Lubrizol Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lubrizol Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.9

Engineer Coop Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lubrizol.

Interview

Lubrizol recruits at my college and after a friendly chat with other young engineer they asked if I wanted an interview. I said yes, the interview was with two other chemical engineers. They really emphasized that they were looking for a 4.0 GPA but ended up offering me a position anyways. They are very slow to return offers (a few weeks minimum). Over all flow of the interview was conversational and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the role you played in your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Statistcian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lubrizol in January 2017.

Interview

I talked with the hire manger, who was kind and knowledgeable. He treated me like a friend so I have no idea how well I performed. He asked me why I applied for this position and three technical questions.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lubrizol (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I originally applied for this position in April and had a phone interview with a recruiter. Two months after the interview, I still had not received a reply. I called the recruiter's supervisor and finally received a response. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager. About a month and half later, I finally had a face-to-face interview with hiring manager, supervisor, a manager from another department and a HR rep. The entire process took a little over 4 months. Communication with and within the organization could use some improvements.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, however the supervisor made a few very rude comments   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lubrizol (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Flowed fairly well and had all non-technical questions. Behavioral questions made up the majority of the interview and there was one engineer and one HR rep present. Interviewers were relaxed and spoke a lot about the company, but had a clear list of questions and rating system for each one.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the most complex problem you have ever solved, how you went about the problem, and the outcomes of the challenge.   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lubrizol (Wilmington, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Got the posting through a recruiter, and once I decided it would be a good fit, things moved pretty quickly. within a few days they wanted to do an on-site interview with the entire management team (individually). Met with 6 people for almost an hour each, which made for a long afternoon. the interviews consisted of mostly job specific questions and bit of behavioral stuff (from HR). Overall a good experience, apparently they wanted one particular type of experience which I didn't have. I thought I was a good fit but oh well.

Interview Questions

• Everyone asked me some version of "Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult employee."   Answer Question

Strategic Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lubrizol (Cleveland, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview began with basic background information about Lubrizol and also background on the department and job opening as well. After initial background on these parts of the company discussion was about how well a fit I would be for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to resolve an issue between team members   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lubrizol.

Interview

I applied thru school's internship database. The whole process took about a month, including a screening phone interview and if you are selected, they have another interview with 2 or 3 other engineers. The interview was relatively easy. For interns, they mainly asked behavioral questions.

Drafting for Legal Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wickliffe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lubrizol (Wickliffe, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews and the hiring manager wanted me to come in for an in person interview because she loved all my qualifications. The recruiter never called me back or touched base and 2 months later I got an email saying they were no longer interested. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lubrizol in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the supervisor of the department and a senior chemist in the department. It was no longer than 45 minutes and I got a call the next day that I received the job. There were no unexpected or difficult questions. I did not have previous experience so it was mostly questions about how I would handle hypothetical situations.

Chemical Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lubrizol.

Interview

I spoke to them at the co-op fair at my university. Shortly after I received a phone call asking me to come back and do an interview while they were still on campus. That interview went well and they asked me to go on-site for a second interview which last ~8 hours and consisted of many individual interview sessions with various employees and a short tour of the site.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and questions about projects/experiences on my resume   Answer Question