then scheduled an in person interview. Individually with each department manager, all telling me how great it is to work there and how much money the company has. Just simple questions from my resume. Loved it thought it was great. Called to offer me the job a few days later, all was great except they low balled me at $18/hr and the shift would be a graveyard 12 hour shift with no shift differential (no mention of graveyard shift up until this time). I was blown away at how low it was, as this area in California is very expensive and with a bs degree. I countered at $21 and they returned with $18.75. I expected $25/hr. With that being said I had to decline.

Chemical Engineering Co-op Interview

Interview

I was interviewed in person by a panal of 3 people. They ask tough questions so be fully prepared to know everything about the company and make sure to practice your answers.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lubrizol.

Interview

There are so many things that I love about this Research Engineer role. You are joining a team of fantastic researchers that work in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Our labs are equipped with cutting edge technologies and we partner externally with the some of the best universities and R & D organizations in the world. Our team is highly sought after and often lead some of the most exciting projects at Lubrizol. We are committed to investing in the development our employees and maintaining our leadership position in our industry.

Interview Questions

Interview

Talked at a university career fair, interviewed the next day with two current employees, received a call about a week later to interview onsite so I went there and had 4 hours of interviews with engineers, health and safety managers, HR...

Interview Questions

• Name a technical project you worked on in school or previous experience   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lubrizol.

Interview

I applied online and was then invited to take a personality/logical reasoning assessment that lasted about an hour. From there, I received a skype interview with 2 data scientists. Initially, I was informed that the interview process consists of one behavioral interview followed by a technical interview. However, this skype interview was almost entirely technical.

Interview Questions

• What they described as "high level thinking" questions that dealt primarily with regression analysis and experimental design. They gave specific examples/models and asked questions about how you would proceed with the given information.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Lubrizol (Cleveland, OH) in March 2019.

Interview

Beware - they don't want experienced professionals from the outside! Lubrizol seems to be using the hiring process to collect hiring data to be able to show they interviewed a variety of demographics from the outside. If you watch LinkedIn and Glassdoor, they only seem to hire (cheaper) recent college graduates or their own. A complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lubrizol.

Interview

I applied through University. Declined after the first round. They asked some technical questions. For example, which model should be used based on the particular situation. It seems they prefer the students who have more experience about the Bayse

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wickliffe, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lubrizol (Wickliffe, OH).

Interview

I first met with Lubrizol members during an on-campus interview. They met with eight people from my department, and I was the only person they invited on-site, so I felt pretty good about it.

The first thing I realized was that the on-site interview schedule they gave me was insanely grueling. I was to have five or six separate interviews in a span of 10 hours. I was also told that there would be a kind of "assessment" online that I should take the day before my on-site interview. I figured the assessment would be a kind of personality-based test. Nope! The online assessment was a collection of LSAT-type logic questions that I did not have time to finish. Like 50 questions that I only have 20 minutes to complete. I was completely caught off guard by this, and I have not encountered anything like it since then.

During the actual interview, the vast majority of the questions were behavioral-based. "When was a time when you encountered a difficulty and how did you solve it" blah blah blah. I had stories prepared and I felt pretty good about my answers. My presentation seemed to go well, and they brought me out for lunch and dinner. I toured the facilities and talked with the chemists, and I was struck by how incredibly boring the actual chemistry seemed. I am an organic chemist, and this company makes greasy esters out of recycled materials. I understand that the additives produced by Lubrizol are important, but it seems like very basic chemistry that I felt frankly overqualified to do.

Three weeks after the interview, I received my rejection call. At this point, I was expecting it. Why? Because Lubrizol CONSTANTLY brings people in for interviews as a "research chemist" and does not hire them. I know offhand two other people who were brought in for on-site interviews and did not get hired. My friend who works in pharma knows several people who got brought in and were not hired. Why would Lubrizol spend so much time bringing people in? Do they actually have a position to fill, or is this how they choose to spend their time? Three weeks after my interview, the "vacant" position was listed again online. I believe the open position exists to this day.

Just know that if you get an interview here, it's highly likely that you are wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to convince a peer or a supervisor that your idea was superior to theirs?   1 Answer